Around the League Week 4

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought I would be exhausted by the pats/Brady coverage all week but surprisingly I can’t get enough 🤣. ESPN Gameday is set up at foxborough and I just find it all pretty fascinating. 

I actually wish Gronk was playing tonight. 2 Brady to Gronk TDs would have been great😂😂😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I am surprised at my own similar reaction.  Living in the greater Tampa area, there is, of course, an extra layer of mostly "feel good, local rah rah, our team" type stuff.  That is what it is... but the larger national football narrative has really captured my attention.  It is one hell of a football story regardless of how we feel about the protagonists and antagonists, whoever we choose to place those hats on.  I look at like this...  I can choose to have one man leave happy, or an entire region and a fan base of obnoxious ****s, along with a gigantic jerk of a coach have a miserable and sour week.  Go Bucs!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

I am surprised at my own similar reaction.  Living in the greater Tampa area, there is, of course, an extra layer of mostly "feel good, local rah rah, our team" type stuff.  That is what it is... but the larger national football narrative has really captured my attention.  It is one hell of a football story regardless of how we feel about the protagonists and antagonists, whoever we choose to place those hats on.  I look at like this...  I can choose to have one man leave happy, or an entire region and a fan base of obnoxious ****s, along with a gigantic jerk of a coach have a miserable and sour week.  Go Bucs!

Gee, I wonder where you stand on this topic?🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought I would be exhausted by the pats/Brady coverage all week but surprisingly I can’t get enough 🤣. ESPN Gameday is set up at foxborough and I just find it all pretty fascinating. 

You’re a Sick Puppy, my friend

Was staying with some Pats fan friends and they were totally disgusted: “shut up already, it’s the Pats vs the Bucs not Brady vs Belichick”

I do grasp the “make the whole NE region sad” narrative but Pats fans seem fairly dispirited already.

Course that could change quickly if NE pulls off a win over the SB champs

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Was staying with some Pats fan friends and they were totally disgusted: “shut up already, it’s the Pats vs the Bucs not Brady vs Belichick”

If I was a pats fan I would feel the same way, but I’m not, so I don’t 😃

• Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I do grasp the “make the whole NE region sad” narrative but Pats fans seem fairly dispirited already.

Your words remind me of a column by the late great Larry Felser.  Early on during the 90's Super Bowl run, Larry cautioned readers and Bills fans that, and I paraphrase, "These are the golden years of Buffalo Bills football.  Enjoy them now.  They will gone in the blink of an eye".  

Pats fans now get to live the afterlife of that reality, just as Bills Mafia looks to hop back on that glory ride.  Let's hope our current ride lasts for many years.  I want to bask in it as unfolds.  Meanwhile... a little bit of schadenfreude for the fallen empire definitely feels soothing to the soul.  Their turn to lay down and bleed a while.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It'd be more fascinating if the Pats were a better team. Any given Sunday and all that but Brady isn't the kind of player to get nervy about a big game and I see him having his way pretty easy. I'll definitely watch but will be very surprised if it even goes the distance.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

All I heard is the Mortal Kombat voice here...FINISH HIMMMMM!!!

• Haha (+1) 2