Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

Hey @Gene1973 ... is Josh still out of it with 6 losses? 

With this absolutely atrocious game by Brady tonight it seems this race will come down to 4 players:

Josh Allen 

Jonathan Taylor 

Aaron Rodgers 

Tom Brady 

Taylor is deserving... but a RB... really...?

And truthfully the 3 QBs are neck and neck. 

Sorry bro... as much as you hate it, Josh Allen is still one of the frontrunners :w00t:

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The best development to me today is a relevant running game with Singletary. The 2nd best development is the continuing development of Gabriel Davis.

We still needed heroics from Allen today, but he didn't quite need to carry the team like normal.

The reality here for doubters is that if we beat the Patriots next week and Allen plays really well, he's probably in a very tight 2 or 3 way race for the MVP to finish the season.

But obviously all of us would prefer SB MVP over regular season MVP... so let's hope this team just found a little more identity running the football.

The look on Gilmore's face was priceless

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

SJ13 had 3 consecutive seasons....not bad for a 7th round pick playing with JAG QB's

Fitzpatrick was more than a JAG but some cannot see that.  Not top 10 but what some teams need when QB has to put everything on line for team to have any success.  He and Stevie connected for both were backups practicing with each other and both were very intelligent with Fitzpatrick understanding how Stevie saw field and adjusted route to be at points on route where Fitzpatrick would know he would be without throwing precise routes.  Wish they had better supporting players.

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Andre Reed never had 2+ in a row? Crazy.

Andre Reed did a lot of dirty work and this cost him a lot of yards.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Fitzpatrick was more than a JAG but some cannot see that.  Not top 10 but what some teams need when QB has to put everything on line for team to have any success.  He and Stevie connected for both were backups practicing with each other and both were very intelligent with Fitzpatrick understanding how Stevie saw field and adjusted route to be at points on route where Fitzpatrick would know he would be without throwing precise routes.  Wish they had better supporting players.

I remember an SI article about Stevie and how he used his basketball skills to run routes and he and Fitz knew the timing of the route of where he was suppose to be. 

Both were very smart in this sense. 

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Fitzy another 7th rounder to starter on 8 or 9 teams :)

• Like (+1) 1

Right now, I'm just not seeing Josh as an MVP candidate.  If they won against NE and TB with throws to win it that might be different.  If the Colts continue and make a run, I see JT as the MVP.  The QB's are all jumbled this year.....and I would give Rodgers the nod there for his lack of turnovers.

7 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

The look on Gilmore's face was priceless

Must have been after he was looking behind him at the other defenders?

3 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Right now, I'm just not seeing Josh as an MVP candidate.  If they won against NE and TB with throws to win it that might be different.  If the Colts continue and make a run, I see JT as the MVP.  The QB's are all jumbled this year.....and I would give Rodgers the nod there for his lack of turnovers.

I agree.   I havent checked the exact stats, but it seems like interceptions are way up.   If you look at the top 5 QBs in terms of passing TDs they all have double digit INTs.  That hasnt happened since 2013.     I think you're seeing that defenses have adjusted to offenses throwing the ball so much, lots of nickel, and smart offenses have started running the ball more.     May be seeing the decline of the throw first offense.

Right now my vote would be for Taylor.  Guy, along with his offensive line, won the Pats game.   Wentz was tragic.   A few years back I couldnt imagine a team winning a football game where their QB threw for less than 80 yards.

2 hours ago, mattynh said:

Must have been after he was looking behind him at the other defenders?

Considering he has a bad OL and no running game, he's an MVP candidate for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.