Great game from KC fan

reroka

Good morning all,

Much respect on that game, you all have a great team and a great QB. The future games between these two are going to be epic.

I hope and pray you all are back here next year, and pray that your team stays healthy. Again great game guys, much respect.

• Like (+1) 19
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 28

Just now, Steptide said:

It was a great game, but you as a kc fan have had the last 2 years in the super bowl, and most likely this year again. I appreciate you being a classy kc fan, but you can't imagine the pain us bills fans are in today. Good luck the rest of the way. 

You are right, I do not know your pain as this is the 4 straight AFCCG at arrowhead. I will always root for the bills when the play anyone but the Chiefs.

I know for sure we will see this game again next year. The Bills time is coming, I know it is. Allen is a great QB and if we did not have Mahomes I would be begging to trade for allen.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Going to an opponent's message board and saying "Great Game" after a very emotional loss will never sit well with me.  I hope you guys lose to Cincy.

I am sorry you feel that way, i did not come here to fight.

If the Chiefs lost I would be root for the bills to win but not everyone is like that.

again much respect and a great season and please be safe.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

It was a great game, but you as a kc fan have had the last 2 years in the super bowl, and most likely this year again. I appreciate you being a classy kc fan, but you can't imagine the pain us bills fans are in today. Good luck the rest of the way. 

When Buffalo scored with 13 seconds and I thought the game was over, I wasn’t even that upset.  It was the first time I’ve ever felt genuinely happy for the other team and their fans, and I was prepared to pull for Buffalo the rest of the way.  Obviously I’m glad it didn’t end there, but I will be happy for Buffalo when you inevitability win a Lombardi.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, reroka said:

The Bills time is coming, I know it is.

Bills fans have said this before.  

LOL, but this thread does remind me of a line from Gran Torino.

Walt Kowalski:  "No we don't have any jumper cables.  Have some respect, we're mourning in here"!

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Billl said:

When Buffalo scored with 13 seconds and I thought the game was over, I wasn’t even that upset.  It was the first time I’ve ever felt genuinely happy for the other team and their fans, and I was prepared to pull for Buffalo the rest of the way.  Obviously I’m glad it didn’t end there, but I will be happy for Buffalo when you inevitability win a Lombardi.

Great.  I feel so much better now.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, reroka said:

I am sorry you feel that way, i did not come here to fight.

If the Chiefs lost I would be root for the bills to win but not everyone is like that.

again much respect and a great season and please be safe.

Don’t worry about it, you did nothing wrong.  Was maybe the best playoff game in decades, possibly ever, and someone had to lose.  It is what it is.  Congrats on the win, two best QBs in the NFL were on the field last night.  

I leave that game confident in the fact that Allens time is coming and coming soon.  Which is more than we have had for 20+ year stretch.  

That loss stings and sucks, but we are built to be around a while, and with Allen only 25 we have a lot to look forward to.

Mr fiancé is a Niners fan, so now I have to root for them.  I told her going from rooting from Allen to Jimmy G is like trading in your Ferrari for a used Honda stick shift with a bad clutch that slips.  She agreed haha.   

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Much appreciated but it hurts and, with our history, it feels like neutrals have far more faith in a possible SB win than we do (other than some optimists). 0-6 in one score games and to throw away a match with 13 seconds to go... we did not have Mahomes' number and that will continue to cost us moving forward.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, reroka said:

You are right, I do not know your pain as this is the 4 straight AFCCG at arrowhead. I will always root for the bills when the play anyone but the Chiefs.

I know for sure we will see this game again next year. The Bills time is coming, I know it is. Allen is a great QB and if we did not have Mahomes I would be begging to trade for allen.

Thanks for being classy. Lots of Chiefs fans are awful arrogant. Classy fans like you always welcome in my book.

• Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, reroka said:

Good morning all,

Much respect on that game, you all have a great team and a great QB. The future games between these two are going to be epic.

I hope and pray you all are back here next year, and pray that your team stays healthy. Again great game guys, much respect.

Thank you, we appreciate it. Good luck the rest of the way

• Like (+1) 1

I live in KC now and this is what I've heard from my Chief friends:

The greatest game I've ever watched.

You should be proud of your team.  They played their hearts out.

It came down to a coin toss, just like it did for us against the Patriots a few years ago.  The overtime rules suck.

The Super Bowl should be a three game series between the Chiefs and the Bills.  They're the best two teams.  

Allen is a stud.  So is Gabriel Davis.  

One of the greatest quarterback duels of all time.

The game could have gone either way. 

The team with the ball last was going to win.

Kelce should have been called for unsportsmanlike conduct.

You guys will be back in the playoffs next year.  And you'll get a Super Bowl win before Allen retires.

None of the Chief fans I know gloated.  They've all been pretty gracious in victory so far.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, mannc said:

Anyone think the Chiefs aren’t winning it all this year?

I hope they do - in a rout - so we can feel a little better about losing to the eventual champions in a coin-toss game.  

