• Mike Glennon
    • Geno Smith
    • Trevor Siemian
    • Dwayne Haskins
    • Kyle Allen
    • Jake Fromm
    • Other

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

If Sam Darnold was outright cut and was cheap I think Beane would jump at getting him.  He was the #1 QB on their board

No he wasn't, Josh was.  The order from the pre draft photo taken from inside the Bills offices released to WGR was: Allen, Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, Rudolph & Lauletta.  

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I don't think he's going to be available and I know I'll get crucified for this...but bring me Minshew. 

This right here ^^^

or Fitz…, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Picked Fitzpatrick because the question is who do I want

My head tells me Dalton or Winston would be great gets though. Both have had success in the league. Same with Mariota to a lesser extent. 

Darnold makes a lot of sense especially w/ his Allen friendship and the hiring of his QB coach Joe Brady, but if my reading of Spotrac is correct his dead cap hit of $18M+ would make it tricky or impossible. 

Edit: Did not say Trubisky because I believe he goes somewhere for a chance to start. 

I share your sentiments darn near to the tee, as I too would have Trubisky as my 1st choice simply because he knows the system, has the tools, and we wouldn't miss a beat.  But literally Dalton and Winston IMO would be outstanding pickups as QB2(i would lean a little more towards Winston just because Dalton is getting a little longer in the tooth, plus I believe Winston is as physically gifted as any QB on the list, and if he can limit his int's like he did this past season in the limited time he saw, I'd be gung ho for the pickup).  Fitzy because we all love him, and I would say yes to Darnold because he's just gotten a raw deal and no continuity.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

No he wasn't, Josh was.  The order from the pre draft photo taken from inside the Bills offices released to WGR was: Allen, Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, Rudolph & Lauletta.  

You are sighting a previously debunked rumor that started on Reddit. Darnold was #1 for the Bills and Josh was #2 and a more likely option as pretty much everyone thought Darnold would go #1. Giants and Jets both had Darnold 1st too but Giants had Barkley and Chubb 1 and 2 and felt like Barkley was a hall of famer and couldn't be passed up. At the time Beane said he wouldn't get into the draft board but that Josh was one of their top guys. If he was #1 don't you think he would say we got our #1 player on the board? We all praise Beane for being a genius now but he would have gone with Darnold if he was there. The entire NFL would have

16 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

You are sighting a previously debunked rumor that started on Reddit. Darnold was #1 for the Bills and Josh was #2 and a more likely option as pretty much everyone thought Darnold would go #1. Giants and Jets both had Darnold 1st too but Giants had Barkley and Chubb 1 and 2 and felt like Barkley was a hall of famer and couldn't be passed up. At the time Beane said he wouldn't get into the draft board but that Josh was one of their top guys. If he was #1 don't you think he would say we got our #1 player on the board? We all praise Beane for being a genius now but he would have gone with Darnold if he was there. The entire NFL would have

Is yours confirmed? I'd like to see the link on this.

I doubt you will be able to produce anything, but I'm willing to learn if you can.

And no, I don't think Beane would necessarily say that Allen was the #1 player on our board. Sometimes he says that kind of thing, and other times he doesn't. What you've got there, so far, is a pure guess.

Edited by Thurman#1

I voted for the best fit and to me that’s Mariota.  From a realistic standpoint, MT or Fitz.  I’d also be ok with Bortles honestly, he’s as close to Allen as you are going to get, unfortunately it’s more like rookie Allen on an off day, but such is life.  Winston should get a crack at starting again, so don’t see that happening and unfortunately Minshew is honestly too good to be a back up so he will probably either ruffle feathers in Philly or get traded to somebody that will start him. 

I choose other just bring back Barkley . He’ll be cheap and has played well in limited action for us. 

i would of chosen Fitz but that guy always finds his way on the field and I don’t want to see him on the field. Basically what I mean is I think he curses the starting QB and finds his way into action for that team. Just look at all the teams he backed up for all the QBs got hurt from Rams to Bengals to Tenn or Mia all the starters got hurt and he was forced to play . Lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.