Afghanistan

11 minutes ago, Governor said:

More than 50 wouldn’t be good. Less than 50 and the history books and military would view it as a successful withdrawal operation from a 20 year war.

Why would anyone expect 0 casualties and 0 injuries during war? That doesn’t make any sense.

Now it's successful??  What happened to the word PERFECT? 

So you base the level of success on the death count only?  WTF is wrong with you? 

Edited by Chef Jim

8 minutes ago, Governor said:

More than 50 wouldn’t be good. Less than 50 and the history books and military would view it as a successful withdrawal operation from a 20 year war.

Why would anyone expect 0 casualties and 0 injuries during war? That doesn’t make any sense.

There haven’t been any combat casualties there in a year and a half until now. Drawing down the presence, halting us air support, surrendering military bases, Destabilizing the country and then after all that starting evacuation is categorically idiotic. 

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Because all this was completely avoidable if we had anyone capable of planning and executing a credible withdrawal plan for civilian and military personnel.  But Biden F'ed it all up.  That's what happened.

Surrendering Baghram Air Base made no sense at the time, and even less so now.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Because all this was completely avoidable if we had anyone capable of planning and executing a credible withdrawal plan for civilian and military personnel.  But Biden F'ed it all up.  That's what happened.

This is moving towards an impeachable offense in my opinion.  The threshold for me personally is if it turns into a hostage situation or ISIS captures Americans remaining in the country and starts executing them.

We've impeached Presidents over stupid things like blowjobs and complete fiction, so I'm thinking this disaster is absolute fair game.

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

If 7 American soldiers died and 12 American/Afghan citizens died, would you want Biden to cancel the withdrawal and restart the war?

No.  I'd prefer what Trump had planned.  Withdraw and the agreement with the Taliban was "you keep your nose clean and if you don't we're coming back and kicking your ass!"  I'm pretty sure when Trump made that agreement he KNEW they'd not keep their noses clean.  That's how they operate.  Then we'd have completely legitimate reasons for wiping those ***** off the face of the earth.   But no we have this cluster*****.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No.  I'd prefer what Trump had planned.  Withdraw and the agreement with the Taliban was "you keep your nose clean and if you don't we're coming back and kicking your ass!"  I'm pretty sure when Trump made that agreement he KNEW they'd not keep their noses clean.  That's how they operate.  Then we'd have completely legitimate reasons for wiping those ***** off the face of the earth.   But no we have this cluster*****.  

I can't remember ever seeing anything this ***** up in my life... its the completion backwards principle.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Trump kicked the can down the road to the next president because he was scared to act.

We’re past that now.

What do you want to happen now?

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh no no no. According to @Governor it's absolutely perfect!!  Perfect I tell ya!!  

He's only saying "perfect" as a dig at Trump for saying that about his call to Zelensky.  The irony being Joey should have investigated for being corrupt and incompetent...

4 minutes ago, Governor said:

Trump kicked the can down the road to the next president because he was scared to act.

We’re past that now.

So wait.  When Trump made that deal he didn't think he was going to be President in 2021?  Are you really going with this?  :wallbash:

What do I want now?  Nothing.   It's too ***** up to fix.  

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So wait.  When Trump made that deal he didn't think he was going to be President in 2021?  Are you really going with this?  :wallbash:

What do I want now?  Nothing.   It's too ***** up to fix.  

Of course he didn’t he think was going to win. Did you watch the last election at all?

What president sets an end date for a war, which he said he would never ever never ever do during the 2016 election, and leaves it for the next guy to clean up?

You’re twisting yourself in knots here.

Edited by Governor

Just now, Governor said:

Of course he didn’t he was going to win. Did you watch the last election at all?

What president sets an end date for a war, which he said he would never ever never ever do during the 2016 election, and leaves it for the next guy to clean up?

You’re twisting yourself in knots here.

I'm twisting myself.  :lol:   You're the one insinuating that Trump didn't think he was going win the 2020 election.  With that fact alone you should bury your head in shame.  

18 minutes ago, Governor said:

We’re past that now.

You’re high again.  

So the story is; Orange man deliberately kicked the afghani’can’ to the next term… the same term he then lied about winning and the same term he then staged an insurrection to stay in office. 

