Brian Daboll hired to be Head Coach of NY Giants

Draconator

18 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

If you talked to Brain Daboll just previous to the 2018 season starting...he was very high on Nathan Peterman.

That 2018 Ravens team destroyed the Bills QB's and their OC had no answers. A 47-3 loss and Bills QB's running for their lives...literally.

Nathan Peterman 5 of 18 for 24 yards, 2 INT, 3x sacks all in 2 1/2 quarters of that opener.

Josh Allen entered the game in the 3rd quarter with 11:22 to go. 5 of 15 for 74 yards, 3x sacks. 

The Buffalo drives in that game, Punt, Punt, Punt, Punt, Missed FG, INT, Punt, end of half, Downs, INT, Punt, FG, Punt, Punt, end of game. 

That missed FG in the first half by Buffalo was setup by a fumble forced by Edmunds at the Baltimore 35. From there it went, penalty, incomplete, one yard run, sacked -5 yards. 

The Buffalo Bills finished that 2018 season 6-10 and mostly because rookie QB Josh Allen emerged as a decent running QB that was able to survive a very bad offensive line. Allen being the leading rusher on that years team that season. 

If Daboll is left to his own devices and doesn't hire some really good assistants... he will fail quickly in NY. His jobs life expectancy is so dependent on who he hires to support him.

What I’ve been saying Daboll is not Bill Walsh his entire offensive track record without Allen is really really bad. Josh made him a ton of money because he’s got generational skills. I wish Brian well but he needs a really really good staff around him or he will be back coaching the patriots wrs or something in 3 years 

37 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Here's your Daboll fix....

And I thought the Bills made lame promotional videos.  At least there's no migraine inducing music.

21 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Daniel Jones had bad coaching... It's hard to look good with bad coaching 

Could have something to do with the parsimonious portions of grub they dish out in the cafeteria.  When the previous GM is more concerned about that as opposed to building a viable organization, there's trouble in River City.

The question is: why do you care so much?  Great for Daboll that he loves Daniel Jones.  It doesn't mean anything unless/until he fixes Jones' problems upstairs.  And neither of them are Bills (anymore).

Edited by Doc

57 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Suit looks like it is about to bust out at the seams!

Nothing against him personally, but Jesus Brian, find a taylor. And switch over to Italian cut suits, that Saville Row style British cut is great if you're 6'2", 160 soaking wet, and drive a horse instead of a custom Ford Super Duty.

If I was making a million a year, you're damn right I'd show up in bespoke tailoring on my first day.  Dude looks like he's wearing a tie and a hefty bag.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Daboll taking it to the NY press. Guy asks a question in the back of the room, Daboll responds "you just walk in here late?" Reporter says he got there as fast as he could in traffic... To which Daboll replies, "Making excuses already? I'm going to remember that!"

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Daboll improved after moving from the sidelines to the booth.

Anyone think returning to the sidelines will have a negative impact on his play calling? I certainly do.

I think that's why he really wants Dorsey to come with him. He'll need an OC that he really trusts to see the same things as him coverage wise in the booth to help diagnosing coverages.

23 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

I think that's why he really wants Dorsey to come with him. He'll need an OC that he really trusts to see the same things as him coverage wise in the booth to help diagnosing coverages.

Would be interested if his comment about the OC would deter anyone from taking the job. 

When asked about who would call the offense him or the OC he said that depends on who he hires.

48 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Daboll taking it to the NY press. Guy asks a question in the back of the room, Daboll responds "you just walk in here late?" Reporter says he got there as fast as he could in traffic... To which Daboll replies, "Making excuses already? I'm going to remember that!"

Was it Sullivan? 🤔

Watched most of the Daboll PC (when the feed wasn't breaking up...nice job Giants).  I like Daboll but I'm still not sure he's cut out for a HC job.  I'll give him credit, though...he stayed far, far away from any sort of predictions or timelines, and the NY media and fans will hate that.  Dabes was all "it's a process" and "we've gotta crawl before we walk" throughout the whole thing.  All of the NY hacks were like "when will you turn this around" and he was having none of it.

It's one thing to bring that mentality to Buffalo...the NYC media market is a whole other animal.  Daboll even got a question about whether Cinci going from 2 wins to 4 wins to Super Bowl puts any increased pressure on him to turn things around immediately.  I almost felt bad for the guy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.