Mahomes vs Allen - The Long Term Knight

rayray808

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We’re just talking about who would you rather have long term…..

you’d rather have Mahomes at this moment?

Maybe I’m “moving the goalposts” so to speak, but I just don’t see what Mahomes winning Super Bowls in the past has to do with preferring him over josh allen for the next 10-20 years.  

Is that all you got mean gene?  I got so excited when I saw you replied to my post…but the reply was disappointing to say the least.  Step your game up Gene

It doesn’t. Using Super Bowls to pick QBs going forward is like using wins to rank them. It’s a pointless exercise.

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

When talking about who you would rather have long term, which is what I was doing, I don’t see how Mahomes winning a SB in KC comes into play when deciding who you’d rather have.  The Lombardi doesn’t come with him.  Would you guys rather have Nick Foles too?  He beat Tom Brady AND Belichick on the biggest stage there is.  He’s shown he can win it all bs the GOATs.  He did it all by himself too.  He carried their vaunted D in the big game

But that isn't a real choice is it? Measuring them career vs career at the end is the only really practical question that might ever need to be asked. If you were starting a franchise today who would you choose is just pure hypothetical. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

But that isn't a real choice is it? Measuring them career vs career at the end is the only really practical question that might ever need to be asked. If you were starting a franchise today who would you choose is just pure hypothetical. 

I mean…..what is a “real choice?”  We are playing make believe here aren’t we?  The one thing I know, I have yet to watch my team win a super bowl.  I’ve never felt what it’s like to watch my nfl franchise win a SB.  If I chose Patrick Mahome over Allen, I wouldn’t miraculously have the memories of when he won my team a super bowl.  It just means that he’s proven that he can win one.  Just like Nick Foles did.  

Just to reaffirm-  I’m choosing which QB I want to QB my team for the remaining duration of their careers.  Again….I don’t see what impact Mahomes winning a super bowl in the past does to change this.  It only helps in a discussion regarding who is the better qb when their careers are over.  
If that is the only practical question to be asked, I’d probably answer Mahomes if there were a penalty to answering incorrectly.  Like you and badol said “one in the hand”.  That’s just not the question I was answering as that is not the topic at hand

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I mean…..what is a “real choice?”  We are playing make believe here aren’t we?  The one thing I know, I have yet to watch my team win a super bowl.  I’ve never felt what it’s like to watch my nfl franchise win a SB.  If I chose Patrick Mahome over Allen, I wouldn’t miraculously have the memories of when he won my team a super bowl.  It just means that he’s proven that he can win one.  Just like Nick Foles did.  

Just to reaffirm-  I’m choosing which QB I want to QB my team for the remaining duration of their careers.  Again….I don’t see what impact Mahomes winning a super bowl in the past does to change this.  It only helps in a discussion regarding who is the better qb when their careers are over.  
If that is the only practical question to be asked, I’d probably answer Mahomes if there were a penalty to answering incorrectly.  Like you and badol said “one in the hand”.  That’s just not the question I was answering as that is not the topic at hand

I am not necessarily disagreeing with your conclusion on the hypotehtical..... I just don't much go for the hypotheticals. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not necessarily disagreeing with your conclusion on the hypotehtical..... I just don't much go for the hypotheticals. 

Aren’t you one of the big mock draft guys😂😂I mean what is that except hypotheticals piled on top of hypotheticals

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Aren’t you one of the big mock draft guys😂😂I mean what is that except hypotheticals piled on top of hypotheticals

Fair point. I find mock drafts fun. I get it that other folks find the "what will team A do the next 10 years vs what will team B do the next 10 years" fun to speculate on but it just isn't something that particularly interests me. I wasn't disagreeing with @NewEra. I was just saying that isn't a question I have particularly given any thought to. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yes,  you and some people in this thread are definitely playing make believe.

Patrick Mahomes having won a SB is not make believe,  it's reality.

The damage is done already........he's won a SB and he's also directly prevented you from reaching a SB.

