Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

19 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

yeah because the rest of our offense was just humming a long so well. 

what are you talking about? Bills damn near won the game on that play. And you are criticizing one of two deep balls they threw on the night? If I’m not mistaken bills were 1/2 on pass attempts over 25 yards? Nearly 2/2 with a TD. It’s not like the game plan was calling plays with a lot of deep shots. And Allen was actually money when he did throw them.

We only had one 60 yard, hail mary bomb that I can recall. 

7 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

He’s like 4th in current odds, which is exactly where he should be imo. If they win out these last 5 games, Allen should walk away with it. 

Go 4-1 and have decent games and it will come down to Josh and Goat. Marsha will probably win it based on lifetime achievement award. Josh runner up 2 years in a row.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The number for the week was:

Mac….1-0

Allen…. 0-1

Mac looks way better  

Yes, that was one hell of a pretty hand off.  I don't agree with this even a little.  Allen looked much better than Mac Jones.  The Patriots* offense looked better than us, because we couldn't stop the run, and they won, but if you compare the 2 QB's in a vacuum (or in this case, a wind tunnel) , Allen looked better than Jones. 

Besides this, my point was really that the weather did Allen stats no favors, because when you look at the season numbers in total, there is no footnote that says he was relatively effective in 50MPH+ winds.  

4 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yes, that was one hell of a pretty hand off.  I don't agree with this even a little.  Allen looked much better than Mac Jones.  The Patriots* offense looked better than us, because we couldn't stop the run, and they won, but if you compare the 2 QB's in a vacuum (or in this case, a wind tunnel) , Allen looked better than Jones. 

Besides this, my point was really that the weather did Allen stats no favors, because when you look at the season numbers in total, there is no footnote that says he was relatively effective in 50MPH+ winds.  

It was clearly sarcasm.  

And put Josh on Tampa's offense and he's running away with the MVP.

20 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Umm he didn’t drop it, it was actually broken up by Phillips.  (It was obvious when they showed the closeup) Also he didn’t string arm the Pat defender he back tracked faster and he missed him..  also Knox was  covered.

Knox made zero attempt at the ball he’s 6’4 the DB is 5’10 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The number for the week was:

Mac….1-0

Allen…. 0-1

Mac looks way better  

Yeh but you’ve been like this since Allen was drafted and where on “the other Josh” bandwagon…heck if this team had Rosen they’d be the worst team in football 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

He currently has 5 losses, and likely 3 more coming.

Time to move on from this notion.

Likely?

You're saying this team will likely lose more games than they win to end the year.

That's a pretty damn big IF that you're projecting onto a team that's been inconsistent but still pretty clearly is capable of winning a game against just about anybody.

Maybe it's time for you to take a break from this thread.  It's clearly distressing you.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

8 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Knox made zero attempt at the ball he’s 6’4 the DB is 5’10 

Yeh but you’ve been like this since Allen was drafted and where on “the other Josh” bandwagon…heck if this team had Rosen they’d be the worst team in football 

Where again??? Who’s talking about Rosen?

My point is winning is the only stat that matters. Josh did do some amazing things at times, some very poor things at times and ultimately despite plenty of opportunities was unable to win. And yeah I expect it from him now. There is no hiding from this contract he signed. He needs to be the best in the league, not the best on his offensive unit on a given night. 

1 hour ago, VW82 said:

I'm not blaming Allen. I'm blaming the coaching staff for their game plan and play calling. 

Knox did have a bad drop on that 3rd and 19. The one in the end zone wasn't a drop - it was a pass break up. The Beasley "drop" involved him laying out for the ball near the sideline. And yes, when Josh has to throw it 100mph in those conditions that's surely part of the reason those catches don't get made. 

If you decide to drive the green on a par 4 on a day with howling wind and rain and hit the greatest shot of your life but it bounces off a sprinkler head and goes into the water you don't sit there and blame the sprinkler head. You blame the bad decision to go for it in the first place.  

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Very nice troll post.

Really not… results matter. 

im happy for anyone in the process of booking their tickets to the moral victory Super Bowl to explain how this season is anything other than on the brink of utter disappointment… and the highest paid player on the team by a lot owns part of that too. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Where again??? Who’s talking about Rosen?

My point is winning is the only stat that matters. Josh did do some amazing things at times, some very poor things at times and ultimately despite plenty of opportunities was unable to win. And yeah I expect it from him now. There is no hiding from this contract he signed. He needs to be the best in the league, not the best on his offensive unit on a given night. 

