Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

On 12/13/2021 at 11:36 AM, FireChans said:

Great enough performance to lose close. This team can’t finish and that includes Allen.

Something is wrong with this team this year.  Last year they won games when they had the ball on the final drive.  This year not so much.  

We had the ball and in the red zone against Tampa,  Titans,  Patriots and Jaguars and we still lost.   TDs on all those drives inside the redzone and we win those games.  Josh Allen has to take some blame for that.   

7 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Something is wrong with this team this year.  Last year they won games when they had the ball on the final drive.  This year not so much.  

We had the ball and in the red zone against Tampa,  Titans,  Patriots and Jaguars and we still lost.   TDs on all those drives inside the redzone and we win those games.  Josh Allen has to take some blame for that.   

The inability to run the ball inside the 20 is the biggest problem. When your only backfield threat inside the red zone is your QB you can pretty much run blitz

to get the ball out of his hands and force other guys to make a play and in a bunch of those games they haven’t see Dawson Knox against the Pats. 

I also want to post this and direct everyone to minute 47

My only reason is that Chris Simms here breaks down a play that was a sack that I honestly thought was Allen’s fault. But just in slowing down and watching the play from behind, you can clearly see Spencer Brown simply didn't change his blocking assignment after Allen audibled. 

As I watched I admit to screaming at the TV to Allen asking how he could have missed that. He didn't. He trusted his protection.

Interesting microcosm of the complexity of the whole blame game we always play.

Also, every time he whiffs like that, Spencer Brown's new nickname is Esther :lol:

8 hours ago, ganesh said:

Play calling is the biggest issue. Daboll crumbles when he has to call plays inside the 20's - his offense relies on space and there isnt any down there. Sure, JA has missed some open guys but Daboll isnt putting his guys in positions to succeed. 

11 minutes ago, Frostbite said:

Play calling is the biggest issue. Daboll crumbles when he has to call plays inside the 20's - his offense relies on space and there isnt any down there. Sure, JA has missed some open guys but Daboll isnt putting his guys in positions to succeed. 

No idea why we don't run more slants in the red zone.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Allen was the best player on the field on either team in that Bucs game and it wasn't particularly close.

I love Allen just as much as the next Bills fan and there is no question Allen had an amazing second half, but not close? Id say Devin White, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and, yes, even Brady (as much as it pains me to say) had damn good games. White in particular seemed to be involved in just about every big defensive play for them. 

Allen is amazing, and the thought that we have him for the next decade + is SUPER exciting, but that Bucs roster is loaded. 

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

No idea why we don't run more slants in the red zone.

This. If you want to be able to run in the end zone you've got to be able to throw in the middle of the endzone. This will/would create hesitant LBs when it comes to the run/play action

• Agree 1

On 12/14/2021 at 3:53 AM, Dr.Sack said:

To me the MVP is the player who if you were to insert him on any other team would have the greatest impact in the teams performance. Mahomes in Buffalo? No Tyreek, No Kelce no thanks. Tom “Statue” Brady with zero line and no running game? No. Aaron Injured Rodgers? No. I can’t think of a single QB outside of Lamar Jackson who could make this inept Bills offense go. That said Allen is not playing at near 2020 MVP level. The clutch throw to Kroft vs the Rams seems forever ago. That said the lack of RZ is real and do in part to lack of a tall dominant target like a Mike Evans 6’5” or the rookie TE Kyle Pitts. You need OL talent and powerful speed rusher to score in the RZ via the rush. The Bills have none of that. 

You put Allen in Tampa which could have happened in 2018 this is a different outcome. I’d be willing to bet Allen would be in the MVP talk if he were on a better team.

Allen's stats compared to last year thru 13 games are nearly identical...in fact he is averaging a little under 5 yards more per game this year than he was last year.

What stands out the most is how much more efficient he is running the ball this year...YPC is way up over last year.

image.thumb.png.7333db7a7337a1eacab67b68547db760.png

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Frostbite said:

Absolutely.

His running schemes inside the redzone is terrible.  We always go backwards.  1st and goal is now 2nd and goal from the 12.

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to Allen makes strong case for MVP in losing effort: 65.2% comp %, 35 TDs, 14 TOs, 95.4 Passer Rating, 306 YPG (Panthers game talk page 27 on)

The best development to me today is a relevant running game with Singletary. The 2nd best development is the continuing development of Gabriel Davis.

We still needed heroics from Allen today, but he didn't quite need to carry the team like normal.

The reality here for doubters is that if we beat the Patriots next week and Allen plays really well, he's probably in a very tight 2 or 3 way race for the MVP to finish the season.

But obviously all of us would prefer SB MVP over regular season MVP... so let's hope this team just found a little more identity running the football.

• Like (+1) 1

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to Another notch in the case for an MVP for Josh Allen: 65.2% comp %, 35 TDs, 14 TOs, 95.4 Passer Rating, 306 YPG (Panthers game talk page 27 on)
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.