Move Tremaine Edmunds to DE next season.

r henderson

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

No.  He is a modern day MLB.  He is an ok blitzer but not a natural pass rusher.  

This.  If you get Brian Urlacher or Luke Keuchly, great.  Just remember that you have to pay him too.  ILBs/MLBs that wander between the tackles, looking for people to kill are a thing of the past.  We didn't beat Dont'a Hightower by becoming more physical, we beat him by putting 3 WRs and Dawson Knox on the field at the same time.  Because most guard mashing, run stuffing, pocket collapsing MLBs stopped playing in the early 00's, or couldn't cover bread with peanut butter.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, r henderson said:

He has the same frame as TJ Watt. Both guys are 6’5 250ish. Also Edmunds is much more athletic than Watt. Edmunds forty time is 4.54 compared to Watts 4.69. Long arms with great get up of the edge. Played the position in high school along with TE. He only seems to get up with blockers when is 5 yards off the line of scrimmage. When he’s right on the line of scrimmage he generally handles blockers well. I believe that is his true NFL position. 

Is this like a freakin' TBD New Years Tradition or something?

Seems like we get this every freakin' season.

Edmunds is not an NFL DE.  It's not just the 40 time, it's the bend and the agility.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, r henderson said:

He has the same frame as TJ Watt. Both guys are 6’5 250ish. Also Edmunds is much more athletic than Watt. Edmunds forty time is 4.54 compared to Watts 4.69. Long arms with great get up of the edge. Played the position in high school along with TE. He only seems to get up with blockers when is 5 yards off the line of scrimmage. When he’s right on the line of scrimmage he generally handles blockers well. I believe that is his true NFL position. 

He’s the worst pass rusher in nfl history. Pretty sure Brian Moorman has a better pass rush arsenal than Edmunds does. 

4 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

His play against offensive linemen is more like that of a big safety than a MLB. The guy has Velcro on his jersey and can’t shed blocks at times. 

He even got stood up by the Pats FB when blitzing. With his speed he needs to do a better job of not getting stood up and getting off blocks. He should be using his speed to get a lot more holding calls versus just taking up space. I never see him try to make some moves to get the opposing player off balance.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

This.  If you get Brian Urlacher or Luke Keuchly, great.  Just remember that you have to pay him too.  ILBs/MLBs that wander between the tackles, looking for people to kill are a thing of the past.  We didn't beat Dont'a Hightower by becoming more physical, we beat him by putting 3 WRs and Dawson Knox on the field at the same time.  Because most guard mashing, run stuffing, pocket collapsing MLBs stopped playing in the early 00's, or couldn't cover bread with peanut butter.

Or they’re depth/package players that contribute on special teams. 

38 minutes ago, r henderson said:

I don't know if this would work.   I don't think he has the burst you need at that position.   

But I'm intrigued.   In fact, I've often thought that Rousseau is the guy on the team built most like Edmunds.   Imagine them on either end.  If they play their gaps properly, nobody's running outside on the Bills. 

Anyway, I doubt it will happen. 

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I don't know if this would work.   I don't think he has the burst you need at that position.   

But I'm intrigued.   In fact, I've often thought that Rousseau is the guy on the team built most like Edmunds.   Imagine them on either end.  If they play their gaps properly, nobody's running outside on the Bills. 

Anyway, I doubt it will happen. 

My take on Rousseau is let him get as big and as strong as he's comfortable with.  Get him a phone booth of a DT to replace Star and help out Ed Oliver.  Then keep the rotation policy for everyone else on the DL EXCEPT him.

McD is all about letting guys become the best versions of themselves.  So let Rousseau get into NFL shape, and play him until he boots if he wants to.  He's a 1st Round Pick, give him every opportunity you can to make a play.  

But if he only shows up in games vs. KC, I can live with that too.

1 hour ago, r henderson said:

best most well-hidden troll post of the year

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.