Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The more I watch this play the more I just want to call it a drop, plain and simple.  Diggs adjusted by turning around plenty early to have time to make that catch.  And he normally makes it.

Man I wish he did -_-

We all do!

That was a weird one.  Diggs had to change the direction he looked over his shoulder, that may have made it hard to "find" the ball in the air, and I just don't think he saw it until it hit him in the arm!

That was at night remember; I wonder what the background of his view looked like.  Was he looking at black night sky? Right into a stadium light? 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The more I watch this play the more I just want to call it a drop, plain and simple.  Diggs adjusted by turning around plenty early to have time to make that catch.  And he normally makes it.

Man I wish he did -_-

That was a difficult catch, the ball was moving all over the place. 

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

That was a difficult catch, the ball was moving all over the place. 

It's a ball Diggs normally catches.  And that was a money throw by Josh.

There were at least 5 drops in that game.  If only half of those are caught, Bills win.  Heck... if Diggs makes that catch that he normally makes, Bills win.

I'm over my Pats hangover.  I feel pretty good going into our week 16 matchup given that conditions won't be those once in a decade conditions for an NFL game.

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's a ball Diggs normally catches.  And that was a money throw by Josh.

There were at least 5 drops in that game.  If only half of those are caught, Bills win.  Heck... if Diggs makes that catch that he normally makes, Bills win.

I'm over my Pats hangover.  I feel pretty good going into our week 16 matchup given that conditions won't be those once in a decade conditions for an NFL game.

The Diggs catch is one thing but another one that gets very little pub was when they drove the field Beas dropped a pass right on his numbers on 3rd down that would have given them the ball inside the 10 instead they had to settle for a Bass Field Goal

Honestly I don’t know what more Josh can do for this team 

On 12/7/2021 at 3:23 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

I agree with this... but think what needs to be added is that last night our best player should have had a bunch  of designed runs mixed in.

Agree with all of this. I will add that as much as I don’t really like Daboll, I think McDermott is interfering with the offense and telling him to establish the run. It’s the wrong move. I agree that a team needs some balance and fear of the run but you can’t force it. They need to play with what they built. That’s passing. Not forcing Moss into a loss on first and goal every damn time and wasting a down. 

27 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Man I wish he did -_-

It’s a drop. Tough catch in those conditions but he was in position for the catch. He is paid to catch that. It wouldn’t have even been a circus catch. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Diggs catch is one thing but another one that gets very little pub was when they drove the field Beas dropped a pass right on his numbers on 3rd down that would have given them the ball inside the 10 instead they had to settle for a Bass Field Goal

Honestly I don’t know what more Josh can do for this team 

Yes.  That was another of the 5 passes I was thinking of that were dropped.  Also Knox dropped 2 and just got outmuscled in the EZ for what should have been a TD to win the game.

What Josh did in this game was pretty amazing.

So much went wrong for Buffalo in that game that doesn't normally go wrong (Bass missing a chip shot FG that would have made it so we only needed a FG rather than a TD to win it) that the game itself doesn't make me feel worse about Buffalo as a team.  However, I still truly wish Daboll called more--more than ZERO--designed runs for Allen.  

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Man I wish he did -_-

Honestly, we complete that pass or the scramble drill to Knox and that is a game for the history books.

• Agree 1

Just because that deep ball hit Diggs in the arm doesn't mean it should've been caught. The fact that Josh threw it perfectly and our best pass catcher couldn't even locate it due to how far the wind moved it tells you it never should've been called in the first place. 

God forbid we incorporate a few easy throws over the middle in place of ineffective runs, throws to the sideline, and deep balls that look like hook shots around trees.  

Edited by VW82

3 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Just because that deep ball hit Diggs in the arm doesn't mean it should've been caught. The fact that Josh threw it perfectly and our best pass catcher couldn't even locate it due to how far the wind moved it tells you it never should've been called in the first place. 

God forbid we incorporate a few easy throws over the middle in place of ineffective runs, throws to the sideline, and deep balls that look like hook shots around trees.  

We did have those throws... but they were dropped.

These are NFL WRs and TEs paid millions to catch the ball... so CATCH THE DAMN BALL!!!

