With the 25th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Mark Vader

Whatever we do in the offseason  both in the draft and FA, it has to be done with the thinking of will it help us beat KC in the playoffs. That means we may take our lumps in the regular season against big physical teams who run the ball.

But we clearly need to add more speed and a playmaker or two on defense to beat Mahomes in the playoffs. Having Tre would've been huge last night.

On offense I don't think we need too much, maybe an interior OL and a WR with Sanders and possibly Beasley or McKenzie leaving.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

32 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Bean needs to stop targeting positions.  It failed last two years with zero impact DE's on the roster.  We need an impact player that can change the game at a meaningful time in the front 7.  

Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t you targeting a position?

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Trevor Penning, Offensive Tackle, Northern Iowa. 

Andrew Booth, Cornerback, Clemson

Chris Olave, Wide Receiver, Ohio State

I'm good with any of those. 

What’s the story on Olave? He doesn’t appear to have stats worthy of going in the first round but that seems to be where he is ranked. 

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think it is possible if people over draft those quarterbacks like they always do. If GMs use their brains, there is no chance. If they overdraft crap quarterbacks, that will push talent down the board. But if I were a betting man, I think he goes to the Eagles with one of those three!! picks in that 10-20 range

👍🏻 

5 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

What’s the story on Olave? He doesn’t appear to have stats worthy of going in the first round but that seems to be where he is ranked. 

So I'm not sure if he is a true #1 grade but at pick 25 you ain't getting a true #1 grade guy, they are likely to be gone. If I am picking from that next tier give me a receiver who can fly. If he runs in the 4.3s as some expect then I'm on board. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

37 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

In order to get to Mahomes, first you have to beat other teams. Focus all your energy into beating one team and 30 others can pass you by.

We have the Mahomes beater on the team already. His name is Allen. They just need to let him do his thing the WHOLE game.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, GunnerBill said:

So I'm not sure if he is a true #1 grade but at pick 25 you ain't getting a true #1 grade guy, they are likely to be gone. If I am picking from that next tier give me a receiver who can fly. If he runs in the 4.3s as some expect then I'm on board. 

Yeah we need speed. Jahan Dotson from PSU is another intriguing option that could fall into that slot. I’d love either him or Olave. 

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

We have the Mahomes beater on the team already. His name is Allen. They just need to let him do his thing the WHOLE game.

It was brutal that one series where we got the ball almost in KC territory and we handed off to Singletary 3 straight times. That’s not what got us there and they took the ball out of 17s hands. Inexcusable. 

• Agree 6

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

It was brutal that one series where we got the ball almost in KC territory and we handed off to Singletary 3 straight times. That’s not what got us there and they took the ball out of 17s hands. Inexcusable. 

i think it was worse than that.... I think it was flat route to Reggie Gilliam, Singletary run, Singletary run and on the 3rd down run he got knocked back so that 4th down wasn't even a consideration. Brutal. 

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The thing about it is all of the top AFC teams are all kind of the same. If your aiming to beat the Chiefs, the same recipe is going to apply to the Chargers and Bengals as well. The only physical team that seems to have our number in the AFC is Indy 

And the Titans. It is like the AFC South is zigging while the rest of the AFC is zagging.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

i think it was worse than that.... I think it was flat route to Reggie Gilliam, Singletary run, Singletary run and on the 3rd down run he got knocked back so that 4th down wasn't even a consideration. Brutal. 

Yes. Good point. Those 2 series were awful. Just make no sense whatsoever. I know the run game came a long way, but they almost expected that to continue even though it was evident early on that this was gonna have to be the Josh Allen show. Two wasted series. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Who?

Asking the tough questions!

No one in mind yet, but players become available during the off-season. I need to do more research on scheme fit. 

I would think we could make a deal with a team that has cap issues/is rebuilding, a player whose contract is up after next season, or both. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Asking the tough questions!

No one in mind yet, but players become available during the off-season. I need to do more research on scheme fit. 

I would think we could make a deal with a team that has cap issues/is rebuilding, a player whose contract is up after next season, or both. 

The list of premier pass rushers is a small one and those guys rarely become available. And when they do it’s not cheap. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

.....to trade up a bit if Jordan Davis is there at 20ish.

Also, the Chiefs quietly ran for over 180 yards last night. CEH gashed that line in almost every touch ripping off hige chunks. Run defense is still something to improve.

it was a gimme with the scheme. Played scared of the big play all night instead of attacking. And still got gashed for big plays.

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Don’t care. This team is capable of winning a Super Bowl now. Draft is way down this list of importance. I know after 15-20 years it’s a tough habit to snap but all that matters is coaching staff and FA. 

lol wut?

The draft is where you find premier talent for cheap.

it matters very much. missing on a first rd pick is still terrible for this team. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

.....to trade up a bit if Jordan Davis is there at 20ish.

Also, the Chiefs quietly ran for over 180 yards last night. CEH gashed that line in almost every touch ripping off hige chunks. Run defense is still something to improve.

You're not wrong, but as long as Kelce, Hill and Mahomes is there the Bills will always give up rushing yards to keep the pass game under wraps.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.