Around the League Week 4

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m a glass half full guy so for me it was a smack in the head to wake up and start dominating you’re opponents.  Three games later. Check!

Yep. I take it as a positive. They needed it apparently and it worked.

The Bills are fully awake at this time!

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He's been done. It happened with Rivers in the playoffs a few years ago, his arm just wasn't there. It doesn't really come back.

Not gonna lie. I wanted Ben when he came out. I was 100% that Nix was going to take him...until the Steelers did 

I can only imagine how that could have changed the Steelers and the Bills trajectories. 

7 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Yep. I take it as a positive. They needed it apparently and it worked.

The Bills are fully awake at this time!

Not gonna lie. I wanted Ben when he came out. I was 100% that Nix was going to take him...until the Steelers did 

I can only imagine how that could have changed the Steelers and the Bills trajectories. 

No big deal Baad, but Big Ben was drafted in 2004.  Tom Donahue was our GM.  They had the higher pick as you mentioned.  That was a bit before Boss Hogg’s reign.

4 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Kicker hurt in pre game punter would have had to kick it 

But they still needed to onside regardless.  If that 2 pointer didn’t work they would’ve been down 9, whereas the extra point would’ve kept them within one score at 8.  Doesn’t matter, they made the 2 pointer, and the onside didn’t work.

Just now, HurlyBurly51 said:

But they still needed to onside regardless.  If that 2 pointer didn’t work they would’ve been down 9, whereas the extra point would’ve kept them within one score at 8.  Doesn’t matter, they made the 2 pointer, and the onside didn’t work.

Right. Your math checks out but I don't think they trusted the kick. It's a 31 yarder with their punter. 

Just now, ROCBillsBeliever said:

How/Why did we lose to Puttsburp? They are, at best, a ten year old can of RC Cola that your weird uncle pissed on and left out in the sun for a month and change... 

I'd really hate to hear what they are at worst

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

One frustrating thing about watching the Steelers be terrible is knowing who the damn 1 is.

If not for the phantom illegal contact on Tre we win no question. It was a game changing bs call. A spread buster. That’s why they threw it. 

13 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

How/Why did we lose to Puttsburp? They are, at best, a ten year old can of RC Cola that your weird uncle pissed on and left out in the sun for a month and change... 

Who knows why.  It happened and maybe it was a blessing.  Would be nice to just keep winning week after week after that start at home!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, y2zipper said:

Bridgewater has a concussion and Lock is in for Denver so the Broncos are probably done here.

Jackson looks good but I'm not convinced the surrounding talent on Baltimore is good enough. This may turn into a bit of a convincing performance, though.

Watching that play, and I am again dumbfounded as to why the NFL does not eject and suspend players for helmet-to-helmet hits, like in the college game.

Why? Because the NFL really does not care as much as they say they do, about making it safer for the players. 

With regards to Pitt. Allen missed a couple shots to put them away in the first. WRs dropped some catches. Phantom PI on Tre for the INT in the 2nd half and then the single worst playcall of Dabol's career on 4th and 1. Pitt WRs making some circus catches. A lot had to go right with the Steelers and wrong for the Bills for the Steelers to win that game.

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

One frustrating thing about watching the Steelers be terrible is knowing who the damn 1 is.

We didn't protect the QB 

We didn't have good play calling on offense

We didn't have. good QB play on that day

Oh and BTW, there was a blocked punt returned for TD and that was the difference in score.

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Buffalo is obviously the much better team, but that's the dumbest argument I've heard in a while. Buffalo had the same amount of time to prepare as Pittsburgh did.

So I was at the Jets-Titans game yesterday and two things stood out with the Titans. Their defense isn't that good at all. Wilson was making some big plays especially in the 2nd half. The Jets scored 27 points. Let that sink in for a moment. This is a team that scored 20 points in the first 3 games combined. Also the Titans OL line is terrible in pass blocking. The Jets had 6 sacks and were in Tannehill's face all day long. To be fair the Titans were without their top 2 WR's but I would be surprised if the Bills don't beat them in two weeks. The Bills defense is playing like they were 2 years ago and Allen should be able to hit on a bunch of big plays against their defense. Henry had his usual good game 33 carries 157 yards but that was about the only good thing the Titans had. You don't realize how big he is until you see him in person. Its like trying to tackle Godzilla out there.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 1