Jets HC Robert Saleh: Bills are the best team he has faced.

Greg S

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Titans: Whatever. I'll never be impressed with them, no matter what they do. 

You are in good company on this board. I spent the offseason arguing against people who were certain the Titans would fall back and miss the playoffs. Being in a division with Houston and Jacksonville helps, but they have beaten a lot of good teams and have a lot of good players. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Let’s face it without Josh this team is second/third in the AFC East 

Where would the Packers be without Rodgers or the Chiefs without Mahomes? The Pats wouldn't have come close to being a dynasty without Brady. 

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Take JA out of the equation and what are you left with?

This is the modern NFL. That argument no longer makes sense considering many teams use this as an added dimension to their offense now.

Stop fighting the urge to go back to the 70s run game and embrace it.

24 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Where would the Packers be without Rodgers or the Chiefs without Mahomes? The Pats wouldn't have come close to being a dynasty without Brady. 

Packers are loaded at almost every position, which is why it's nuts that Rodgers would want to leave there. Not only that but they're about to get a very good WR (Cobb) both starting tackles, their best OLB, and a starting corner back, and maybe their starting center. They've played most of the season without all those guys on the field at once. 

Chiefs though are very top heavy with a handful of amazing players and a lot of whoevers. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You are in good company on this board. I spent the offseason arguing against people who were certain the Titans would fall back and miss the playoffs. Being in a division with Houston and Jacksonville helps, but they have beaten a lot of good teams and have a lot of good players. 

The Titans are the team I fear the most.  

49 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

"Hi Robert, Bills fan coming to your doorstep in peace. Jets have a great future. Just want to tell you Bills fans are deluded and make fun of me on our boards. You see the Bills are actually not that good, they are just homers. Weather splits, domes, run game efficiency, play calling, slippery rubber mats, I could go on and on Bob..."

And you seem to.

21 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I think it's good for today's NFL. Line play overall is mediocre to bad league-wide. 

Nah, sorry I still can't get there. It has been bad for 3/4s of the season even by NFL standards. The last month it has got somewhere close to average, but no way is it good. 

32 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Take JA out of the equation and what are you left with?

Why in the world would you take JA out of the equation?  He is a legitimate weapon in the running game.  You're dealing with a bias towards only looking at RBs, which skews your analysis.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah, sorry I still can't get there. It has been bad for 3/4s of the season even by NFL standards. The last month it has got somewhere close to average, but no way is it good. 

That's OK, we can agree to disagree on that. I think Dawkins is starting to finally get back into form after going through a bad case of Covid, and that is also helping, as is our rookie RT getting more settled in. 

I would say the Bills OL is NFL average, maybe a touch above when everyone is healthy and in the right spots. 

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

On Monday, Saleh reflected on his first season with the Jets and touched on one interesting topic: Who is the best team he faced in his first year in charge?

His choice was the Bills.

“They all present different challenges, right? Buffalo is probably the most complete team when you look quarterback, run game, pass game, their defense is ridiculous,” Saleh said via The Michael Kay Show. “I’d probably say Buffalo. They’re complete. They’ve got everything, heck of a coaching staff. They’re sound, they’re explosive. Really, really, talented group.”

He knew that already from facing Bills last year with 49ers except RB got a bit better.

The glaring weakness on the Bills is the Oline.  Any team with a stout front four will give and has given Buffalo fits this season.  The Bills will go as far as the Bills Oline lets them.  It really is that simple.  They play well, deep playoff run, they play poorly, Josh and Motor play poorly and the run will be short.  The D will keep them in games.  Can the Oline?

Edited by wjag
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Nice compliment but the games are won on the field. The Bills have not always played up to their talent and have a couple of glaring weaknesses in their run game and stopping the run when they play bigger, physical teams. 

Quit being Homers. He’s absolutely right.  From a football standpoint OP is on the money.

that being said…

Shut Your $!&@ing mouth. Go Bills!!!!!!1C1A8F39-81BF-46AF-B3DB-5699DCEAF4D8.thumb.gif.2b866ec17d2f580c4ed49e7bb519c43b.gif

1 hour ago, BhamBillsFan said:

The run game is not a weakness! Daboll's insistence on not using the run game, is a problem. He's in love with Josh's arm and calls too many pass plays. We have a good run game and a good O line, we just need to utilize it more!

Running is for teams that don't want points and have to 'control the clock' to keep the other team from scoring points. 99% of 'electric' and  'high caliber offenses throw the ball.

50 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Packers are loaded at almost every position, which is why it's nuts that Rodgers would want to leave there. Not only that but they're about to get a very good WR (Cobb) both starting tackles, their best OLB, and a starting corner back, and maybe their starting center. They've played most of the season without all those guys on the field at once. 

Chiefs though are very top heavy with a handful of amazing players and a lot of whoevers. 

