Media & practice 8/24

YoloinOhio

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

That seems closer to a warning than high praise to me

I'm still concerned that Butler is going to get the 'Carolina benefit of the doubt' and make this team over someone more deserving.

But realistically hopefully he's released or Beane works some trade magic with him.

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm still concerned that Butler is going to get the 'Carolina benefit of the doubt' and make this team over someone more deserving.

But realistically hopefully he's released or Beane works some trade magic with him.

I wanna watch Brandin Bryant more closely this week 

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon pinned this topic

I feel they hyped up Dane a touch too much, probably to give him the confidence he needed to claim CB2, but by all accounts the consistency just hasn’t been there this summer. It’s not likely we lucked up on a 6th round gem of a corner.

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I feel they hyped up Dane a touch too much, probably to give him the confidence he needed to claim CB2, but by all accounts the consistency just hasn’t been there this summer. It’s not likely we lucked up on a 6th round gem of a corner.

Yeah. I feel like Leslie just wants to keep motivating them both, but the dreaded fan eye test says Levi has the lead.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm still concerned that Butler is going to get the 'Carolina benefit of the doubt' and make this team over someone more deserving

There is literally NO evidence of that ever happening with this staff.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Anybody else think this Diggs injury is a farce?  He was out there today, no brace, no wrap, no compression sleeve...nothing.  I think they're just rewarding him with the extra time off.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Anybody else think this Diggs injury is a farce?  He was out there today, no brace, no wrap, no compression sleeve...nothing.  I think they're just rewarding him with the extra time off.

Or, more likely, he had a minor injury and they are being extra careful to make sure he is legitimately 100% ready for the regular season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Probably. After no preseason last year I could see teams holding out starters until the season starts. I remember when LT played for the Giants he was out with a "serious" injury during the preseason but "magically" was 100% ready for week 1.

4 minutes ago, eball said:

No, I think it was real.  It's possible to have a knee sprain that doesn't need a brace against ordinary activity.  I think in the season he might have braced/sleeved and played through it though.

5 minutes ago, eball said:

There's something to this but I don't know if I'd consider it a reward as much as the team protecting him from himself.

That child only has one gear.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

I think he was on track to be odd man out, but with Phillips injury, they are going to need him now, unfortunately.  

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Home opener isn't until Sept 12th. We got time for some of the injured to get healthy.

Hope McKenzie not too serious. If he has to miss time, clears the way for Stephenson. Both would need to make the 53 though. 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

A possibility, but no communication on that point.

This FO's motto is definitely "less is more" on the injury communication front, but with other guys they have said something.

Frazier said he was dinged