Peter Schrager: Joe Burrow should now be viewed as the top QB in the AFC

YoloinOhio

On 2/18/2022 at 11:54 AM, YoloinOhio said:

If he only would replace “the” with “a” this wouldn’t be absurd. But he went there. 

And chiefs fans are the ones having a cow. 

So true  

But then …. 

Mediots (media idiots)

Last season Lamar was thought to be a top 10 QB and Matthew Stafford maybe top 15. 

On 2/18/2022 at 12:03 PM, TheFunPolice said:

In no particular order, I would rank these AFC QBs ahead of Burrow:

Allen

Mahomes

Jackson

Herbert 

😂 

uh no

Lamar can make some QB plays. 

that doesn’t mean he’s a real QB

Flacco won games in B-more

Trent Dilfer won games in B-more

On 2/16/2022 at 8:11 AM, CincyBillsFan said:

This.  Burrow is a lot better then some folks on 2BD think but Allen & Mahomes are at a different level IMO.

The Bengals had a classic NFL Cinderella run this season - good for them.  But this guy is way overrating a Super Bowl appearance in putting Burrow ahead of Mahomes & Allen.

Agreed.  SB appearances are team accomplishments, only stupid media pundits like to give all the credit or blame to a QB.  

Burrow is a nice up and coming QB, so not trying to take anything away from him.  But he is without a doubt the worst of these big 4 QB's of Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, and Burrow.  And there is still Lamar to enter into this conversation of best QB's in the AFCE.

Time will tell if he leap frogs anyone, but right now the other 3 are all better, and Mahomes and Allen are significantly better.  Burrow throws a lot of prayer balls that his receivers bail him out on.  Nothing wrong with that, but he isn't carving up defenses the way Mahomes and Allen can...at least not yet.  

PS:  There is another AFC QB that is also better than Burrow...and his name is Watson.  So not only is Burrow NOT the best QB in the AFC, he may not even be in the top 5 when you add in Watson and Lamar too.  Personally I would rank them:

1 Allen - no issue with Mahomes being 1 and Allen 2, but I think Allen can do everything Mahomes can and a little more

2 Mahomes - See note above

3 Watson - Easily #3 IMHO outside of the off field stuff, and he will be back on the field I expect this year for someone

4 Herbert - I think he is firmly entrenched himself ahead of the guys below him.  

5 Lamar - I cant put Burrow ahead of Lamar yet given how much Lamar has produced with pretty weak supporting cast around him.  Admittedly I would probably draft Burrow ahead of Lamar just because I am not sold on the sustainability of Lamars style of play.  

6 Burrow - Up and coming for sure, but he hasn't become better than the 5 guys ahead of him...yet.  He could leap frog some of them as time goes on though.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.