By rights, after 3 years of #1 seed status his team SHOULD be cycling out somewhat.........so being like "but yeah NOW I think Josh Allen will be better than him" just because the Bills are in a temporarily favorable roster/schedule situation is a pretty humorous way of looking at it.  :lol:    

I know this is a Mahomes vs Allen thread but I think both Herbert and Burrow need to be included. I think these four are going to be the top QB's going forward in the next decade. Brady eventually will retire and Rodgers is also nearing the end. Jackson is a great athlete but as a QB I think he is a notch below the others. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think there is some evidence that is might be running at least a little drier.... neither this upcoming class or the 2023 class looks particularly special at this stage. But the AFC is already sufficiently stocked with Burrow, Lawrence, Herbert and possibly Jones / Wilson who are "behind" Josh on that timeline. Luckily some of them are on organisations I am yet to fully trust. The path isn't gonna get any easier from here though. 

Interestingly,  even during some stretches of drafts where the QB quality wasn't very good.........the trend of 1st contract QB teams reaching SB's has been pretty consistent.

Even utter imposter franchise QB's like Kaepernick and Goff and Wentz(got Eagles home field) have been good enough to ride the signficant roster advantage into team SB appearances.    Guys like Flacco and Cam have had more good seasons than those guys but they also were relative shooting stars that probably got to SB's more because of 1st contract roster timing than anything else.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Allen might be the most physically gifted QB to ever play the position. He also has a farm boy work ethic and has been overlooked as a QB most of his life.

Mahomes is great. I believe Allen will be greater.

Give me Allen.

I don't believe the "most physically gifted QB" stuff with Allen.   He is a beast but he still lacks the touch and timing of other elite passers.   That is part of the physical equation, IMO.   If he can throw it on a line he is as good as it gets.   If he has to put air under the throw he's not as impressive as Brady(obviously) nor the other young QB's Mahomes, Murray, Herbert or Burrow.   The advantage he has is that he is an absolute physical beast.   If the throws aren't there he can run for big plays and get away with it easier than those other guys.    He also may be able to outlast the other guys........and finish more seasons........because he is built to withstand punishment.    Basically Kyler Murray's season came apart last year because he got hit a few times and lost his edge.    In the back of my mind I expect that to be the case this year as well.   

Allen's game is more rugged, edgy, tough. When things get snowy, ugly and muddy Allen is still in his element. But Allen can also play the pretty game now, as we've seen.

To me, Mahomes excels at the pretty game, but when the sledding gets rough and the pretty plays aren't there he just starts trying to play hero ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, NewEra said:

In the context of the OP….”long term” is the discussion.  Nowhere in “long term” includes the past.  It’s not a moot point.  Choosing Mahomes doesn’t give us a Lombardi.  We’re talking about the future…..not past accomplishments.  If the discussion is who’s had the best career, than your argument carries all the weight.  Mahomes all day.  There’s just not much we can debate with regards to what will happen “long term”.  

The only thing to discuss, imo, is who would you rather have long term.  I’ll roll with 17.  He’s more exciting.  I believe he will be more durable and play longer.  He’s a better person, leader and representative of our franchise.  He sounds better in interviews and his entourage isn’t annoying af.  He choke slams defensive lineman and has a jumpman silhouette.   Not sure why any current Bills fan would rather have Mahomes over allen long term.  Past accomplishments bring nothing to the table in the future.  

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yes,  you and some people in this thread are definitely playing make believe.

Patrick Mahomes having won a SB is not make believe,  it's reality.

The damage is done already........he's won a SB and he's also directly prevented you from reaching a SB.

By rights, after 3 years of #1 seed status his team SHOULD be cycling out somewhat.........so being like "but yeah NOW I think Josh Allen will be better than him" just because the Bills are in a temporarily favorable roster/schedule situation is a pretty humorous way of looking at it.  :lol:    

Except that’s not the case at all.  Where did I say that Allen will be better than Mahomes?  I listed several reasons why I’d rather have him.  None of which had to do with him ever being better. 

The topic at hand in this thread pertains to the long term and sustainable success of Allen and Mahomes.  The future. That’s what we are discussing here.  Yes….any statement made regarding either players future performance is make believe.  

I view Allen and Mahomes as elite QBs.  The difference between them is a Lombardi.  You’d be splitting hairs when comparing Mahomes mvp season stats vs Josh’s last year.  No, josh didn’t win and mvp, but he wasn’t any less of a QB.  Mahomes has an early leg up because he’s won a super bowl at the but then I think about bolded in my quote above and that’s why I’d rather root for 17 the next 10-20 years.

