Around the League Week 4

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Maybe the Jets coaching staff didn’t spend their days off prowling a college bar though. 

Well one was after the game and the other was before the game, either way, I think they both considered the day as a win.

• Like (+1) 1

If you look at the kick for the Titans, the holder spun the ball the wrong way and the laces were facing the kicker. Then the holder spun the ball the other way and the ball was moving to the left when it was kicked, and that's where the kick went. So that miss is solely on the holder. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Well one was after the game and the other was before the game, either way, I think they both considered the day as a win.

I suppose during football season there really is no after the game, it’s always before the game. 

Edited by SirAndrew

4 minutes ago, Draconator said:

If you look at the kick for the Titans, the holder spun the ball the wrong way and the laces were facing the kicker. Then the holder spun the ball the other way and the ball was moving to the left when it was kicked, and that's where the kick went. So that miss is solely on the holder. 

and Bojo plays for Green Bay!

17 minutes ago, Process said:

They play the bills Chiefs Rams 49ers and there are plenty of other games they could lose. They are not a contender for the 1 seed. 

Everybody plays games they could lose. Point is that overall they have easy schedule.

Right now it looks like 2nd easiest schedule overall after us. It is not remaining SOS, but it  stays the same once you remove games they already played.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

25 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

They are. They have as easy schedule as it gets. Obviously none of that matter if we beat them but it would be still nice if they'd lose.

They aren't. Their defense isn't good enough. You could say the same about KC but they have Mahomes not Tannehill. 

6 minutes ago, Muppy said:

will this be the pats-bucs game thread?

Thread is gonna be lit tonight!

Just now, SirAndrew said:

I’m waiting for Stafford to come back down to earth. I don’t wish him failure, but this narrative that he’s a great one who never had anyone to throw to in Detroit is a bit much. 

Hes pretty good man

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I’m waiting for Stafford to come back down to earth. I don’t wish him failure, but this narrative that he’s a great one who never had anyone to throw to in Detroit is a bit much. 

I don't think the narrative is that he had nobody to throw to in Detroit. It is that the organisation was a tire fire. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Thread is gonna be lit tonight!

Hes pretty good man

He’s good, and he wasn’t going to win games in Detroit, but he also had some good WR’s there. There’s just this popular narrative that he didn’t have anyone to throw to. Some of the failures on offense in Detroit were on him. He has all the physical tools, and is a good QB. Definitely a big upgrade over Goff, but I think McVay’s skills as an offensive coach are being vastly underrated. McVay was very successful with Goff, and an upgrade with Stafford is making the offense even better. 

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think the narrative is that he had nobody to throw to in Detroit. It is that the organisation was a tire fire. 

That’s fair. I’ve just seen several mentions of Stafford having no “supporting cast” in Detroit. Detroit is a mess without doubt. Stafford had no defense most of his time there. It was the organization’s fault that he couldn’t win. I also think it can be true that he played more subpar football more often than some want to admit. 

Edited by SirAndrew

6 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

He’s good, and he wasn’t going to win games in Detroit, but he also had some good WR’s there. There’s just this popular narrative that he didn’t have anyone to throw to. Some of the failures on offense in Detroit were on him. He has all the physical tools, and is a good QB. Definitely a big upgrade over Goff, but I think McVay’s skills as an offensive coach are being vastly underrated. McVay was very successful with Goff, and an upgrade with Stafford is making the offense even better. 

Yeah, Megatron wasn’t too shabby.

Still not overly impressed with Stafford.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

He’s good, and he wasn’t going to win games in Detroit, but he also had some good WR’s there. There’s just this popular narrative that he didn’t have anyone to throw to. Some of the failures on offense in Detroit were on him. He has all the physical tools, and is a good QB. 

Sure, some were. But the majority of the failures in Detroit were on everything else. He was the best thing about that franchise for a decade. With an Andy Dalton or an Alex Smith type Quarterback for that decade the Lions would have been a perennial 2 or 3 win team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Sure, some were. But the majority of the failures in Detroit were on everything else. He was the best thing about that franchise for a decade. With an Andy Dalton or an Alex Smith type Quarterback for that decade the Lions would have been a perennial 2 or 3 win team.

That’s where I see it differently. Calvin Johnson was the best thing for that franchise, and without Johnson, Stafford would be viewed in a much different light. That’s where sports can be subjective in many ways. 

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Well yeah.

Put the two together and you get what you're seeing. McVay needs a QB like Stafford with the arm he had to run the offense he wants.

It should be a good year for them tbh

Block! In GB

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Well yeah.

Put the two together and you get what you're seeing. McVay needs a QB like Stafford with the arm he had to run the offense he wants.

It should be a good year for them tbh

arizona and murray making them look very beatable

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

It's super cool how when the Steelers block a punt against us, it's a TD, but when it happens v.s. Green Bay... Whelp... Different story ...

yea to call them Offside was by an inch at most.  Saved GB there.

10 point swing on that one play.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Rico said:

Yeah, Megatron wasn’t too shabby.

Still not overly impressed with Stafford.

That’s where I’m at. Stafford had the luxury of playing with an all time great in Megatron. Now he gets to play in the ultra QB friendly system of McVay. A system that people forget made Goff look pretty decent at times. I don’t know what to make of Stafford, but I know I wouldn’t be comfortable with him as my franchise QB. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

That’s where I see it differently. Calvin Johnson was the best thing for that franchise, and without Johnson, Stafford would be viewed in a much different light. That’s where sports can be subjective in many ways. 

I'd still say Stafford but you can make an argument that the first half of the decade it was Johnson. But he has been gone for 6 years. The Lions had as many winning seasons without Megatron as with him. The Lions always gave Stafford good receivers, Megatron and Burleson, Tate and Jones, Golladay. No question. But the organisation was a tire fire. Made bad coaching and GM decisions, awful roster decisions and the only reason they were not a 2 or 3 win team every year was Stafford. Hell Megatron played on an 0-16 team before Stafford got there. He had 1,000 yards and the team won 0 games. It was Stafford that made them competitive.

• Like (+1) 1