Broncos are in the market for a new head coach

Pokebball

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

I truly hope that I will be wrong but he would have a much better chance if he were a younger coach,  he will be 63 next season. The trend now is to hire younger more innovative thinking coaches. I don't believe Frazier is some hot coach right now and that has nothing do if he is black or white.  The defensive coordinators that bring exotic blitzes and rack up huge sack totals usually get the most attention.

You may be right, but I only brought up color because you did. I think your comment was inappropriate and disrespectful to Frazier, a highly respected player and coach for decades in the NFL.

3 hours ago, klos63 said:

You may be right, but I only brought up color because you did. I think your comment was inappropriate and disrespectful to Frazier, a highly respected player and coach for decades in the NFL.

I think Frazier is a well respected great guy loved by his players, you also need to remember he has already failed as a HC.  Now if the Bills go on a roll and start accumulating some impressive sack totals on their way to the Super Bowl then he could become very hot commodity and in demand.  Right now he is viewed as boring and totally opposite of aggressive,  playing not to loose is not a popular thing you can sell to your fans.

Edited by Niagara Dude
spelling
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Simple. You mentioned Rodgers to Denver.

I'm trying to understand why you feel Rodgers  would leave Packers to go to Denver.

Lol…. You have very poor reading comprehension.  

where did I say that I felt Rodgers would leave the packers to go to Denver?  

Again…..this isn’t about Rodgers. It’s about Denver.  

i fully expect Denver to reach out to GB.  To Houston.  To Seattle.  To any team that has a proven good QB that might have a questionable future with their teams.  Rodgers falls in that category.  I’m not the only one to mention Rodgers leaving GB.  It’s not remiss to talk about AR possibly leaving GB.  We’ve been listening to it for 2 years now……as jordan love continues to battle CFL players for the right to be his backup.  At least he won the job this year

you love talking smack on AR and that’s ok…..but stop trying to change my posts into something that they are not.  You do it quite often.  

9 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Trubisky could be a bridge option for Daboll in that scenario.  Trubisky would get a chance to show teams that he’s developed under much better circumstances than he had in Chicago.  Daboll would have a QB that knows his system and he would not have to throw a rookie QB into the fire or worry about getting a different vet bridge up to speed.  

Yeah, this would be amazing…..for every afc team.  

I feel that if daboll and Trubisky are the broncos first option, they aren’t trying hard enough 

1 hour ago, BrooklynBills said:

The big rumor is that they really like Dan Quinn for that job.

I'll take Mike Munchak off the that staff if he comes free though!

I'm not sure why Quinn is getting so much attention. He's an excellent D coordinator, but he had plenty of talent in ATL and couldn't make it happen.

Not sure why it's different somewhere new. The Super Bowl year Shanahan was the reason mainly because of his offense. 

Never know though.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol…. You have very poor reading comprehension.  

where did I say that I felt Rodgers would leave the packers to go to Denver?  

Again…..this isn’t about Rodgers. It’s about Denver.  

i fully expect Denver to reach out to GB.  To Houston.  To Seattle.  To any team that has a proven good QB that might have a questionable future with their teams.  Rodgers falls in that category.  I’m not the only one to mention Rodgers leaving GB.  It’s not remiss to talk about AR possibly leaving GB.  We’ve been listening to it for 2 years now……as jordan love continues to battle CFL players for the right to be his backup.  At least he won the job this year

you love talking smack on AR and that’s ok…..but stop trying to change my posts into something that they are not.  You do it quite often.  

Ok.  You don't think Rodgers would go to Denver if his goal is to compete for a SB.  

We agree on that.

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hope you’re right, but I think Denver is gonna try pull another manning out of the hat.  The talent on the team is there to compete for a SB with Wilson, Rodgers or Watson.  Maybe even cousins.  No…. Not cousins.

I have a feeling Elway has already talked to Rodgers. I think that's why he extended a wr when they don't have a qb to throw to him this year, keeping enticing weapons in denver to make rodgers happy. And football aside If there's a city Rodgers would want to live in it's denver.

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

you put an elite QB on that team and Fangio is coach of the year. 

Admittedly, I don’t watch a lot of Broncos football. But Drew Lock didn’t look all that terrible. He’s got a good arm, good feet, and he seems to understand to take what the defense gives him. There’s a bunch of talent on that O-line and they have weapons. 

They have bad coaches. No plan to develop the QB they drafted, and no faith in him. I’m not saying that Lock is a Championship level QB, but he’s not the biggest issue on that team. 

