Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm confused.

How are their stats not comparable? Josh has over 700 more yards and 2 TDS on the year than Rodgers.

Yep. He also has more turnovers. 

Okay... but Josh has a lot more yards.

Then start sprinkling in the fact that Rodgers has an actual run game with maybe the best 1-2 punch at RB and I don't understand how anyone could possibly say Josh isn't right up there at this point.

See above

I was thinking more of Brady than Rodgers.  Rodgers probably gets dinged points for missing that one game especially because of the way it happened lol 

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I was thinking more of Brady than Rodgers.  Rodgers probably gets dinged points for missing that one game especially because of the way it happened lol 

Brady right now has less than 200 more yards than Allen, 3 more TDs, and 1 fewer turnover.

Again, how is that not comparable?

Oh... and he has 3 remaining games potentially without any or all of Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Antonio Brown, and Leaonard Fournette.

How is Allen out of this again?

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

He is saying of the top 10 passing yards leaders, not in the entire NFL.

Got it... see that now... weird way to define something.

"Out of the top 10 he's the worst"...

Bizarre 

Allen would have to finish the last three games 3-0 and with 12 total TD's to have a chance to win it. Even then I could see it going to Taylor, Rodgers or Brady. I would probably have those three as the favorites to win it in that order. Allen would be fourth. But finishing with 47 total TD's and winning the division could be enough. Anytime in the next three games would be a great time for Allen to put up his first 6 TD game but the next game would be the best time. For rushing TD's and yards simply don't mean as much as passing TD's and yards. I don't agree with it but it's just the reality of the situation. 

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Hunh...? :huh:

Josh Allen doesn't have the lowest completion rate in the NFL or the 3rd lowest passer rating or...

what drug are you on?

Learn to read and figure out the context.

4 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Now a lot can be blamed on the O-line/Daboll, but Josh simply doesn't have the stats for MVP.  Out of the top 10 passing yard leaders...

- Lowest YPA.

- Lowest completion rate.

- 2nd most INTs.

- 3rd lowest passer rating.

- 3rd lowest 1st down %.

- 3rd fewest 20 yard plays.

Even if you add his rushing totals, he's not clearing the lists for yards or TDs.  Objectively he is a top 5 QB and will be for a long time, but he's not getting the help to make a bid.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Just have to see how it plays out.

I'll say this: throwing an INT per game is not helping his chances.

Yeah that's gone on far too long. Surprised it's been going as long as it has since Josh usually doesn't throw INTs very often. When Josh turned the ball over most of the time it was a fumble.

Hope this gets cleaned up starting Sunday

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Brady right now has less than 200 more yards than Allen, 3 more TDs, and 1 fewer turnover.

Again, how is that not comparable?

Oh... and he has 3 remaining games potentially without any or all of Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Antonio Brown, and Leaonard Fournette.

How is Allen out of this again?

Got it... see that now... weird way to define something.

"Out of the top 10 he's the worst"...

Bizarre 

Did you factor in rushing yards/tds? That’s a good point I didn’t realize that would close the gap that much. If we go on to win the division it would be hard to make a case against him 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

He’s got 80 total touchdowns since the start of 2020 and is pretty much the bills offense. If you take away his rushing yards the bills have the worst rushing attack not named the Houston Texans in the league 

Aaron Rogers will probably win it again simply by default and the fact he plays in a atrocious division but to say Josh doesn’t at least have an outside chance is ridiculous 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He’s got 80 total touchdowns since the start of 2020 and is pretty much the bills offense. If you take away his rushing yards the bills have the worst rushing attack not named the Houston Texans in the league 

Aaron Rogers will probably win it again simply by default and the fact he plays in a atrocious division but to say Josh doesn’t at least have an outside chance is ridiculous 

I wonder if they won’t rank rodgers as highly because of the whole ‘I was inoculated’ debacle leading him to miss a game.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I wonder if they won’t rank rodgers as highly because of the whole ‘I was inoculated’ debacle leading him to miss a game.  

Only if it causes them to not get the number one seed in my opinion. But it looks like even with him missing that game they’ll still get the number one seed. So I don’t see it coming into play.

Although Josh's INT numbers are up a bit and his completion percentage down a bit he is still having a really really good season. Considering his O-line play is worse this season I think you can say that even though there might be a small bit of regression (he has made more head-scratching turnonvers this season) he still in 2021 is giving you no reason to doubt he is a franchise QB. Unless Josh goes on a monster tear to end the season and other MVP candidates tank or get hurt he isn't going to win the MVP but he is putting together another great season.

13 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Although Josh's INT numbers are up a bit and his completion percentage down a bit he is still having a really really good season. Considering his O-line play is worse this season I think you can say that even though there might be a small bit of regression (he has made more head-scratching turnonvers this season) he still in 2021 is giving you no reason to doubt he is a franchise QB. Unless Josh goes on a monster tear to end the season and other MVP candidates tank or get hurt he isn't going to win the MVP but he is putting together another great season.

Fickle little race.  Its still wide open.  If Allen has a monster game in New England, and win, he will catapult to the front of the race.  

I was kind of over this MVP race thing but now that Allen isn't a pro-bowler it would be so funny to see him end the season 3-0, win the division and finish the season with like 13 TD's over the final three games and win the MVP. And twenty years later people will look back and be like WTF? He won the MVP and wasn't named a pro-bowler? Perfect time to have his first 6 TD game this weekend. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 12/22/2021 at 9:15 AM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Is that also taking away all teams QB rushing yards?   Otherwise that is kind of useless.  Also would YPC and tds.  Should they be listed as the worst running team if they don’t actually run in as many times as other teams?

Edited by mattynh
  • Agree 1

By the end of the season, Mahomes will get more votes for MVP. Check the numbers and record. 

Wasn't there a thread comparing their past certain # of games showing Josh is better? Funny how it was brought up during a bad stretch for Mahomes. A few even said Josh will end up the better QB when all is said and done. I get Josh is our guy, but don't let that fact affect your sensibilities.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.