RIP John Madden

Purplebulldog

The best thing I can say about John Madden is that he revolutionized two different professions. He hung it up as the greatest coach of all time and went on to be the greatest sports commentator of all time. Two legends built by one man.

Edited by HappyDays

I am sad for myself and the many great football memories and expressions that I have enjoyed because of him. It just seems a short time ago that he was calling games. He positively influenced the game in so many ways. But I am happy for him and his family because by all accounts he had a great life.

Seems to hit harder when it's someone who was so full of life. From a selfish point of view, this is another part of your own youth dying as his voice represented so many hours watching football as a kid. Sometimes I go back and watch clips from the 80s so I can hear the likes of Madden, Summerall, Enberg, Olsen and all those other guys. In that respect they live forever

I was watching his special  Christmas Day and I was thinking that it was nice to do this while he was still alive :)

Then I was thinking he probably doesn't have much time left on this planet and might die soon.

Just a few days later and he is gone  :(

RIP John 

My handle is JMF as in John Madden Football the 2006 is when my best friend died he loved playing that game against me...they live on in every post I make.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.