This is what CNN has you believing? 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You’re high again.  

So the story is; Orange man deliberately kicked the afghani’can’ to the next term… the same term he then lied about winning and the same term he then staged an insurrection to stay in office. 

It isn't even cnn for these clowns anymore, its tik tok, yahoo and huff now.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You’re high again.  

Regardless the most hilarious part of this whole exchange is that @Governor (I think @dogcatcher is probably more appropriate but that's a conversation for another day) thinks I'm the one twisting into a pretzel.  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Regardless the most hilarious part of this whole exchange is that @Governor (I think @dogcatcher is probably more appropriate but that's a conversation for another day) thinks I'm the one twisting into a pretzel.  :lol:

The Trump administration in February 2020 negotiated a withdrawal agreementwith the Taliban that excluded the Afghan government, freed 5,000 imprisoned Taliban soldiers and set a date certain of May 1, 2021, for the final withdrawal.

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

The Trump administration in February 2020 negotiated a withdrawal agreementwith the Taliban that excluded the Afghan government, freed 5,000 imprisoned Taliban soldiers and set a date certain of May 1, 2021, for the final withdrawal.

Link?

16 minutes ago, Governor said:

So what?  

As usual, the stupid libs on this board revert EVERYTHING back to Trump.

Newsflash....... Trump has been out of office for 8 months.

This is all on the most incompetent administration ever, Mr. Magoo and his crack staff own ALL of this.

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, Governor said:

Yes. We know.

You’ve spent this entire thread apologizing and making logic pretzels, deflecting, whatabouting, and completely changing the subject. none of it will age well. 

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

As usual, the stupid libs on this board revert EVERYTHING back to Trump.

Newsflash....... Trump has been out of office for 8 months.

This is all on the most incompetent administration ever, Mr. Magoo and his crack staff own ALL of this.

Its the only excuse they can play here in order to avoid the obvious reality that they support and voted for a complete and total F.Up.  

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

Its the only excuse they can play here in order to avoid the obvious reality that they support and voted for a complete and total F.Up.  

I think most us would rather see mean tweets than a laughingstock administration like the current one.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Governor said:

Uh huh.....and your point? 

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I think most us would rather see mean tweets than a laughingstock administration like the current one.

Well to be fair we were kind of a laughingstock from 2017-2021.  Just not quite this bad.  And I liked Trump so I didn't give a *****. 

15 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Two bombs have gone off near the Kabul airport.  There may be US casualties. Send in our military in overwhelming numbers and take care of these terrorists!

Yeah but as long as the US military casualties are under 100 it's all good.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Just saw that 4 Marines were killed.  Go in and wipe these people out!

No.  We've got 96 more to go right @Governor?  As someone mentioned a bit ago.  The internet never forgets and you're comments will not (actually have not already) age well. 

This blood lies solely on Bidens hands... and its nowhere near over. He poked the hornets nest without making sure that everyone around was far away. ***** that #######. What a sad time it suddenly has turned out to be.

Just now, sherpa said:

If this is true, this is a game changer.

It's true, not sure what's going to change though, besides making the 8/31 evacuation deadline impossible to meet. There will be Americans and interpreters trapped in that @$#%hole, it's time for the president to stand up and do something here.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, T&C said:

This blood lies solely on Bidens hands... and its nowhere near over. He poked the hornets nest without making sure that everyone around was far away. ***** that #######. What a sad time it suddenly has turned out to be.

ISIS is behind it. The same ISIS Trump said he dismantled. 

Everyone needs to understand we're all on the same team, especially during war times. There was no right way to pull out of Afghanistan. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Why is this a game changer?  How does it change the game? 

Again, I don't know if it's true.

But....

If US troops were killed during a "negotiated" withdrawal, there absolutely has to be a response.

It must be strong and it must come quick.

Sorry, but that is the reality.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, sherpa said:

Again, I don't know if it's true.

But....

If US troops were killed during a "negotiated" withdrawal, there absolutely has to be a response.

It must be strong and it must come quick.

Sorry, but that is the reality.

Oh no I don't disagree.  I just wanted clarification.