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Admittedly, I don’t watch a lot of Broncos football. But Drew Lock didn’t look all that terrible. He’s got a good arm, good feet, and he seems to understand to take what the defense gives him. There’s a bunch of talent on that O-line and they have weapons. 

They have bad coaches. No plan to develop the QB they drafted, and no faith in him. I’m not saying that Lock is a Championship level QB, but he’s not the biggest issue on that team. 

Drew lock is bad. Really really bad.

The chiefs played some pathetic defense last night.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

you put an elite QB on that team and Fangio is coach of the year. 

I don’t think so.  I know they kept saying that, but Fangio had chances to be better, but he was terrible with in-game decisions.  Case in point the field goal at the end.  

I think even with Rodgers - he alone costs them 3-4 games with his decisions.

He is a fabulous DC and from everything said a great guy, but from the games I saw over his 3 years - he should not be a head coach.

I expect them to look at GB (Hackett) to try and entice Rodgers.

Edited by Rochesterfan

20 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I have a feeling Elway has already talked to Rodgers. I think that's why he extended a wr when they don't have a qb to throw to him this year, keeping enticing weapons in denver to make rodgers happy. And football aside If there's a city Rodgers would want to live in it's denver.

Could be

35 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I think Frazier is a well respected great guy loved by his players, you also need to remember he has already failed as a HC.  Now if the Bills go on a roll and start accumulating some impressive sack totasl on their way to the Super Bowl then he could become very hot commodity and in demand.  Right now he is viewed as boring and totally opposite of aggressive,  playing not loose is not a popular thing you can sell to your fans.

Maybe you view him as boring, but he's successful, once again coaching a top defense and getting results, which is what is most important.

He was a HC for 3 full seasons, went from 3-13 to 10-6 and a playoff berth then back down out of the playoffs year 3. I wouldn't say he failed. He also made the playoffs with Christian Ponder as his QB, and got fired the year after Ponder, Matt Cassell and Josh Freeman were his QB's. Seems like the GM failed more than Frazier

Obviously, I'm a Frazier fan, have been since his days with the Vikings. He's a damn good coach.

Edited by klos63

48 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I truly hope that I will be wrong but he would have a much better chance if he were a younger coach,  he will be 63 next season. The trend now is to hire younger more innovative thinking coaches. I don't believe Frazier is some hot coach right now and that has nothing do if he is black or white.  The defensive coordinators that bring exotic blitzes and rack up huge sack totals usually get the most attention.

I also think it’s not black or white issue with LF. He’s older, not an electric personality, and is DC for a very D centric head coach. But my guess is he interviews well as he’s a thoughtful bright guy with a super resume. SB player, HC, DC. I think if he gets three interviews he gets one. Ageism is his biggest obstacle. 

34 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

So your saying that Elway has tampered with Rodgers and is making roster decisions at WR based on these conversations. Ok I’m sure Elway is not doing that. 

35 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I'm not sure why Quinn is getting so much attention. He's an excellent D coordinator, but he had plenty of talent in ATL and couldn't make it happen.

Not sure why it's different somewhere new. The Super Bowl year Shanahan was the reason mainly because of his offense. 

Never know though.

Some teams are going to be interested in defensive-minded coaches, and some will be interested in more experienced coaches, and he checks both of those boxes in a way that most of the available options do not. As a DC, his defenses have been elite everywhere, including Dallas this year where they went from one of the worst defenses in the league the year before to arguably being a top 5 unit this season.

As a head coach, he has a winning record overall, including the Super Bowl runner up (with Shanahan at his side as you noted). After Shanahan left, Atlanta still managed to go 10-6 the following season, followed up by a couple 7-9 years before he was ultimately fired. I don't really think those Falcon teams were exceptionally talented either. I think Quinn's teams probably overachieved overall during his time there. And on top of that, players and front office types both just like him as a person.

It makes sense to me that he would be one of the top retread options out there this offseason.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Do you think this with all black candidates or just Frazier. This is the dumb logic we hear every year from so many fans. Immediately dismissing any interest in black candidates as 'Rooney Rule' requirements.  Do white coaches get serious consideration because owners prefer white people?

This is the true definition of “systemic racism.” It’s sad, really.

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Not sure I follow which part is systemic racism? The Rooney Rule, constant hiring of mostly white coaches? 

When fans constantly bring up the idea that minority coaches are only being interviewed because they’re black, is systemic racism. If it is true that they’re only being interviewed because of the color of their skin, then that’s systemic racism.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

When fans constantly bring up the idea that minority coaches are only being interviewed because they’re black, is systemic racism. If it is true that they’re only being interviewed because of the color of their skin, then that’s systemic racism.

Got it. Spot on, thanks

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.