Also, Chief fans strike me as classier than some other fan bases.   And I think it was cool Mahomes left his celebrating teammates to give Allen a hug.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, reroka said:

I am bowing out of this.

I did not mean to cause a stir. My apologies. 

Good luck, maybe I will come back in a week or so to talk some football.

I actually hope Mahomes gets another title I have no qualms with him he is awesome. Also in strange way I feel better knowing we lost to the champs so don't F it up lol

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

It came down to a coin toss, just like it did for us against the Patriots a few years ago.  The overtime rules suck.

The Super Bowl should be a three game series between the Chiefs and the Bills.  They're the best two teams.  

You guys will be back in the playoffs next year.  And you'll get a Super Bowl win before Allen retires.

None of the Chief fans I know gloated.  They've all been pretty gracious in victory so far.

The trouble is it's nice to hear but it makes it worse. Yes, we were great at times, so what? We're still in the same place as 28 other teams - out. If we were blown out the end result would have been the same. At the moment the platitudes feel empty.

@reroka - don't take people's reactions to heart and thank you evry much for your post. It just hurts, and hurts badly at the moment. It may take winning a SB for the feeling to completely ever go away (though obvious time will dull it).

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, reroka said:

I am bowing out of this.

Hey, thanks for stopping by, You got one hell of a team! Good luck next week.👍🏻

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, reroka said:

Good morning all,

Thanks for coming by.  It was an unbelievable game. 

Good luck to you and the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, reroka said:

Good morning all,

Good luck and have fun watching.  I have always kind of liked KC since the early 90s, they were always my Tecmo Super Bowl team, but right now its difficult because both teams are fighting at the top.  At least the teams played in what is already considered one of the greatest playoff games of all time.  Sick and tired of being on the losing end of stuff like this though.  Hopefully the Bills get their time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

What's the unsportsmanlike conduct that shoulda been called? 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

My fiancé is a Niners fan, so now I have to root for them.  I told her going from rooting from Allen to Jimmy G is like trading in your Ferrari for a used Honda stick shift with a bad clutch that slips.  She agreed haha.   

That's classic!!!

3 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

.  I have always kind of liked KC since the early 90s, 

For me, I've like them since Super Bowl I.  Granted, they beat the Bills to get there, but I so wanted the AFL to beat the NFL.   It didn't happen, but they got job done in Super Bowl IV.  

Chiefs and Chief fans are among the good guys around the league.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Great game! That game was like child birth one of the best and worst things I’ve ever seen rolled up into one nice little video!! 😂 hope we play again next year! IN BUFFALO!! I would never dis Pat but I’d like to see him play in Buffalo with fans, oh I don’t know…..ever!!! Hate to say to a chiefs fan but I’m going to be pulling for the bengals big time!! 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Football said:

Great game! That game was like child birth one of the best and worst things I’ve ever seen rolled up into one nice little video!! 😂 hope we play again next year! IN BUFFALO!! I would never dis Pat but I’d like to see him play in Buffalo with fans, oh I don’t know…..ever!!! Hate to say to a chiefs fan but I’m going to be pulling for the bengals big time!! 

We all have teams that we pull for.

Should be another great game. I pray for that both teams bring their A game and both teams stay healthy for whomever wins.

1 hour ago, reroka said:

Good morning all,

I described this elsewhere, but I'll just say that in our long walk around Arrowhead post game...from our seats to our car, Chiefs fans constantly were coming up to us to say, "great game", "hell of a team", things like that.  Fist bumps, handshakes, and high fives people gave  me totaled well over 100.

Its always easier to say "good game" when you are on the winning side, but it is just as easy to say "Ha, you guys suck".

The ratio of Chiefs fans who showed respect over the few loser comments was so high it isn't worth mentioning. 

Overwhelmingly, people realized they had just witnessed something historic. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, reroka said:

I am bowing out of this.

Thank you for being a good sport about this, and sorry that you have to witness the ugliness from here.

I, like many Bills fans are extremely bitter about last night, and it comes it in a very foul way.

It's not meant to be personal to you.

The thing is that Bills fans have seen this movie too many times before and it is something that we never get over. Especially since this was a playoff game, and we are going to hear the phrase "13 seconds" for the rest of our lives, and how we are on the wrong side of it. Just like "Wide Right" & the "Music City Forward Lateral", and all of the other Super Bowl losses.

The rest of this week will be very tough for some of us, because all we are going to hear about from the sports media is how the Bills blew the game.

Anyway, good luck to you the rest of the way, and we will be seeing you again next year in Arrowhead as we are scheduled to play each other there in 2022 during the regular season.

37 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I hope they do - in a rout - so we can feel a little better about losing to the eventual champions in a coin-toss game.  

Also, Chief fans strike me as classier than some other fan bases.   And I think it was cool Mahomes left his celebrating teammates to give Allen a hug.  

IIRC, Brady did the same thing to Mahomes when the Pats scored on the first OT possession in 2018…glad he’s passing it forward to Allen at least. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.