11/14/21 Postgame Thread: Bills at Jets

Hapless Bills Fan

I will say it's somewhat unusual that team would lose by 28 points, but lead time of possession and have run more total plays and have almost as many first downs.

I suppose it's due to the Bills having some many long plays so didn't take many plays or time to score a TD.  I suppose averaging 9.1 yards per play helps

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

A couple of things stood out to me as "peculiar".  1 The Jets had like 22 1st downs! I thought we dominated them & you don't usually give up 22 1st downs then.  2) We only had 1 3rd down attempt in the 2nd half (3-6 conversions in 1st 1/2, 1-1 in 2nd)!!  That much success results in poor ball control, which was the reason the Jets were so "successful" on Offense.  Much like our Defense of the SB era, they were much more successful/good than stats would indicate.

Unless I'm mistaken, we had 4 rushing TDs from 4 different players, and none of them were Allen?  Is that even legal?

So not only did every starting DB have a turnover, but every RB had a rushing TD...

2 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

A couple of things stood out to me as "peculiar".  1 The Jets had like 22 1st downs! I thought we dominated them & you don't usually give up 22 1st downs then.  2) We only had 1 3rd down attempt in the 2nd half (3-6 conversions in 1st 1/2, 1-1 in 2nd)!!  That much success results in poor ball control, which was the reason the Jets were so "successful" on Offense.  Much like our Defense of the SB era, they were much more successful/good than stats would indicate.

It's called garbage time, no need to over analyze it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I will say it's somewhat unusual that team would lose by 28 points, but lead time of possession and have run more total plays and have almost as many first downs.

I suppose it's due to the Bills having some many long plays so didn't take many plays or time to score a TD.  I suppose averaging 9.1 yards per play helps

Turnovers, big plays on offense, and the Jets getting yards and time of possession in garbage time

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Lotta garbage yards by Jets. 

52 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

BTW, to my untrained eye, I thought this was Obada’s best game.

He had the one sack (negated by the AJE late hit), and I think he may have been credited with another one on a force out of White. But I saw him have a number of decent run stops and pressures (including one that the announcers highlighted). 

Tarons int. was all Obada disrupting. He's been solid this season and I see him sticking around next season if Mario & Jerry are gone.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

You know what really irks me is draft day he looked all sad the bills took him. Which would have been OK if he wasn't mediocre.

But he is so far.

I mean I'm pretty sure that's because he'd already gotten the call and we just got to see the second reaction to hearing it on T.V.

• Like (+1) 1

A fantastic game for the Bills. The first half up until that last TD drive was a bit shaky. But once they got that Diggs TD to end the first half and the fumble to keep the Jets from getting a field goal or more it was over. The Bills cashed in early in the second half and put it away quickly in the third quarter. The defense was spectacular as was the Special Teams unit who may have had their best game of the season arguably. 

Now that being said the Jets are not a very good team. They are one of the worst teams in the NFL and playing with a backup QB. You have to beat the Jets going away that's nothing to sneeze at. But I am very curious to see how they hold up against a solid Indy team as a true temperature check for this team. Indy has a fantastic running back, a very good defense, solid special teams unit and a decent QB. They have some weaknesses but they are a tough matchup against the Bills. 

Hopefully Star comes back and that solidifies the run defense and the offense finds a good gameplan in the first half. Good to pile up this win but next week we will really see what this Bills team can do. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eSJayDee said:

The Bills were clearly the better team on both sides of the ball. They came out focused and took care of business. I'm not reading too much into this game. I think Brieda should get more touches. 

12 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

A fantastic game for the Bills. The first half up until that last TD drive was a bit shaky. But once they got that Diggs TD to end the first half and the fumble to keep the Jets from getting a field goal or more it was over. The Bills cashed in early in the second half and put it away quickly in the third quarter. The defense was spectacular as was the Special Teams unit who may have had their best game of the season arguably. 

Now that being said the Jets are not a very good team. They are one of the worst teams in the NFL and playing with a backup QB. You have to beat the Jets going away that's nothing to sneeze at. But I am very curious to see how they hold up against a solid Indy team as a true temperature check for this team. Indy has a fantastic running back, a very good defense, solid special teams unit and a decent QB. They have some weaknesses but they are a tough matchup against the Bills. 

Hopefully Star comes back and that solidifies the run defense and the offense finds a good gameplan in the first half. Good to pile up this win but next week we will really see what this Bills team can do. 

Very nice post. Jonathan Taylor is a beast. He will be difficult to contain. 

The glimpses of a more dynamic running back were very evident on what a difference it makes in this offense.  I’m not saying Breida is the guy going forward but a priority this coming offseason should be finding a dynamic running back.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.