• Gardner Minshew
    • Mike Glennon
    • Geno Smith
    • Trevor Siemian
    • Dwayne Haskins
    • Kyle Allen
    • Jake Fromm
    • Other

I would look into Jacoby Brissett.  It seems his dream of being a starter is over and his best future is a long term backup.

With the QB staff the Bills now have I think his game could improve.

He played for the Dolphins at $5M last year but probably now can be had for a lot less than that.

If he performs well as a backup and being only 30 next year he could be around for a while.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I don't think he's going to be available and I know I'll get crucified for this...but bring me Minshew. 

I voted "Other".  If the Bills are going to spend significant $$ on a QB2, I'd go with Minshew.   I think Fitz will retire, but he's the only one from the list I'd be happy with. Guys like Minshew or Fitzpatrick or Taylor may lack physical talent but they've hung around the league for as long as they have because they know how to play QB.    Darnold would be my last choice.  I can't figure out the love fans have for these failed first rounders like him or Mariota.   Failed first rounders just don't seem to be able to learn the game; maybe it's because they have so much physical talent, they don't work as hard as guys who know they're lucky to have a spot even on the practice squad.  Ex-starting QBs who are past their primes like Dalton and Flacco are too expensive IMO for their current limited skill sets.

35 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Someone cheap. We don’t have much money to spend and the only QB who matters is 17

Agree.  I'd look for a QB who was a mid/late round draft pick that has been around the league a bit.  Someone like Tyler Huntley of the Ravens.   I'm sure there are numerous similar guys around the league. 

Use the $$ saved towards improving the interior of the OL or adding a veteran RB who can block and catch the ball out of the backfield.

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Fitzpatrick. There is no 'backup' for Josh Allen. If he goes down, the season is lost. Fitzpatrick is an awesome guy and if we win a Superbowl, I can't think of another player I'd rather have get a ring sitting on the bench with the Bills.

Plus, Fitzy could keep the Bills on track should it be an injury Josh can come back from during the season. I mean, Mitch is ideal, but no way does he stay....

• Like (+1) 1

I'd go with the following:

1) Trubisky

2) Mariota

3) Fitzpatrick

4) Darnold

I "like" Fitz the best in terms of cultural fit, but he's up there in years and has the physical limtations that we all know about.  Mitch and Mariota are kind of like "a poor man's" Josh Allen - same type of skill set, just not as good.  Finally, I think that Darnold is good enough to win a game or two if Josh went down.  If Josh went down with a season ending injury, Darnold isn't going to get the job done, but then, none of these other guys are likely to do it either.  Mitch would have the best chance.  Brissette would also be adequate and Minshew, who someone mentioned above, would be a good backup too, but he wasn't an option.

Edited by msw2112
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Picked Fitzpatrick because the question is who do I want

My head tells me Dalton or Winston would be great gets though. Both have had success in the league. Same with Mariota to a lesser extent. 

Darnold makes a lot of sense especially w/ his Allen friendship and the hiring of his QB coach Joe Brady, but if my reading of Spotrac is correct his dead cap hit of $18M+ would make it tricky or impossible. 

Edit: Did not say Trubisky because I believe he goes somewhere for a chance to start. 

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Trubisky for continuity

Honorable mention: Fitzy for obvious nostalgic and culture reasons.

Only if we can purge Fitz of the dark magic curse causing the starter to be injured. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.