Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

If Allen were to win MVP at this point, we'd need to win out.

But today made it pretty damn clear that Allen is the MVP for the Bills... so much so that he has been forced to carry a team on his back much of this year.

And it's killing him.

Please get OL and RB help in the offseason! Please allow Daboll to find a HC elsewhere!

I think we're still making the playoffs... but if Allen were to win MVP now, I admit we need to win out.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think we're still making the playoffs... but if Allen were to win MVP now, I admit we need to win out.

We needed to win out before this game. He's toast now. Either Rodgers or Brady will win it. Brady should be the clear front runner and he'll win it barring some terrible collapse by the Bucs in which case it would be Rodgers to lose. And probably Murray after him even despite the 3 or 4 games missed. Didn't Brady win MVP the year he was suspended for four games? Murray could certainly get back in it if the Cardinals finish with the best records in the league.

17 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

We needed to win out before this game. He's toast now. Either Rodgers or Brady will win it. Brady should be the clear front runner and he'll win it barring some terrible collapse by the Bucs in which case it would be Rodgers to lose. And probably Murray after him even despite the 3 or 4 games missed. Didn't Brady win MVP the year he was suspended for four games? Murray could certainly get back in it if the Cardinals finish with the best records in the league.

Brady is the frontrunner. Allen is still on his heels even with today's loss.

We've established it's not given to the best player on the team with the best record. 

Murray won't get it because his team proved they could win without him in the multiple games he missed. It truly probably is down to Brady, Rodgers or Allen at this point. And Allen needs to win out.

With this team, I'd never bet we win out. But Allen proved he's still in this conversation today.

5 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

6 losses now, this MVP talk is over. 

Doesn't matter that it's 6 losses. That's not how this works.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We've established it's not given to the best player on the team with the best record. 

No. But you need to be close. And look at what happened this week. Rodgers and Brady both won and Allen loss. Rodgers won throwing 4 TDs and Brady won over Allen. Allen isn't coming back from that. I'd expect his odds of winning to drop dramatically whenever it is they redo them. Murray can definitely still win it.

11 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

No. But you need to be close. And look at what happened this week. Rodgers and Brady both won and Allen loss. Rodgers won throwing 4 TDs and Brady won over Allen. Allen isn't coming back from that. I'd expect his odds of winning to drop dramatically whenever it is they redo them. Murray can definitely still win it.

Brady didn’t win over Allen…the qbs don’t play against each other like that. If the two qbs switched teams the josh Allen buccaneers would’ve obliterated us 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Close? Brady and the Patriots were 14-2 in 2016 when Matt Ryan won MVP for the 11-5 Falcons.

And there were 3 or 4 other teams also with better records.

Allen isn't coming back from what? A Herculean performance on National TV? This isn't given out after week 14. But we all saw what happened this week, including Allen’s fantastic performance.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Close? Brady and the Patriots were 14-2 in 2016 when Matt Ryan won MVP for the 11-5 Falcons.

And there were 3 or 4 other teams also with better records.

Allen isn't coming back from what? A Herculean performance on National TV? This isn't given out after week 14. But we all saw what happened this week, including Allen’s fantastic performance.

So 2016 was the year Brady missed 4 games. That would explain Ryan winning it at 11-5. But let’s remember best the Bills can do now is 11-6. There is no way he is passing both when both will be on better teams and have better numbers and one won the head to head. 

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t think the head to head record of mvp candidates matters at all…Brady will likely win it but that won’t be the reason. 

At a minimum overall record factors largely into the MVP award. It’s rare that it goes to a quarterback not on one of the best teams. And when talking about a head to head it’s at minimum a two game difference since one team wins and one team loses. So for that reason alone it’s a big deal.

6 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

So 2016 was the year Brady missed 4 games. That would explain Ryan winning it at 11-5. But let’s remember best the Bills can do now is 11-6. There is no way he is passing both when both will be on better teams and have better numbers and one won the head to head. 

Josh is probably not winning it but if it were truly judged based upon importance to the team, I'm not sure there is someone who means more to their team than Josh. IMO, Josh is at a minimum a top 3 player in this league. The guy is unbelievable, especially with how terrible the O-line is. Watching that game yesterday, you have to be disgusted with the amount of time Brady had vs. what Josh was dealing with and Josh played better than Brady did. 

• Agree 1

To me the MVP is the player who if you were to insert him on any other team would have the greatest impact in the teams performance. Mahomes in Buffalo? No Tyreek, No Kelce no thanks. Tom “Statue” Brady with zero line and no running game? No. Aaron Injured Rodgers? No. I can’t think of a single QB outside of Lamar Jackson who could make this inept Bills offense go. That said Allen is not playing at near 2020 MVP level. The clutch throw to Kroft vs the Rams seems forever ago. That said the lack of RZ is real and do in part to lack of a tall dominant target like a Mike Evans 6’5” or the rookie TE Kyle Pitts. You need OL talent and powerful speed rusher to score in the RZ via the rush. The Bills have none of that. 

You put Allen in Tampa which could have happened in 2018 this is a different outcome. I’d be willing to bet Allen would be in the MVP talk if he were on a better team.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

5 times actually if we take away the kneel downs in a couple of those games.

He ran for 100 yards in 3 consecutive games his rookie year. That may have been a record. Not sure.

6 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

To me the MVP is the player who if you were to insert him on any other team would have the greatest impact in the teams performance. Mahomes in Buffalo? No Tyreek, No Kelce no thanks. Tom “Statue” Brady with zero line and no running game? No. Aaron Injured Rodgers? No. I can’t think of a single QB outside of Lamar Jackson who could make this inept Bills offense go. That said Allen is not playing at near 2020 MVP level. The clutch throw to Kroft vs the Rams seems forever ago. That said the lack of RZ is real and do in part to lack of a tall dominant target like a Mike Evans 6’5” or the rookie TE Kyle Pitts. You need OL talent and powerful speed rusher to score in the RZ via the rush. The Bills have none of that. 

You put Allen in Tampa which could have happened in 2018 this is a different outcome. I’d be willing to bet Allen would be in the MVP talk if he were on a better team.

Rodgers could still be that guy. Even injured.

I am still glad I went to that game despite being jobbed by the officials. Josh kept me interested and when he went full MVP mode it was probably the best individual performance I have seen at college or pro level live. The fact that Brady got closer to the MVP from that game and Josh further shows how bad the officiating was 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.