Broncos are in the market for a new head coach

Pokebball

Complicated situation there with a possible  ownership change. If the Team is sold this off-season, they’d likely clean house anyway. You’d think this would prevent them from hiring one of the top tier guys. 

Fangio’s old school mentality  isn’t for everyone, but he is a victim of never having a QB. That Defense is well above average, Elway could never find and develop QB. If they get a Rodgers or Wilson this off-season, they will be a contender. 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, GymShorts84 said:

Complicated situation there with a possible  ownership change. If the Team is sold this off-season, they’d likely clean house anyway. You’d think this would prevent them from hiring one of the top tier guys. 

Fangio’s old school mentality  isn’t for everyone, but he is a victim of never having a QB. That Defense is well above average, Elway could never find and develop QB. If they get a Rodgers or Wilson this off-season, they will be a contender. 

you put an elite QB on that team and Fangio is coach of the year. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, GymShorts84 said:

KNOCK  KNOCK  KNOCK

image.thumb.jpeg.055e5bd82aae1b100786e433a751f189.jpeg
"Hello dere!"

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

If Frazier leaves, I’d have Fangio on the first flight to Buffalo as DC. 

Fangio will be Jim Harbaugh's DC in either Chicago or Vegas.

I also highly doubt Fangio takes a job where he doesn't have full autonomy over the defense, which he wouldn't have here.

Edited by BrooklynBills
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Completely different defenses.  I don’t see this as a fit.  He’s a great DC….but not a match with McD imo.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

This might be the year the Bills lose an assistant. Trubisky would fit well in Denver.  Maybe Daboll and Trubisky?

I think Dabol makes way more sense than Frazier,  I doubt Frazier is hired and only receives interviews so teams can compete requirement by NFL.   You either want a offensive coordinator coming from a pass happy offensive team that puts up huge points or a team who gets after the QB and leading the league in pressures & sacks.  This a pass happy league and no one cares about bend but don't break defences

17 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Frazier will get plenty of interviews for NFL requirement only,  I would love to see it happen because I believe the Bills would receive a 3rd round compensatory pick

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol if the broncos move for a QB is trubisky.  I expect them to go big for a current nfl qb. If they fail, might as well draft their next Maddox, Tebow, Paxton lynch or Lock

Yeah, guy's a bum. But this move has chucklehead Elway written all over it.

11 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I think Dabol makes way more sense than Frazier,  I doubt Frazier is hired and only receives interviews so teams can compete requirement by NFL.   You either want a offensive coordinator coming from a pass happy offensive team that puts up huge points or a team who gets after the QB and leading the league in pressures & sacks.  This a pass happy league and no one cares about bend but don't break defences

Frazier will get plenty of interviews for NFL requirement only,  I would love to see it happen because I believe the Bills would receive a 3rd round compensatory pick

Do you think this with all black candidates or just Frazier. This is the dumb logic we hear every year from so many fans. Immediately dismissing any interest in black candidates as 'Rooney Rule' requirements.  Do white coaches get serious consideration because owners prefer white people?

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah, guy's a bum. But this move has chucklehead Elway written all over it.

I hope you’re right, but I think Denver is gonna try pull another manning out of the hat.  The talent on the team is there to compete for a SB with Wilson, Rodgers or Watson.  Maybe even cousins.  No…. Not cousins.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I hope you’re right, but I think Denver is gonna try pull another manning out of the hat.  The talent on the team is there to compete for a SB with Wilson, Rodgers or Watson.  Maybe even cousins.  No…. Not cousins.

If Rodgers can't win a SB with the Packers, he isn't winning one with Denver and a staff to be named later.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If Rodgers can't win a SB with the Packers, he isn't winning one with Denver and a staff to be named later.

Since when does “compete for a super bowl” mean win a super bowl?  Oh yeah….  It doesn’t.  You doing what you do.  

39 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Whenever I see his mugshot I always wonder why his eyes aren't even.

14 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Yup, haha. Something weird there!

It’s an optical illusion owing to the fact his head isn’t on straight. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Since when does “compete for a super bowl” mean win a super bowl?  Oh yeah….  It doesn’t.  You doing what you do.  

You're right.

So why would he "compete for a SB" better on next year's Denver than this year's Packers?

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Agree, I also get the vibe that Rodgers isn’t particularly alienated by the Packers franchise anymore. Rodgers has moved on to other drama, and I think he’ll either retire or remain a Packer. 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

You're right.

So why would he "compete for a SB" better on next year's Denver than this year's Packers?

where did I say this? Please…..explain where you drew this conclusion from?  

This isn’t about Rodgers…..this is about Denver.  

11 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Do you think this with all black candidates or just Frazier. This is the dumb logic we hear every year from so many fans. Immediately dismissing any interest in black candidates as 'Rooney Rule' requirements.  Do white coaches get serious consideration because owners prefer white people?

I truly hope that I will be wrong but he would have a much better chance if he were a younger coach,  he will be 63 next season. The trend now is to hire younger more innovative thinking coaches. I don't believe Frazier is some hot coach right now and that has nothing do if he is black or white.  The defensive coordinators that bring exotic blitzes and rack up huge sack totals usually get the most attention.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

where did I say this? Please…..explain where you drew this conclusion from?  

This isn’t about Rodgers…..this is about Denver.  

Simple. You mentioned Rodgers to Denver.

I'm trying to understand why you feel Rodgers  would leave Packers to go to Denver.

57 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Don’t get why “hot coordinators” are the go to…..completely different job and skill set required to be a HC

Because that’s typically where new Head Coaches are found. You can’t always go with a retread. Poaching head coaches from college is not the best idea and retreads might not always be ideal. 

McD was a coordinator before being given the opportunity to take over a team. So it isn’t like the coordinator route hasn’t been proven before.

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Agree, I also get the vibe that Rodgers isn’t particularly alienated by the Packers franchise anymore. Rodgers has moved on to other drama, and I think he’ll either retire or remain a Packer. 

If he wants truly to maximize his shot at a SB, yup.

49 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol if the broncos move for a QB is trubisky.  I expect them to go big for a current nfl qb. If they fail, might as well draft their next Maddox, Tebow, Paxton lynch or Lock

Trubisky could be a bridge option for Daboll in that scenario.  Trubisky would get a chance to show teams that he’s developed under much better circumstances than he had in Chicago.  Daboll would have a QB that knows his system and he would not have to throw a rookie QB into the fire or worry about getting a different vet bridge up to speed.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.