Or catch the damn game winner!!!

Edited by transplantbillsfan

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

These are NFL WRs and TEs paid millions to catch the ball... so CATCH THE DAMN BALL!!!

Are you alleging that the drops happened because they were in the middle of the field? 

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm alleging that you're claiming there were no easy throws sprinkled in when there were... ala Knox's first drop.

Josh whiffed on a crossing route in the first half as well. We can point to these plays in the first half on one hand. Bills didn't lose because of WR drops. That tweet you shared above alleging Knox dropped the ball for the win wasn't a drop. 

Edited by VW82

29 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Josh whiffed on a crossing route in the first half as well. We can point to these plays in the first half on one hand. Bills didn't lose because of WR drops. That tweet you shared above alleging Knox dropped the ball for the win wasn't a drop. 

Part of the reason the Bills lost is because of WR drops.  In a tight game you can point to a few plays anywhere in the game and blame that.  Thats what tight games come down to.  A few plays that made a difference.  We lost because Breida fumbled.  We lost because of at least 3 or 4 occasions the WR didn't make the play.  We lost because Josh missed a few.  We lost because McD/Daboll insist on banging Moss for no gain every time we get in the red zone even though it has never worked.  We lost because McD chose to go for a low percentage FG that still wouldn't have put the team ahead instead of trying for a TD.  We lost because McD wasted two timeouts.

Any of those things change and a loss becomes a win.  Blame what you want personally but it could be any of them.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Part of the reason the Bills lost is because of WR drops.  In a tight game you can point to a few plays anywhere in the game and blame that.  Thats what tight games come down to.  A few plays that made a difference.  We lost because Breida fumbled.  We lost because of at least 3 or 4 occasions the WR didn't make the play.  We lost because Josh missed a few.  We lost because McD/Daboll insist on banging Moss for no gain every time we get in the red zone even though it has never worked.  We lost because McD chose to go for a low percentage FG that still wouldn't have put the team ahead instead of trying for a TD.  We lost because McD wasted two timeouts.

Any of those things change and a loss becomes a win.  Blame what you want personally but it could be any of them.

This is fair. Blaming the loss on any one thing is misguided. Lots went into it. 

My counter would be that fumbles and drops tend to happen more in poor weather. Same with inaccurate passes. Bad game plans, play calling, and decision making shouldn't happen because of weather. Maybe it was because we went against the GOAT that it stood out more. It was the same thing in AFC Championship game last year. Our coaching staff had an uncharacteristically bad day.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I wouldn't call that a drop. It doesn't seem like you're taking the conditions into account. It was a bad play call. 

It's a drop.  Diggs was turned around for awhile... it's not like he had to turn at the last minute. That was a pass that was as much in his bucket as you could have gotten on that night.

I bet Diggs would tell you he should have caught it.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's a drop.  Diggs was turned around for awhile... it's not like he had to turn at the last minute. That was a pass that was as much in his bucket as you could have gotten on that night.

I bet Diggs would tell you he should have caught it.

How far are you willing to take this logic? Let's say the pass was tipped and bounced off seven different players before hitting Diggs in the arm as he was turning his head to locate the ball. Would it have been a drop then?  

Maybe it wasn't a great idea to throw a 60 yard bomb in howling wind in the first place. 

Edited by VW82

Or how about a few more @VW82

scroll to minute 4:30 in the highlights.  At 5:30 left in the first half going against the wind Josh has a 3rd and 19 from the 50 and throws an on target throw to Knox at the 20... at the very least at the fringe of a FG attempt even in that wind.  DROP.

Or 6:30 into the video on a 3rd down Allen rolls right and throws a catchable ball to Beas to get inside the 10.

And just rewatch that pass on 3rd and long to Knox.  All he has to do is come back for the ball so that the defender can't even make a play on the ball.  And even with the defender making the play, he still could have caught it.

Knox's first drive-killing drop isn't even in there.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Or catch the damn game winner!!!

Umm he didn’t drop it, it was actually broken up by Phillips.  (It was obvious when they showed the closeup) Also he didn’t string arm the Pat defender he back tracked faster and he missed him..  also Knox was  covered.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.