I’ve seen enough from 17 where I feel comfortable saying that he will never be the reason we don’t win a super bowl.  He has what it takes.  Will the coaching staff and his supporting cast give him enough support to win it all.  Josh didn’t play well in the AFCCG, but that loss was on our coaching staff.  Terrible game plan on both sides of the ball.  Weak OL play.  Similar to how Mahomes lost the SB.  He wasn’t good…..but he wasn’t the reason they lost.  McB has to succeed in order for allen to win one.  McD didn’t succeed in the AFCCG, preventing josh from having a legit chance. You know this. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't believe the "most physically gifted QB" stuff with Allen.   He is a beast but he still lacks the touch and timing of other elite passers.   That is part of the physical equation, IMO.   If he can throw it on a line he is as good as it gets.   If he has to put air under the throw he's not as impressive as Brady(obviously) nor the other young QB's Mahomes, Murray, Herbert or Burrow.   The advantage he has is that he is an absolute physical beast.   If the throws aren't there he can run for big plays and get away with it easier than those other guys.    He also may be able to outlast the other guys........and finish more seasons........because he is built to withstand punishment.    Basically Kyler Murray's season came apart last year because he got hit a few times and lost his edge.    In the back of my mind I expect that to be the case this year as well.   

I would say another advantage he has is that if tight windows are closing he can get the ball there so fast its still a completion.  Not many, if any other QBs can throw some of those passes he is capable of.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Allen is a combination of size, speed, elusiveness and arm strength that you simply can't teach.

Those are what you call "traits" because you really don't get noticeably better at them.

What you mentioned that he lacks is touch. That can be taught.

Greg Cosell has called Allen the most physically gifted QB in the NFL on multiple occasions.

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Allen is a combination of size, speed, elusiveness and arm strength that you simply can't teach.

Those are what you call "traits" because you really don't get noticeably better at them.

What you mentioned that he lacks is touch. That can be taught.

Greg Cosell has called Allen the most physically gifted QB in the NFL on multiple occasions.

A gift is something that is given..........touch/timing is natural to many passers.......a gift they have..........for some that's all that gets them to the league.........it's very valuable to be gifted with it.

Allen is going to have to work for that........it's most definitely not been gifted to him.   He will throw seemingly simple touch passes that look like a HS JV QB at times(like the screens to RB's in the KC game).

Most natural gifts can be improved upon........Allen is proof of that........he has improved his accuracy, running speed.......a number of things.   Brady is obviously the standard,  he is more physically talented at 44 than he was early in his career.

But is Allen more naturally gifted than guys like Herbert or Lawrence?

I think they both throw with better natural touch, timing and anticipation than Allen.   It's readily apparent.  They are both very big, very athletic and have very strong arms.   On the hoof they are very comparable and maybe even more "gifted" than Allen.

What Allen doesn't get enough credit for is his mental makeup.........he's smart,  driven to win and has a ton of emotional intelligence...........which makes him a leader and that is a non-physical trait that combines with his gifts to give him a chance to be an all-time great.    

• Like (+1) 1

A gift is something that is given..........touch/timing is natural to many passers.......a gift they have..........for some that's all that gets them to the league.........it's very valuable to be gifted with it.

Ummmm... are you being serious? 

I think they both throw with better natural touch, timing and anticipation than Allen.   It's readily apparent.  They are both very big, very athletic and have very strong arms.   On the hoof they are very comparable and maybe even more "gifted" than Allen.

I said Allen is the most physically gifted QB in the NFL and possibly NFL history. Natural gifts broadens the scope too much to intangibles like mental makeup, leadership, competitiveness and instincts--though I'd say Allen is in the upper echelon of 3/4 of those... to me it's his instincts that could hold him back.

I'm going to repeat the physical traits that Allen has that really can't be taught:

Size... and I'm talking height and body frame combined. Herbert and Lawrence might be taller, but they don't have Allen’s thick frame. That matters for obvious reasons including injury risk and diffdifficulty to tackle.

Strength... Herbert and Lawrence aren't as strong as Allen. No QB in the NFL is as strong as him from toes to shoulders. Also matters for obvious reasons like shedding tacklers, which we've seen Allen do over and over.

