Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

Steve Young has the most 300 yard passing + 50 yard rushing games ever with 8 in his 15 year career. Josh has 3 in his last 11 games and all were against teams that are currently seated to make the playoffs(KC, TB & NE). But he's not a Pro Bowler? 

This might end up being the best thing to happen to the Bills this year, Allen playing pissed off with a chip on his shoulder.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

4 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Steve Young has the most 300 yard passing + 50 yard rushing games ever with 8 in his 15 year career. Josh has 3 in his last 11 games and all were against teams that are currently seated to make the playoffs(KC, TB & NE). But he's not a Pro Bowler? 

This might end up being the best thing to happen to the Bills this year, Allen playing pissed off with a chip on his shoulder.

I hope he is still pissed off for the next 6 games in this year.  Go Bills !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Supposedly not near the top 2 for the mvp discussion according to oddsmakers which is a bit surprising..I could be looking at pre pats game though which doesn’t help…last I saw he was +830

Are you saying that Josh's performance against the Cheaters won't help his MVP bid/odds?

13 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

It’s really only ever been a QB or RB/FB. 

Since 2000 it’s been… AP won in 2012. LT in 2006. Alexander in 2005. Faulk in 2000. 

Alan Page in 1971 was a DT. Mark Moseley in 1982 was a kicker. Lawrence Taylor in 1986 at OLB. Those are the only non-QB or non-RB. 

In every single one of those years a QB was absolutely robbed. If a non-QB ever wins MVP again it'll be too soon.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Augie said:

It would be interesting if it went to a player who was not a QB. When’s the last time that happened? (I heard it recently but don’t recall.) 

Rodgers may be an arrogant, self centered jerk, but he’s been CRAZY good. 

Regardless, I’d MUCH rather have Josh win the SUPER BOWL MVP! 

In Rodgers defense, he has always been an arrogant, see centered jerk, it's just people are noticing now lol.

I'm a huge Rodgers fan and he probably deserves it. The only non QB that had a chance IMO was Henry. 

Maybe Josh has a chance but idk, seems like popularity won't allow it. 

12 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

In Rodgers defense, he has always been an arrogant, see centered jerk, it's just people are noticing now lol.

I'm a huge Rodgers fan and he probably deserves it. The only non QB that had a chance IMO was Henry. 

Maybe Josh has a chance but idk, seems like popularity won't allow it. 

Personally, I’ve always viewed him just as I do now, but a lot of people may have had their eyes opened this season. 

Some argue that his trying to skirt the Covid rules would hurt his MVP chances. I could play devil’s advocate and argue that helped to demonstrate his value, because WITH him I think they win that game. 

Rodgers (2020 MVP Season) - 16 Games

1st in TDs, Comp %, Rating and QBR

2nd in Int %

7th in yards

51 - Total Touchdowns

13-3 Record

Rodgers (2021 Season) -15 Games

1st in Int %, Rating and QBR

6th in TDs, Comp %
10th in Yards

36 - Total Touchdowns

12-2 Record

being 1st in Rating and QBR and a potential 14-2 record might again lock it down for Rodgers.

IMHO, Allen has had more of an MVP year this year than last. He has played behind an offensive line that has managed to have their top 5 players together in just 3 of 15 games this season, and their top 4 in just 5 of 15 games. The OL has been an absolute s*** show of musical chairs and subpar to awful performances. In spite of that and the fact this team has literally no running game to speak of, Allen is still 7th in passing yards, 3rd in TD passes, 3rd in fewest INTs, 4th in fewest sacks, 2nd in total yards, and 2nd in total TDs.

And he now seems to be on a mission. Over the last 3 games, against 3 of the better defenses in the NFL, Allen has 1,029 total yds, 9 TDs, and 2 INTs. If he keeps playing the way he has played since halftime of the Tampa Bay game, the only team that could stop the Bills from putting up 30-40 points per game -  is the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

Another bad luck circumstance for Allen's counting stats has been bad weather games. He must lead the league by a fair margin in bad weather games. I can't remember all of them, but

- Washington game was so windy they had an accidental onside kick that blew backwards.

- Texans game was a monsoon

- First Pats game was so bad Mac Jones wasn't allowed to throw

- The KC game had a super long delay at half time and I think the weather was pretty bad, but I can't remember

- Wasn't it very rainy for the Colts game and nobody could hold onto the ball? I remember the unforced kick return fumble.

Go down through the schedule and I don't believe there was a single game where Allen was not the best QB in the game. There are only 3 that aren't 100% clear: @Jags, Colts, and @Bucs.

And even in those I think Allen was the better QB. Kind of wild we don't have a better record with his level of play.

• Like (+1) 5

7 hours ago, Doc said:

Are you saying that Josh's performance against the Cheaters won't help his MVP bid/odds?

I wasn’t sure if the odds I was reading initially were updated post pats game but I think the +830 number is current. I think he was +2000 pre pats game.  Aaron rodgers is a big betting favorite still apparently.  NE game definitely helped his chances lol…I was not trying to say it didn’t 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Another bad luck circumstance for Allen's counting stats has been bad weather games. He must lead the league by a fair margin in bad weather games. I can't remember all of them, but

- Washington game was so windy they had an accidental onside kick that blew backwards.

- Texans game was a monsoon

- First Pats game was so bad Mac Jones wasn't allowed to throw

- The KC game had a super long delay at half time and I think the weather was pretty bad, but I can't remember

- Wasn't it very rainy for the Colts game and nobody could hold onto the ball? I remember the unforced kick return fumble.

Go down through the schedule and I don't believe there was a single game where Allen was not the best QB in the game. There are only 3 that aren't 100% clear: @Jags, Colts, and @Bucs.

And even in those I think Allen was the better QB. Kind of wild we don't have a better record with his level of play.

Great point. And this more then any other factor may explain why Allen's stats are just a little down from last year.

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Honestly, I just don’t see how anyone can not have Allen firmly at the top of the MVP race.  

I think it really should only be between Rodgers and Allen right now with Taylor 3rd.  

To me it is a really muddy year for MVP there is no clear and outstanding front runner for best player in the league. I think in the absolute purest meaning of the words.... the most valuable player to their team's success... it has to be either Josh Allen or Jonathan Taylor. Rodgers has had another excellent year but when I think of some of Green Bay's biggest wins this year the key in those has been the run game functioning at a high level. Take away Allen in Buffalo or Taylor in Indy and those offenses can't move the ball IMO.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

+1200…ridiculous.  Idk why rodgers is so far ahead

Rodgers has a better record, less turnovers and wins games without his best talent.

He's as efficient a QB as they come.

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Honestly, I just don’t see how anyone can not have Allen firmly at the top of the MVP race.  

I think it really should only be between Rodgers and Allen right now with Taylor 3rd.  

No Mahomes in there anywhere?  Or Brady?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.