9/12/2021 Steelers @ Bills Post Game thread

Chandler#81

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

@Chandler#81

@CSBill

@Sammy Watkins' Rib

Y'all still disagree about the empty backfield/5 wide approach turning your offense into dink-and-dunk?

@GunnerBill said he disagreed to an extent because in theory the Bills would have a matchup advantage against the extra DB's.........but as evidenced today the reality is that the lack of time to throw and the congestion of the field consistently negates the perceived "on paper" individual matchup edge.

We still had time to throw deep some. We missed on those shots. Not that I think the gameplan on offense made a lot of sense yesterday but I wouldn't say bin the 4 and 5 wides totally on the basis of that. It still has a place in what we do. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, TBBills said:

This seems like a "bad game" thing like you see in week 1 all the time especially yesterday. 

I don't see this as anything big, once October comes around no one will even remember week 1.

Fair enough… look at Green Bay and Tennessee yesterday.  

That said, this game took me from excited for the season to extremely anxious for this Miami game. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, SCBills said:

1st and Goal at the 10.   

Down 10.  

Still anyone’s game if we get a TD.  

Run. Run.  Pass to the RB in the flat.  

What the literal **** was this!? 

Josh Allen, these WR’s and Dawson Knox and we don’t make one throw, of our 5 billion throws, into the end zone in this moment of the game!??

Someone make this make sense. 

Singletary had like 46 yards on that drive by himself.

8 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Belichick scribbling notes as we speak. In a copycat league this is the kind of stuff that needs to be cleaned up no doubt. But during the Bills TD drive in particular it seemed like we had the Steelers on their heels with the pace of play call and forcing them to play out of their rhythm—included the 12 man penalty on that drive IIRC?

I don't think NE's defensive line is close to Pitt's. The closest we are going to see to that will be KC or Washington (Chase Young scares me). 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This game was lost because McDermott and company never value the running back.  A good game to watch is the cowboys vs eagles game on youtube in dallas back in 1992.  How important was Emmit Smith in that game when Troy Ackman could not hit the blind side of the barn and there special teams sucked emmit smith saved the day. But leslie Frazier just sucks his play calling next to McDermott play calling in the first half is the reason why McDermott should just call the plays not Frazier.

• Eyeroll 1

opposing fan thought: I wouldn't take too much from the Bills loss yesterday. The offense was just off. I woudn't expect Allen to play that bad next week. And i know we shouldnt make these kind of excuses for our team. But for me, the turning point was that pass inference called for the Steelers. That would of been 3 and out and stall their offense which still wasn't doing much at that point.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just super slo-mo'd the EZ shot of the punt block on GMFB - the guy who blocked it #28 just totally blew by Matakevich (who was lined up to the left of Ferguson) - #28 lined up straight across from Matakevich and at the snap got a little sideways and got initial leverage and just blew by him on the inside like he wasn't even there.  There was a Steeler who was looping from right to left towards Matakevich, it looks like he got Matakevich's attention for the millisecond he was "engaged" with #28 - which helped #28 blow through.  Jaquan Johnson was the protector on that side - not clear if Matakevich was thinking he was passing #28 over to Johnson - but unfortunately Johnson ran to the line first for the guy looping (who Matakevich was now blocking) and then the guy Ferguson was engaged with, and #28 had a clear path to the block.  It was a great effort/skill play by #28 - got there straight up the middle almost as fast as if there literally was no one blocking him (and took the ball off Haack's foot while positioning himself perfectly to avoid contact in case he missed it) - but definitely seems between Matakevich and Johnson one (or both) of them messed up. 

Edited by stevewin
  • Thank you (+1) 2

How great the steelers defense played the Bills played as good or better.  Buffalo won Time of possession, Total yards, passing yards, rushing yards, offense ran more plays.  1 turnover didn't make or break the game.  The penalties and 4th down decisions decided the football game.  The backwards pass, the not Offside but played like it was hurt.  Couple tweeks and Buffalo will be fine.