Speed... Lamar and Kyler are faster, but they don't compare to Allen in other categories. It's pretty obvious to anyone watching Allen that he has unique speed especially for a man his size.

Athleticism... I said elusiveness before, but even that should fall under the category of athleticism. And I say that because of the hurdling of defenders we've seen from Allen. He’s also twitchy and elusive for a guy his size. 

Arm Strength... obviously unique to a QB so a separate category from Strength in general. The only QBs comparable in terms of arm strength to Allen would be Mahomes and Rodgers.

So yes, Allen is more physically gifted than Herbert and Lawrence.

What Allen doesn't get enough credit for is his mental makeup.........he's smart,  driven to win and has a ton of emotional intelligence...........which makes him a leader and that is a non-physical trait that combines with his gifts to give him a chance to be an all-time great.    

I agree. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Ummmm... are you being serious? 

I said Allen is the most physically gifted QB in the NFL and possibly NFL history. Natural gifts broadens the scope too much to intangibles like mental makeup, leadership, competitiveness and instincts--though I'd say Allen is in the upper echelon of 3/4 of those... to me it's his instincts that could hold him back.

Of course,  

009b507a-5659-48c3-95ca-93de32693079_tex

if you are a 4th year NFL starting QB and can't easily throw simple passes with touch........you have a persistent lack of coordination between your brain and your arm.

That's a physical deficiency.

If you've ever played sports or coached youth sports or can even remember when you played them,   there are always kids with better natural hand eye coordination and spatial awareness.   They are things that can be improved........but so can ALL of the other things on your list,  with the exception of skeletal frame.:lol:

Allen still struggles to throw passes that require "touch".   Not just screens.  If he has to put air under a deep ball it could easily end up overthrown by 30 feet whether he has any pressure on him or not.   His arm strength is amazing so he can circumvent some of that by throwing fastballs a great distance..........but he certainly doesn't have the assortment of speeds and trajectories at his disposal that guys like Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson and Herbert do.   Watch the games.   It's gotten to the point with Allen where they just don't attempt a number of fairly common throws.  And, IMO,  if you can't make all of the common throws you probably aren't the most physically gifted QB of all time.

But he is definitely on the list of most blessed/gifted and the assortment of natural "gifts" that he does have promises to buy him time to improve as much as possible in the areas where he isn't as "gifted". 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Allen is going to have to work for that........it's most definitely not been gifted to him.   He will throw seemingly simple touch passes that look like a HS JV QB at times(like the screens to RB's in the KC game).

Most natural gifts can be improved upon........Allen is proof of that........he has improved his accuracy, running speed.......a number of things.   Brady is obviously the standard,  he is more physically talented at 44 than he was early in his career.

The one thing I'll say about Allen regarding "physically gifted" is that he appears to have the strongest arm in NFL history and it ain't even close. He has the combine record for velocity (62 mph) and was clocked at an unheard-of 66.14 mph at the senior bowl (60 is extremely high). There is even a story out there of him hitting 74 mph in a game. He was throwing 91 as a HS pitcher and grew 3+ inches and put on 50 pounds (a lot of muscle) AFTER his senior year in HS. We're talking Chapman-level with regard to arm strength. But he's also an elite athlete for a QB. He's not Lamar Jackson, but he's probably the best combo of mobile and strong in the league irrespective of the ridiculous arm talent. That's why folks say he's the most physically gifted QB ever. As for touch, yeah, there's a physical element to it, but it's also mental. We're not talking about mental here. Rather, we're talking stark, raw animal power. I've never seen anyone like him in that respect.  

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Of course,  

009b507a-5659-48c3-95ca-93de32693079_tex

if you are a 4th year NFL starting QB and can't easily throw simple passes with touch........you have a persistent lack of coordination between your brain and your arm.

That's a physical deficiency.

If you've ever played sports or coached youth sports or can even remember when you played them,   there are always kids with better natural hand eye coordination and spatial awareness.   They are things that can be improved........but so can ALL of the other things on your list,  with the exception of skeletal frame.:lol:

Allen still struggles to throw passes that require "touch".   Not just screens.  If he has to put air under a deep ball it could easily end up overthrown by 30 feet whether he has any pressure on him or not.   His arm strength is amazing so he can circumvent some of that by throwing fastballs a great distance..........but he certainly doesn't have the assortment of speeds and trajectories at his disposal that guys like Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson and Herbert do.   Watch the games.   It's gotten to the point with Allen where they just don't attempt a number of fairly common throws.  And, IMO,  if you can't make all of the common throws you probably aren't the most physically gifted QB of all time.

