Move Tremaine Edmunds to DE next season.

r henderson

He has the same frame as TJ Watt. Both guys are 6’5 250ish. Also Edmunds is much more athletic than Watt. Edmunds forty time is 4.54 compared to Watts 4.69. Long arms with great get up of the edge. Played the position in high school along with TE. He only seems to get up with blockers when is 5 yards off the line of scrimmage. When he’s right on the line of scrimmage he generally handles blockers well. I believe that is his true NFL position. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 9
  • Disagree 8
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

13 minutes ago, r henderson said:

He has the same frame as TJ Watt. Both guys are 6’5 250ish. Also Edmunds is much more athletic than Watt. Edmunds forty time is 4.54 compared to Watts 4.69. Long arms with great get up of the edge. Played the position in high school along with TE. He only seems to get up with blockers when is 5 yards off the line of scrimmage. When he’s right on the line of scrimmage he generally handles blockers well. I believe that is his true NFL position. 

I would be more interested in if he could play outside LB more than DE which I don’t think he could make that move.  

• Eyeroll 1

I wish they used him to blitz more. I think he’s fine where he is, it is just difficult to quantify his value. I think he does what the team asks him to do. I think he’d make a million plays in a Baltimore type attacking 3-4. 

That said, that tipped pass play that AJ Klein made was all instinct and I am not sure Tremaine will ever make that type of play. I hope he does. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, r henderson said:

He’s a great player in space. OL get him moving side to side and over pursuing plays. I think he would get eaten up by OT’s on the edge. He is a top coverage LB in league but imho he needs to sit back 5 yards at LB to read plays better. Let’s keep him at LB. 

Edited by QLBillsFan

13 minutes ago, r henderson said:

He can't get to the QB with a running start as it is!

You expect him to get home all of a sudden with a 300lb. Tackle in front of him?😂😂😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, r henderson said:

Edmund's strength is movement and length. He could be elite if he instinctively sniffed out running lanes and inside receiver throws. Right now, he excels with QBs that zero in on receivers without deception, and running plays that aren't cutback blocking schemes. If a LB coach or just plain experience can get him more instinctual, look out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.