Chiefs = Paper Tigers

Dr. K

If the Chiefs are paper tigers, then the Bills are paper clips until proven otherwise.

The Bills are a really good team that got manhandled by the Chiefs last year.

The Bills still have a lot to prove, but I think they are  fully capable of taking the next step and slaying the KC dragon.

• 1 month later...

I said it in August. I'm not saying they aren't good, and won't right the ship, but they are vulnerable. The Bills can't say they're better until they beat the Chiefs, but the Chiefs are not invincible. 

Edited by Dr. K

26 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I said it in August. I'm not saying they aren't good, and won't right the ship, but they are vulnerable. The Bills can't say they're better until they beat the Chiefs, but the Chiefs are not invincible. 

So which is it?  Are you saying that they are “paper tigers” or “not invincible”. There’s a lot of of real estate in between the 2.  Definitely not invincible…..but definitely not paper tigers imo.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

49 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Peter King needs to call it a career. He's increasingly grumpy, Florio can't stand him, and the way King's hands shake when he picks up his cup is alarming.

14 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Peter King needs to call it a career. He's increasingly grumpy, Florio can't stand him, and the way King's hands shake when he picks up his cup is alarming.

Millions of people still read his MMQB (now FMIA) column every Monday morning, including me. He has connections and gets quotes that few others in the world of football journalism can. Unless and until either of those things change, I don't see any reason why he should call it a career.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So which is it?  Are you saying that they are “paper tigers” or “not invincible”. There’s a lot of of real estate in between the 2.  Definitely not invincible…..but definitely not paper tigers imo.  

So something like cloth tigers?

Wooden tigers?

Just spit-balling here. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Paper tiger: "one that is outwardly powerful or dangerous but inwardly weak or ineffectual."

That certainly seems to describe the Chiefs of the first three games of the season.

They have time to turn it around and they might. Let's see if they can beat the crap out of the Eagles.  

Edited by Dr. K

36 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

That certainly seems to describe the Chiefs of the first three games of the season.

I'd say it's a terrible description for their first 3 games as their losses have been mostly self-inflicted so far.

Now, the Broncos 3-0 after beating poor teams like the Jets, Jags, and Giants? That's the definition of a "paper tiger," not a team that went to back-to-back Superbowls. 

On 8/18/2021 at 9:29 AM, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Will be interesting to see how he does whenever that time comes that Roman is no longer there. 

I'm guessing it will depend on who is the OC that replaces Roman and whether their style is to fit their scheme around players strengths or will the new OC be one that wants his scheme to be above anything else.  Of course depends on how much the HC leaves offensive playcalling in OCs hands.  If a new OC is more pass oriented and isn't strong in run game planning then might be a bad fit with LJ.  It would come down to how invested the HC as well as GM are in LJ being the franchise QB.

If they are all in the next OC will have to cater to LJ's strength moreso than if they have some doubts on LJ's style being the longterm answer for them.  Gotta remember there a reason even the best RBs go downhill at a quicker rate than probably any other position on a team so a RQB is likely to suffer the same rate of decline in those running abilities as the years go on.  So if LJ is deemed by a new OC to only have 2 or 3 years of being able to depend on his running skills will he be more inclined to say hey if you want to lead this team you have to hit this level in passing.  In fact I'm of the opinion that Roman is actually stifling LJs growth as a passing qb.  We have all see LJ make good passes so he's capable.  I just think they've never had the patience to let LJ make the mistakes in order to learn from them.  Then again in practice maybe LJ doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Millions of people still read his MMQB (now FMIA) column every Monday morning, including me. He has connections and gets quotes that few others in the world of football journalism can. Unless and until either of those things change, I don't see any reason why he should call it a career.

ya. i haven't read him in years. He was always corny, but always worth a read because he had such great connections. if that is still the case, no reason for him to go anywhere. 

12 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

ya. i haven't read him in years. He was always corny, but always worth a read because he had such great connections. if that is still the case, no reason for him to go anywhere. 

I don’t actually READ him (though I suppose I did years ago), but he’s got a serious presence on various daytime sports talk shows. I bet I get segments with him three times a week, and I enjoy what he’s got to say. 

7 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The shaky hands are just the start, It’s called aging, we will all go through it, diapers when we are born, diapers when we are closer to death, circle of life…,

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Talking head football analysis is dead now that there are a million blogs out there and you can all test projections yourself for the low monthly price of $29.99 at myfantasydumps.com or whatever. Peter King is still more acceptable than the 49 year old Yahoo Fantasy manboys like Pianowski or whoever that are just more boring versions of Peter King. I personally hope he shakes and talks about whatever dumb coffee he prefers until he feels he's done.

The Chiefs are challenged on defense. The Bills with  score enough, but Mahomes is dangerous as a wounded animal. They will lean on his improvisational skills with Hill/Kelce, who the  Bills defense has yet to prove they can cover. Poyer will be crucial. If we beat them in KC, it will send a strong message to the whole AFC who the top dog is.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Dr. K said:

You still have to play a perfect game to beat them...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.