But he is definitely on the list of most blessed/gifted and the assortment of natural "gifts" that he does have promises to buy him time to improve as much as possible in the areas where he isn't as "gifted". 

I've made my case. Argue with people in the NFL or who make their living working with them and studying them:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The one thing I'll say about Allen regarding "physically gifted" is that he appears to have the strongest arm in NFL history and it ain't even close. He has the combine record for velocity (62 mph) and was clocked at an unheard-of 66.14 mph at the senior bowl (60 is extremely high). There is even a story out there of him hitting 74 mph in a game. He was throwing 91 as a HS pitcher and grew 3+ inches and put on 50 pounds (a lot of muscle) AFTER his senior year in HS. We're talking Chapman-level with regard to arm strength. But he's also an elite athlete for a QB. He's not Lamar Jackson, but he's probably the best combo of mobile and strong in the league irrespective of the ridiculous arm talent. That's why folks say he's the most physically gifted QB ever. As for touch, yeah, there's a physical element to it, but it's also mental. We're not talking about mental here. Rather, we're talking stark, raw animal power. I've never seen anyone like him in that respect.  

1) I wouldn't say "it ain't even close".    The longest pass "ever" measured in a game was Patrick Mahomes 68 yards in the air.  Mahomes also threw 60 mph at the combine so they were "close".   I have always thought Allen had the stronger arm but it's contest worthy.     Justin Herbert also threw 60 mph and Jacob Eason tied Allen's record at 62 mph.   There are some strong arms in the NFL today.

2) As for stories,  Denver used to set their jugs machines at 80mph to simulate Elway's throws.   Stories be stories.  

3) JA's baseball 91 mph never impressed me.   All that told me is that baseball wasn't his sport.   The Yankees wouldn't draft him as a catcher with that mph. :lol:  He's not a real loose athlete so not sure his kind of power translates well to baseball.   His first pitch at the Jays game this year was a sad disappointment.......despite reportedly putting in quite a bit of practice.   And as hard as Chappy once threw.......Nolan Ryan is the standard.   I tend to believe he'd hit that reported 108 mph on a modern gun.    The bigger baseball issue with Josh is that he lacks that "shortstop type" of arm talent/athleticism that Russ Wilson and Patrick Mahomes and Kyler Murray display.

4) I don't disagree about him being a unique beast of a QB.   Bad things can happen.......but he's built to last.......much like John Elway and that allowed Elway to be winning SB's when his class of 83' cohorts were busted up and retired.  

I strongly disagree that the ability to alter how you throw the ball isn't part of the "arm talent" equation.   It most definitely is.  

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I've made my case. Argue with people in the NFL or who make their living working with them and studying them:

Trust me,  I want to believe it.   But it's year 4 and his inability to throw accurate/timely passes with air under them still remains.   They win the Steelers game if he could.   They are adapting to the weakness by asking him to just under throw those passes........but that's working around a weakness, not fixing it.     What I see is a great QB with a glaring, but probably/eventually correctable, weakness.    He's definitely in the conversation with the greatest physical talents ever, IMO.   But it's not cut and dried.  I've said it before.......the hope is that he fixes that problem while he still has all of the other capabilities.   THAT will be peak Josh Allen and I can't wait to see it.

• Agree 2

43 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1) I wouldn't say "it ain't even close".    The longest pass "ever" measured in a game was Patrick Mahomes 68 yards in the air.  Mahomes also threw 60 mph at the combine so they were "close".   I have always thought Allen had the stronger arm but it's contest worthy.     Justin Herbert also threw 60 mph and Jacob Eason tied Allen's record at 62 mph.   There are some strong arms in the NFL today.

2) As for stories,  Denver used to set their jugs machines at 80mph to simulate Elway's throws.   Stories be stories.  

