Peter Schrager: Joe Burrow should now be viewed as the top QB in the AFC

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Until Buffalo wins the AFC and or Superbowl he wont be given that title.  Its a team award.  Allen is the most gifted Qb.  He cleans up a few things I expect him to have an incredible year and hopefully in the same spot as this postseason but every game in Buffalo. 

I don’t think evaluating the top QBs comes down to that, for me. I don’t think Stafford is better than Rodgers and Rodgers hasn’t won SB in 10+ years. Herbert has a losing record overall as a starter and has never made the playoffs and I would still take him before Burrow. Nothing against Joe. That’s just me. 

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think evaluating the top QBs comes down to that, for me. I don’t think Stafford is better than Rodgers and Rodgers hasn’t won SB in 10+ years. Herbert has a losing record overall as a starter and has never made the playoffs and I would still take him before Burrow. Nothing against Joe. That’s just me. 

Yea I think Burrow is good. But I'd definitely take Mahomes and Allen and I think Herbert's best is better too. 

I cheered for the Rams so I wouldn’t have to hear about Burrow being the next Brady all off-season.  So far it’s been minimal, but there’s always one.

The AFC is stacked w good young QBs, pick your flavor.  Burrow is in the conversation, but there are more dynamic guys, depends on what you like.

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Here we go. I might say 3rd or 4th. 

This kind of thing is exactly why I don't pay attention to GMFB and in particular Pete Schrager.  They're all "hot air and hot takes".

But Joe Burrows would agree with him:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/11/joe-burrow-im-chasing-aaron-rodgers-to-be-the-best-quarterback-in-the-nfl/

Says he's chasing Aaron Rodgers to be the best QB in the NFL, with a shout-out to Pat Mahomes and Tom Brady.

If Aaron Rodgers is the only guy ahead of him, then I guess he thinks he's the top QB in the AFC 🙄

I dunno, I may just be jaded, but I was under-impressed by what I saw from Burrows in the Superbowl.  I don't go with the guys who claim he didn't make one elite throw - he made a number, he's very good - but IMO he was helped by uncalled OPI (beyond the obvious Higgins face mask) and I think a lot of his sacks are on him.

We'll see next year after opposing coordinators spend all off season analyzing his film and the Bengals play-calling tendencies and cooking up a plan to stop 'em.

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

To you?  Sure.  To the media?  100%.  Early Brady was nowhere close to Manning.  His team won and the narrative became he was better.  There is an argument to be made that Stafford has always been very good.  Playing for a poor organization and 0 leadership negatively affected his career.  Aaron Rodgers walking into a contending franchise positively affected his.  

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, someone must, hence this thread 😊

You’re not correlating a thread on TSW with being thread worthy are you?  We all know that’s the furthest thing from the truth. 

but you’re right, I’m sure someone cares.  No one is an exaggeration 

this stuff is pretty random, flavor of the day stuff.   Pay no attention.   I am more convinced than ever that once your team is in the top 5 or 6, getting to and winning the SB coming out of a single elimination tournament with a 100 variables in any particular year  is pretty random and circumstantial.  \\

Just keep building a great program, win and get as much home field as you can (a primary success variable) and you'll get there. 

go bills.  trust the process. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.