Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

A loss + bad decision making.

Also, can't be using wind as an excuse, Beane specifically mentioned throwing in wind when he drafted Allen.

These types of weather games are why Allen is in Buffalo.

You only have to be better than the guy across the field playing in the same conditions. That still might mean below average to even poor numbers for the game.

it doesn’t mean Allen’s going to slice the ball through the wind and throw for 300+ yards and four touchdowns. It could simply mean not making the big mistakes and converting third downs. That would be defeating the wind.

Last year’s playoff game against the ravens was a pretty good example of Allen holding up in the wind while Lamar Jackson did not. Allen didn’t have a great numbers but he handled the conditions and got the W.

There's almost zero chance Josh has gaudy numbers tonight.  I expect he'll get a lot of yardage on the ground and might have a fairly low completion percentage.  But if he can limit his turnovers (I'm expecting he'll give it to the Pats once... hopefully not more) and is able to move the team down the field and get a few TDs, we win.

If we win in a game like that... even an ugly one... he jumps to the front.

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

he's still in it despite the loss. but there is no room for error now. Bills HAVE TO win out. I think some were afraid he might have a disaster of a game. quite the opposite for Allen tonight but unfortunately his team might be garbage. 

Wtf are you talking about. He has zero chance. This team is a dud and he can’t overcome that, he hasn’t overcome it all year. When was the last time we won a close game on Allen’s back? 

enough of the nonsense.

As weird as it sounds Allen was pretty darn good in this game. Anyone who thinks this game takes him out of the MVP running is a moron.

Blatant tropical storm force winds. At least 3 dropped passes including one that should've been a long TD. Constant horrible calls by refs. The one TO in the game by Breida, not him.

Our idiot OC is doing more to take Allen out of the running than Allen himself.

As others have said... next week and in New England.

Show up and hope weather isn't a factor because our coaches aren't smart enough to account for weather 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Wtf are you talking about. He has zero chance. This team is a dud and he can’t overcome that, he hasn’t overcome it all year. When was the last time we won a close game on Allen’s back? 

enough of the nonsense.

I didn't say he's going to. just that he's still in it mathematically. You may feel the Bills have zero chance of winning out. I'd disagree. Odds are slim yes. But not zero. And winning out would put him firmly in the conversation. His numbers overall are good after all. I'm simply pointing out that three is NO ROOM for error now in terms of the win/loss column. That is an extreme up hill battle. But before this game even kicked off there was always the possibility Allen could go 2-1 in the three games that matter the most (NE x2 and Tampa Bay) and be very much in the MVP conversation. So what difference does it make if that split is win-loss-win or loss-win-win or win-win-loss?

You coming in here and apparently mocking this thread and Allen. Okay. Good job.? Glad you are getting your kicks. 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

enough of the nonsense.

I will dismiss this as a drunk post, because it belies what Allen is and has been throughout his career.

Coaches need to get better.

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

enough of the nonsense.

You’re blaming Allen? Like seriously he’s basically a one man offense 

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I will dismiss this as a drunk post, because it belies what Allen is and has been throughout his career.

Coaches need to get better.

They don’t give MVP’s out based on what you’ve done through your career.

If you don’t win your division, don’t have the close wins, don’t have the numbers and don’t have the team, YOU DONT WIN MVP.

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

They don’t give MVP’s out based on what you’ve done through your career.

If you don’t win your division, don’t have the close wins, don’t have the numbers and don’t have the team, YOU DONT WIN MVP.

Yep. And they don't give out the MVP after 12 games and there's five more games to go. Teams do go on 5 game winning streaks. It's not like...impossible. And a 5 game winning streak would still give the Bills the division and the current division leader is the #1 seed. So do the math.

That said, do I like our odds to win next week in Tampa Bay? No, not at all. 

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to MVP race after wild windy game: 65.7% comp %, 28 TDs, 12 TOs, 97.5 Passer Rating, 7.3 YPA (Pats game talk page 21 on)
1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

As weird as it sounds Allen was pretty darn good in this game. Anyone who thinks this game takes him out of the MVP running is a moron.

Blatant tropical storm force winds. At least 3 dropped passes including one that should've been a long TD. Constant horrible calls by refs. The one TO in the game by Breida, not him.

Our idiot OC is doing more to take Allen out of the running than Allen himself.

As others have said... next week and in New England.

Show up and hope weather isn't a factor because our coaches aren't smart enough to account for weather 

the force awakens GIF by Star Wars

15 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I had higher expectations for ESPN's QBR for this game for Allen. This one was definitely a W for the anti QBR crusaders'. 

Mac Jones QBR 4.3 (84.0 passer rating)

Josh Allen QBR 20.4 (75.0 passer rating)

Really, Jones QBR should be like a N/A. But 20 QBR for Allen really? 

84 passer rating hahaha these stats are broken 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.