Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

9 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I agree.   I havent checked the exact stats, but it seems like interceptions are way up.   If you look at the top 5 QBs in terms of passing TDs they all have double digit INTs.  That hasnt happened since 2013.     I think you're seeing that defenses have adjusted to offenses throwing the ball so much, lots of nickel, and smart offenses have started running the ball more.     May be seeing the decline of the throw first offense.

Right now my vote would be for Taylor.  Guy, along with his offensive line, won the Pats game.   Wentz was tragic.   A few years back I couldnt imagine a team winning a football game where their QB threw for less than 80 yards.

So true. So much for this being a pass crazy dominated league. You're going to see more teams return to balanced offenses. 

3 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea by definition he’s the mvp without question but it’s a stats first award so he has no chance 

He should win it if for no other reason then he's got one of the worst OL's in the NFL.

3 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea by definition he’s the mvp without question but it’s a stats first award so he has no chance 

Remember last year how everyone in unison wanted to give Rodgers the MVP over Allen because he had "no help". Now it's all about the stats. 

Funny how that all changes when it's a Bills player. 

"It's a big old club, and we're not in it!" 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Remember last year how everyone in unison wanted to give Rodgers the MVP over Allen because he had "no help". Now it's all about the stats. 

Funny how that all changes when it's a Bills player. 

"It's a big old club, and we're not in it!" 

If the stats were somewhat comparable josh would have a good chance but he’s got so many factors out of his control working against him this year with the weather and terrible offensive line and whatnot. I have no doubt replacing josh with a JAG at qb would be way more devastating to the bills than doing the same for any other player on any team would be 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

19 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Fitzpatrick was more than a JAG but some cannot see that.  Not top 10 but what some teams need when QB has to put everything on line for team to have any success.  He and Stevie connected for both were backups practicing with each other and both were very intelligent with Fitzpatrick understanding how Stevie saw field and adjusted route to be at points on route where Fitzpatrick would know he would be without throwing precise routes.  Wish they had better supporting players.

Andre Reed did a lot of dirty work and this cost him a lot of yards.

You got fooled by the Fitzmagic.

On 10/19/2021 at 12:14 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

Tonight SUCKED!!!

Biggest thing that sucked about it was that 2 things we all probably recently thought we fixed proved they still need plenty of attention: Defense and OL.

But even in a loss, Allen was excellent. The interception was partially on him because he should have thrown it earlier or sensed the pressure... but even that might be a little unfair.

Overall he came up with clutch play after clutch play. Heck I knew he'd drive the team down the field at the end of the 4th; even though he didn't do that a lot last season (he didn't really have to), he led the league in 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives through his first 2 years.

Daboll just made--and yes, hindsight is 20/20--a bad call to end the game. (I also think he stuck with the run game just a little too much... but I understand the reason for it). I loved that playcall by Daboll, but only if he makes sure Allen has it in his back pocket for situations just like that last play.

And frankly, that's the last hurdle I believe this team needs to get over... mastering situational football. I've said it several times, but 3rd or 4th and short with a giant QB like Allen should be a no brainer run to the line QB sneak or fake QB sneak. Just freaking do it already! Brady made a career doing that!

Regardless, as upset as I am about that loss (and I am!!!), Josh has really come into form after a fairly rough start to the season.

Oh... and let’s all just remember the heartbreaking road loss this team suffered right before their bye last season and the thrashing we put on teams after.

Yeah... I envision Josh and the team stewing over this loss and coming out angry to finish the season.

Lord help you Miami...

Who thought the lines were fixed?? 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Who thought the lines were fixed?? 

Lol I swear if we weren’t missing two guys on the offensive line seeming every game our offensive line would be slightly below average rather than horrible 😂 dline is an odd situation we don’t have any standouts but we have good depth so we end up starting to win some of the trench battle late in the game when the opposing offensive line starts to gas 

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Lol I swear if we weren’t missing two guys on the offensive line seeming every game our offensive line would be slightly below average rather than horrible 😂 dline is an odd situation we don’t have any standouts but we have good depth so we end up starting to win some of the trench battle late in the game when the opposing offensive line starts to gas 

The Oline hasnt been good since McDermott's first year and signing the same guys who couldn't run block and weren't good at pass blocking last year was a huge mistake.