3) JA's baseball 91 mph never impressed me.   All that told me is that baseball wasn't his sport.   The Yankees wouldn't draft him as a catcher with that mph. :lol:  He's not a real loose athlete so not sure his kind of power translates well to baseball.   His first pitch at the Jays game this year was a sad disappointment.......despite reportedly putting in quite a bit of practice.   And as hard as Chappy once threw.......Nolan Ryan is the standard.   I tend to believe he'd hit that reported 108 mph on a modern gun.    The bigger baseball issue with Josh is that he lacks that "shortstop type" of arm talent/athleticism that Russ Wilson and Patrick Mahomes and Kyler Murray display.

4) I don't disagree about him being a unique beast of a QB.   Bad things can happen.......but he's built to last.......much like John Elway and that allowed Elway to be winning SB's when his class of 83' cohorts were busted up and retired.  

I strongly disagree that the ability to alter how you throw the ball isn't part of the "arm talent" equation.   It most definitely is.  

Deshaun Watson is a good example of a great QB who doesn’t have nearly the same amount of strength as Allen but has way more touch.

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Badol, he literally threw 66.14 at the senior bowl. Do your research. The difference between 60 and 66 is the difference between 100 and 92 in baseball — i.e., massive. Also, actually read what i wrote about his baseball velocity. He grew a ton after that measurement. C’mon! Be a better reader. Your baseball comment given the context is beneath you.

Edited by dave mcbride

These are adults doing this.

Not sure about Brittany but you can tell Jackson has never overcame adversity and I'd bet the real world would swallow him up if Pat ever cut him off from riding his cotails. 

I almost feel sorry for Patty but again, he's allowing his adult of a brother to basically mooch of him and his name and that'd be fine if it was a skill or talent. But he's literally moving (i don't consider that dancing) like any elderly person can move. 

Plus the wife showing the goods in front of the camera. If a picture or video in this case is worth a thousand words, Pats body language sure suggests he can't stand whatever this is ( I know it's for TikTok).

Josh would never. He'd pull them aside and tell em that's unacceptable, especially during the season and to act like an adult. But that's the difference between a kid who got handed everything in Mahomes n a guy that fought through tremendous adversity n odds to get to this point 

• Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

These are adults doing this.

Not sure about Brittany but you can tell Jackson has never overcame adversity and I'd bet the real world would swallow him up if Pat ever cut him off from riding his cotails. 

I almost feel sorry for Patty but again, he's allowing his adult of a brother to basically mooch of him and his name and that'd be fine if it was a skill or talent. But he's literally moving (i don't consider that dancing) like any elderly person can move. 

Plus the wife showing the goods in front of the camera. If a picture or video in this case is worth a thousand words, Pats body language sure suggests he can't stand whatever this is ( I know it's for TikTok).

Josh would never. He'd pull them aside and tell em that's unacceptable, especially during the season and to act like an adult. But that's the difference between a kid who got handed everything in Mahomes n a guy that fought through tremendous adversity n odds to get to this point 

I mean I think it's a bit much to assume all this.

At the same time I continue to be confused as to the purpose of these TikToks. Like every one I've seen him do seems specifically designed to make him look like an entitled douchebag. I mean is that the point, is that what he's going for?

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

I am just so glad the Allens are in Buffalo and not the Mahomes 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I mean I think it's a bit much to assume all this.

At the same time I continue to be confused as to the purpose of these TikToks. Like every one I've seen him do seems specifically designed to make him look like an entitled douchebag. I mean is that the point, is that what he's going for?

Honestly that is what it is, but they consider it a good thing now apparently. So it is pretty confusing for people like me and I assume you who aren’t tuned into that specific little world. Just attention seeking, skill or talent or being interesting isn’t required at all anymore. Very bizarre. I have no social media despite being in a similar age group. To me it promotes narcissism and is a total distraction. 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, BassToMouth said:

I am just so glad the Allens are in Buffalo and not the Mahomes 

Honestly that is what it is, but they consider it a good thing now apparently. So it is pretty confusing for people like me and I assume you who aren’t tuned into that specific little world. Just attention seeking, skill or talent or being interesting isn’t required at all anymore. Very bizarre. I have no social media despite being in a similar age group. To me it promotes narcissism and is a total distraction. 

Bingo. Promotes narcissism. Approval seeking behavior. 

But it's almost like an excuse. "I'm not just arrogantly showing off my rear end, I'm making a dance video to show how goofy and fun-loving I am." 

It's very see through, but it's been promoted as the cool thing to do. To me it exposes neediness. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.