Around the League Week 4

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

That’s where I’m at. Stafford had the luxury of playing with an all time great in Megatron. Now he gets to play in the ultra QB friendly system of McVay. A system that people forget made Goff look pretty decent at times. I don’t know what to make of Stafford, but I know I wouldn’t be comfortable with him as my franchise QB. 

If I had to win one game, Stafford would be far down the list of QB’s I would want starting for me.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

That’s where I’m at. Stafford had the luxury of playing with an all time great in Megatron. Now he gets to play in the ultra QB friendly system of McVay. A system that people forget made Goff look pretty decent at times. I don’t know what to make of Stafford, but I know I wouldn’t be comfortable with him as my franchise QB. 

Jared Goff is "pretty decent". Not a top 10 Quarterback like Stafford, but pretty decent. He is playing pretty well on an awful team in Detroit. Blaming Quarterbacks for Lions failures misses the point.

Just now, BaaadThingsMan said:

Right but he'll still win 11 games as the Rams starter and make noise in the playoffs most likely 

Noise = stats? I’ll buy that.

Noise = wins? He’ll have to show me first.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

If I had to win one game, Stafford would be far down the list of QB’s I would want starting for me.

And that is fair, because his career history he has not shown he can win "the big game." He is still a top 10 Quarterback though and has been for a long time.

Just now, Rico said:

Noise = stats? I’ll buy that.

Noise = wins? He’ll have to show me first.

Noise meaning I think they can win if they play well and that means Stafford will have to make some plays most likely.

The defense will help. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And that is fair, because his career history he has not shown he can win "the big game." He is still a top 10 Quarterback though and has been for a long time.

He is one of the all time 4th quarter come back % I believe?

1 minute ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Noise meaning I think they can win if they play well and that means Stafford will have to make some plays most likely.

The defense will help. 

Hes 3rd 

"NFL Fourth Quarter Comebacks Active Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com" https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_active.htm

2 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Hes 3rd 

"NFL Fourth Quarter Comebacks Active Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com" https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_active.htm

Yep. He has a reputation for some reason as anti-clutch which is not true. He does, however, legitimately have a poor record against the top teams. That is partly on him playing for an awful franchise but until he changes that narrative it is a legit question.

4 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

The defense will help. 

Not in prime time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.turfshowtimes.com/platform/amp/2021/7/22/22588268/matthew-stafford-rams-schedule-lions-primetime

• Like (+1) 1

Bridgewater has a concussion and Lock is in for Denver so the Broncos are probably done here.

Jackson looks good but I'm not convinced the surrounding talent on Baltimore is good enough. This may turn into a bit of a convincing performance, though.