ALso the main problem with the Dline wasnt addressed either. We couldn't stop the run but we went after passrushers , who haven't been great at that yet (hoping they will) and still cant stop the run.

Next offseason we MUST upgrade the interior of both lines with big nasty players.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

The Oline hasnt been good since McDermott's first year and signing the same guys who couldn't run block and weren't good at pass blocking last year was a huge mistake.

ALso the main problem with the Dline wasnt addressed either. We couldn't stop the run but we went after passrushers , who haven't been great at that yet (hoping they will) and still cant stop the run.

Next offseason we MUST upgrade the interior of both lines with big nasty players.

Totally agree I think they were betting on one of their dline picks developing into a home run and it just hasn’t worked out that way.  Offensive line should definitely be better than what we’re seeing but yea you’re right they were never gonna be good even in ideal circumstances. They def kind of alienated josh to spend capital on the dline…figured he’s got the physical ability to make it work if his oline was just decent but they’ve been much worse than decent lol dline is ahead of last year but they’re certainly not getting the returns on all they invested into it

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Totally agree I think they were betting on one of their dline picks developing into a home run and it just hasn’t worked out that way.  Offensive line should definitely be better than what we’re seeing but yea you’re right they were never gonna be good even in ideal circumstances. They def kind of alienated josh to spend capital on the dline…figured he’s got the physical ability to make it work if his oline was just decent but they’ve been much worse than decent lol dline is ahead of last year but they’re certainly not getting the returns on all they invested into it

Just imagine how good Josh would be with the colts line.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Just imagine how good Josh would be with the colts line.

He’d be unstoppable…there’s really no answer when a team is getting home with 4 pass rushers consistently…it is crazy that he’s still been successful this year despite that being the case pretty much every week.  It feels like we’ve run the gauntlet of scary front sevens this season also…even the bad opponents we’ve played like Washington and Carolina and the saints missing their whole offense 

• Like (+1) 2

Now a lot can be blamed on the O-line/Daboll, but Josh simply doesn't have the stats for MVP.  Out of the top 10 passing yard leaders...

- Lowest YPA.

- Lowest completion rate.

- 2nd most INTs.

- 3rd lowest passer rating.

- 3rd lowest 1st down %.

- 3rd fewest 20 yard plays.

Even if you add his rushing totals, he's not clearing the lists for yards or TDs.  Objectively he is a top 5 QB and will be for a long time, but he's not getting the help to make a bid.

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

If the stats were somewhat comparable josh would have a good chance but he’s got so many factors out of his control working against him this year with the weather and terrible offensive line and whatnot. I have no doubt replacing josh with a JAG at qb would be way more devastating to the bills than doing the same for any other player on any team would be 

I'm confused.

How are their stats not comparable? Josh has over 700 more yards and 2 TDS on the year than Rodgers.

Yep. He also has more turnovers. 

Okay... but Josh has a lot more yards.

Then start sprinkling in the fact that Rodgers has an actual run game with maybe the best 1-2 punch at RB and I don't understand how anyone could possibly say Josh isn't right up there at this point.

8 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

See above

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

Now a lot can be blamed on the O-line/Daboll, but Josh simply doesn't have the stats for MVP.  Out of the top 10 passing yard leaders...

- Lowest YPA.

- Lowest completion rate.

- 2nd most INTs.

- 3rd lowest passer rating.

- 3rd lowest 1st down %.

- 3rd fewest 20 yard plays.

Even if you add his rushing totals, he's not clearing the lists for yards or TDs.  Objectively he is a top 5 QB and will be for a long time, but he's not getting the help to make a bid.

Hunh...? :huh:

Josh Allen doesn't have the lowest completion rate in the NFL or the 3rd lowest passer rating or...

what drug are you on?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.