I think Aaron looks at Denver and San Fran as having just as much talent particularly Denver and says they get a QB and they are there 

10 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I think Aaron looks at Denver and San Fran as having just as much talent particularly Denver and says they get a QB and they are there 

Rodgers would be nuts to leave Green Bay right now althought they have some work on the cap to do but we all know how that works. Denver needs a new coach and if he wins a ring all problems are solved. They just have to include him more on the draft picks.

12 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Rodgers would be nuts to leave Green Bay right now althought they have some work on the cap to do but we all know how that works. Denver needs a new coach and if he wins a ring all problems are solved. They just have to include him more on the draft picks.

If the goal is to stack Super Bowls then you stay in the NFC. That's (IMO) why Brady chose the Bucs. He knew the AFC was much tougher in terms of getting to the Super Bowl, and you've got to get to them to win them, If Rodgers was even .500 in NFC title games he would have played in 3 Super Bowls already. 

NFC North is a wasteland. AFC West would be Mahomes, Herbert and even Carr/Raiders 2x a year, plus now Rodgers. That's insane!

NFC has like 3 or 4 good QBs. AFC West alone would have 4 if he went there. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

If the goal is to stack Super Bowls then you stay in the NFC. That's (IMO) why Brady chose the Bucs. He knew the AFC was much tougher in terms of getting to the Super Bowl, and you've got to get to them to win them, If Rodgers was even .500 in NFC title games he would have played in 3 Super Bowls already. 

NFC North is a wasteland. AFC West would be Mahomes, Herbert and even Carr/Raiders 2x a year, plus now Rodgers. That's insane!

NFC has like 3 or 4 good QBs. AFC West alone would have 4 if he went there. 

Very good point. 

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Just think of how Rodgers' career would be different if he had already won 3 Super Bowls and was trying to tie Joe Montana with #4 this year.

The NFC Title Game is a hurdle he just can't seem to get over. 

Last year and the one they lost to the Seahawks must still hurt. They were the better team both times. 

The 2019 one in San Fran less so. They were boatraced.

Definitely an interesting comment considering he also faced Belichink and the Pats twice and the Bucs/Brady.

McDermott is 11-1 against the division the last two years which is damn impressive and a strong indicator that leans in the Bills favor heading into this game against the Pats.

4 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Nice compliment but the games are won on the field. The Bills have not always played up to their talent and have a couple of glaring weaknesses in their run game and stopping the run when they play bigger, physical teams. 

Can't say anything great about the team without somebody like this jumping in with the "yes, but....". 

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Here’s the thing Rogers can give a wink to Elway that this is the guy I want you to hire as coach he has absolutely no say in personnel decisions in Green Bay and Aaron is at a point in his career he sees Tom Brady essentially being GM of Tampa and says I want that…he will never get that in Green Bay 

6 hours ago, HOUSE said:

This is a very smart man...

I was just going to mention how it's funny that his comments are complimentary and flattering, so comments assume Saleh must be a really intelligent, high quality guy.

Had he said we are overrated, every comment here would have attacked him personally and then made a joke about how bad the Jets are.

😂

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I was just going to mention how it's funny that his comments are complimentary and flattering, so comments assume Saleh must be a really intelligent, high quality guy.

Had he said we are overrated, every comment here would have attacked him personally and then made a joke about how bad the Jets are.

😂

yeah...i think that was kinda the joke.

8 hours ago, Greg S said:

The Pats almost did until the Giants stopped them and they had to settle for an 18-1 season.

As happy as I was in that moment, the fact Brady still has SEVEN freaking rings, yet that wasn't one of them actually bothers me 😂

People around here like to think back to the Bills vs Giants SB & wonder "How did Hostetler miraculously hold onto that ball?! If only it was a fumble recovery for a TD instead of a Safety, Bills win."

In the same way, every time I see that absolute prayer of a play from SB XLII... I think "what absolute stupid luck, wow!" Eli somehow escapes from the literal clutches of several hands, evading near-certain sacks, then chunks it up 40 yards to Tyree (a relative "no-name" guy) who catches it while completely covered WITH THE SIDE OF HIS HELMET & ONE HAND! All with like 1 min left...

And if that wasn't crazy enough, they proceed to score a TD on 4th & 11 to seal it.

I know, nobody here is going to cry for the Pats or Brady. My feelings are probably more in regards to the Giants anyway. Never liked them in the first place, always thought they were the inferior team, had direct intervention from God himself, & now they're iconic for sending a bunch of 19-0 shirts to poor kids in Africa. Blegh.

9 hours ago, Greg S said:

The Pats almost did until the Giants stopped them and they had to settle for an 18-1 season.

Nope, not even them. Really think that team was only three points better than the 8-8 Eagles that year. Only three points better than the 5-11 Ravens?

Same with the 1972 Dolphins.

Even winning every game doesn't mean you played up to your talent level every game. Was that Fins team only two points better than the 7-7 Vikes? One point better than the 4-9-1 Bills? Four points better than the 7-7 Jets?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.