Has the NFL season ended for anyone else?

billsintaiwan

When I was a younger man, I was a sports fan.  Now I'm just a Bills fan.  I don't watch baseball, basketball, hockey, et al, at all anymore.  Once in a while, I might watch an NFL game that doesn't involve the Bills but that's rare.  But I watch each and every Bills game.  

I might watch the Super Bowl this year.  Then again, I might not because it'll irritate me the Bills aren't playing.

Since I started meditating years ago, Bills losses don't linger with me like they used to.  I've gotten better at letting things go.  

It's kind of weird, when you think about it, to get so emotionally invested in a bunch of kids playing a game.  Yet I imagine I'll be a Bills fan until I die.  I just hope we win a Super Bowl before then.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

When I was a younger man, I was a sports fan.  Now I'm just a Bills fan.  I don't watch baseball, basketball, hockey, et al, at all anymore.  Once in a while, I might watch an NFL game that doesn't involve the Bills but that's rare.  But I watch each and every Bills game.  

I might watch the Super Bowl this year.  Then again, I might not because it'll irritate me the Bills aren't playing.

Since I started meditating years ago, Bills losses don't linger with me like they used to.  I've gotten better at letting things go.  

It's kind of weird, when you think about it, to get so emotionally invested in a bunch of kids playing a game.  Yet I imagine I'll be a Bills fan until I die.  I just hope we win a Super Bowl before then.  

I'm the same as you minus the meditation.  For me my hobby is woodworking. 

• Like (+1) 2

I’m too big a fan of football to not be interested in what happens next.  Sure, KC is going to demolish the Bengals.  Burrow might get sacked more than last week.  But the Rams vs the 49ers is a fascinating matchup.  Shanny is the better coach, but McVay has better players, including a big advantage at QB.  Xs and Os vs Jimmys and Joes.  Same offensive roots in the wide zone, boot leg scheme, but they have gone in different directions with that. 

I'm done with the emotional part of rooting for any team. I could care less who wins now. It's Buffalo or nothing.  

Now it's about rooting for players to win money.  Playing Fan Duel and making a few bets gives me some rooting interest in what's left of the season.  My Fantasy Teams went #1, #2 and #3 this year across 3 leagues, but that's over.

The sucky part of betting now is that I don't follow the other teams close enough to know who the sleepers may be.  Betting on Buffalo players, it was easy to grab Breida on his streak, Knox, McKenzie and other unknown talents on a national level and win money. But now, trying to dissect who's going to step up out of nowhere and score make the bets a little harder. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Unless the Bengals beat KC, which I doubt, I’m done.

I won’t watch the Super Bowl for the first time  since Oakland Phily in 1981.

I’m destroyed by this loss!

Pretty much feel the same way , hard to read  anything about  it.. and only read about it on here.. cant watch anything. will probably watch the games, but very apathetically 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

The season always ends for me when the Bills are eliminated from the playoffs. It didn't in my younger years; however, these days I simply enjoy my sports team, and when they are done for the season, I have no more interest. I would rather spend my time more productively.

I’m in the same boat. I have a travel flag football team that I coach…..that’ll keep me busy in the off-season.

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Watch zero sports related content this week.  

Likely won’t watch the Championship Games. 

Will probably watch the Super Bowl though.  

Two weeks is enough to remove the sting, I hope.  One week is not.   I didn’t watch the Chiefs/Texans game after we lost to Houston either.  

This one is 100x worse given we should have won if not for our coaches, but I do think enough time will subside between now and 2 Sundays from now. 

I do this after a loss. No social media, sports shows or message boards till the next game. Now that the season is over I’ll probably watch the super bowl and come back when free agency starts.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.