He isn’t the best in the league, this year Brady and the Cardinals WB (name escapes me) have been the top two.. he is top 3 but top 4 when Mahomes is playing like Mahomes. 

Monday wasn’t on Allen, that was definitely on drops by receivers and a pretty meh game plan for 3 qrtrs.. (why wouldn’t you go heavy pass WITH the wind in the 3rd?)

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

He isn’t the best in the league, this year Brady and the Cardinals WB (name escapes me) have been the top two.. he is top 3 but top 4 when Mahomes is playing like Mahomes. 

Monday wasn’t on Allen, that was definitely on drops by receivers and a pretty meh game plan for 3 qrtrs.. (why wouldn’t you go heavy pass WITH the wind in the 3rd?)

They did. 3 called runs out of 11 Q3 plays. 2/7 completions and one scramble on 8 passing plays. 4 minutes of possession. 

You don't see that they are in a tailspin? McDermott is being exposed.

Tailspin?

Stop being ridiculous. We're in a win one lose one pattern. We just lost one after utterly dominating another team which was after losing one which was after utterly dominating another team which was after...

well... you get it.

5 games left we're due 3 more wins by the logic of your tailspin.

Regardless, QB's that win MVP are usually not from "in the hunt" teams.

Who says we'll be "in the hunt" at the end of the year? The team with the most wins this year so far won multiple games without their supposed MVP. After them the Bills are 2 games within every team.

Already too many bad losses by the Bills. They'd have to go 5-0 the rest of the way and Allen would need monster numbers these last 5 games AND Brady would have to have many poor outings. Just not happening.

4-1 would do it

Disagree. I would say some fans can't see reality smacking them in the face.

What reality? 

7 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

You don't see that they are in a tailspin? McDermott is being exposed.

Regardless, QB's that win MVP are usually not from "in the hunt" teams.

Already too many bad losses by the Bills. They'd have to go 5-0 the rest of the way and Allen would need monster numbers these last 5 games AND Brady would have to have many poor outings. Just not happening.

Silly.  Many of the teams vying for playoff spots will lose games/have to play one another.  The Cheaters lose to the Colts next weekend and the division is right there.

12 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Has a QB with 5-7 losses ever won MVP? Something tells me no. But I have not done the reasearch.

I suspect non-QB's can win the award with that many losses, but not QB.

No reason to research beyond five losses. There’s no way he’ll win it if the bills don’t win out. Win out and he still got a chance.

Part of the equation is that the bills and Allen would have to end up with a number one seed in the AFC. That’s not happening if the bills don’t win out.

He’s obviously not a shoe in if the bills win out and have the number one seed but it does leave the door open.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Has a QB with 5-7 losses ever won MVP? Something tells me no. But I have not done the reasearch.

I suspect non-QB's can win the award with that many losses, but not QB.

Matt Ryan won it in 2016 on an 11-5 Atlanta team.

If Buffalo loses 2 more, he's not getting it.  With the added game this season and with general mediocrity across the NFL, he can afford to go 4-1 and still be very much in the running.

And contrary to what you said earlier, Brady doesn't need to fall apart.  Right now Josh has 200 fewer total yards and 6 TDs fewer than him.  They also have the same number of Turnovers.

He's not that far behind the GOAT right now.  And if Buffalo wins in a head to head matchup this weekend and Josh plays well, that probably goes a long way for him.

44 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Matt Ryan won it in 2016 on an 11-5 Atlanta team.

If Buffalo loses 2 more, he's not getting it.  With the added game this season and with general mediocrity across the NFL, he can afford to go 4-1 and still be very much in the running.

And contrary to what you said earlier, Brady doesn't need to fall apart.  Right now Josh has 200 fewer total yards and 6 TDs fewer than him.  They also have the same number of Turnovers.

He's not that far behind the GOAT right now.  And if Buffalo wins in a head to head matchup this weekend and Josh plays well, that probably goes a long way for him.

Yup.  And Brady has far better offensive talent and coaching than Josh does. 

Allen was a no call on Diggs on the Bills final regulation possession away from being the leader in the MVP race.

But now he is officially out. Even if the Bills somehow win out and get the #1 seed I just can't see him winning over some sort of combination of Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Jonathan Taylor or Kyler Murray. Yeah it's unfair the team Brady has around him but at this point can't see him not winning. They will want to give it to him because of his age too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.