Afghanistan

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

How many of the 5,000 incarcerated Taliban prisoners that Trump released were involved with this attack?

Just guessing, but probably none, since it wasn't Taliban.

Or to stroke a Dem talking point, probably all 5000.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

How many of the 5,000 incarcerated Taliban prisoners that Trump released were involved with this attack?

You love spreading this lie don’t you.  You have zero credibility here and only you could achieve a negative credibility score.  😂

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Dude, what's wrong with you?  Trump was a piece of garbage, but he didn't oversee this pullout of Afghanistan.  This administration did.  You trying to blame everything on Trump makes you look like a fool and a coward.  

6 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Dude, what's wrong with you?  Trump was a piece of garbage, but he didn't oversee this pullout of Afghanistan.  This administration did.  You trying to blame everything on Trump makes you look like a fool and a coward.  

i think Trump must have done something personally to him. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

So let me get this straight....after Biden let the Taliban take over the ENTIRE country of Afghanistan, giving complete control of EVERYTHING but the little Kabal airstrip....you want to blame Trump for releasing prisoners that nobody has stated were involved in the attack?  Classic!  😂

• Shocked 1

40 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Didn’t you hear Joe yesterday? orange man set the wheels in motion, Biden couldn’t renegotiate with the mighty Taliban in a mere 7 months… 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Didn’t you hear Joe yesterday? orange man set the wheels in motion, Biden couldn’t renegotiate with the mighty Taliban in a mere 7 months… 

If only the Taliban had been trying to build a pipeline with American labor....then Biden would've stopped them dead in their tracks!  He'd have shown 'em good!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So let me get this straight....after Biden let the Taliban take over the ENTIRE country of Afghanistan, giving complete control of EVERYTHING but the little Kabal airstrip....you want to blame Trump for releasing prisoners that nobody has stated were involved in the attack?  Classic!  😂

And accusing Trump of releasing prisoners he never had in custody to release to begin with. 

• Like (+1) 1

Jen should change her name to Spin Psaki... what a load of *****.

Funny how someone got this dog talking about a dog, lol.

Edited by T&C
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

that’s not true.

The US troops were pulled out prior to Biden being President and when Biden took over troops were down to 2,500 there:

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/2473337/statement-by-acting-defense-secretary-christopher-miller-on-force-levels-in-afg/

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

that’s not true.

The US troops were pulled out prior to Biden being President and when Biden took over troops were down to 2,500 there:

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/2473337/statement-by-acting-defense-secretary-christopher-miller-on-force-levels-in-afg/

Oh come on!  THIS pullout....not a previous troop reduction!  Give me a break.

4 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

that’s not true.

Because they weren’t needed, the region was stable. There were no combat fatalities for over a year at that point 

26 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Because they weren’t needed, the region was stable. There were no combat fatalities for over a year at that point 

Don’t bring facts and reality into the discussion…we’re busy trying to find a reason to blame Donald Trump dammit! 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Don’t bring facts and reality into the discussion…we’re busy trying to find a reason to blame Donald Trump dammit! 

Which overlooks the fact the pull out was part of a negotiation and the troop withdraw all came under that negotiation:

https://www.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Agreement-For-Bringing-Peace-to-Afghanistan-02.29.20.pdf

The United States is committed to withdraw from Afghanistan all military forces of the United States, its allies, and Coalition partners, including all non-diplomatic civilian personnel, private security contractors, trainers, advisors, and supporting services personnel within fourteen (14) months following announcement of this agreement, and will take the following measures in this regard:
I

II
A. The United States, its allies, and the Coalition will take the following measures in the first one hundred thirty-five (135) days:
1) They will reduce the number of U.S. forces in Afghanistan to eight thousand six hundred (8,600) and proportionally bring reduction in the number of its allies and Coalition forces.
2) The United States, its allies, and the Coalition will withdraw all their forces from five (5) military bases.

———

Let’s put it in Bills terms. Whaley negotiated the contract with Dareus. Was it Beanes fault Dareus end up sucking?

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

that’s not true.

Let me ask you.  If YOU were going to pull out of a country like Afghanistan, would you consider putting some reinforcements  in there until you could evacuate the civis, and THEN pull the troops and equipment?  

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

Let me ask you.  If YOU were going to pull out of a country like Afghanistan, would you consider putting some reinforcements  in there until you could evacuate the civis, and THEN pull the troops and equipment?  

The United States is committed to withdraw from Afghanistan all military forces of the United States, its allies, and Coalition partners, including all non-diplomatic civilian personnel, private security contractors, trainers, advisors, and supporting services personnel within fourteen (14) months following announcement of this agreement, and will take the following measures in this regard:
I

II
A. The United States, its allies, and the Coalition will take the following measures in the first one hundred thirty-five (135) days:
1) They will reduce the number of U.S. forces in Afghanistan to eight thousand six hundred (8,600) and proportionally bring reduction in the number of its allies and Coalition forces.
2) The United States, its allies, and the Coalition will withdraw all their forces from five (5) military bases

https://www.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Agreement-For-Bringing-Peace-to-Afghanistan-02.29.20.pdf

Could be a good idea why don’t we look at the negotiation and see if that was considered. Oh it wasn’t.

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

I

II
2) The United States, its allies, and the Coalition will withdraw all their forces from five (5) military bases

Could be a good idea why don’t we look at the negotiation and see if that was considered. Oh it wasn’t.

Your forgot to include stuff that doesn't support your position. 

First:

The United States, its allies, and the Coalition will complete withdrawal of all remaining forces from Afghanistan within the remaining nine and a half (9.5) months (From February).

That's the end of the year.  PLENTY of time to secure our bases with more troups, withdraw our citizens and allies, collect our property, and evacuate our troops.  

Second.

1. (The Taliban) Guarantees and enforcement mechanisms that will prevent the use of the soil of Afghanistan by any group or individual against the security of the United States and its allies.

This one stands on it's own. 

6 hours ago, Governor said:

Go to your county jail and look at what’s in the center courtyard. They don’t want you to know that stuff is there. That’s why they’re hiding it there.

How do I know that? I know engineers that design jails.

Jail tanks!  I love it.  I heard they are storing those Soviet era nuke back packs in the library at Sing Sing.

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

Really?

I was reading reports that stated intel that there was an imminent attack two days before this, on of all things, social media.

This wasn't an intel failure.

This was a leadership failure.

It was both leadership and Intel.

20 yrs. They should know what kind of toilet paper the wife of each terrorist prefer by now. 

Your reports came from the same organization. Every idiot who can read knew that an attack either by the Taliban militia or ISIS was quite probable. That is like predicting it will likely snow in Buffalo in Dec. 

They had no idea who, where, when or how until it happened. Total intel failure. 20 Flippin yrs Sherpa. Even you should be disappointed.

That does not make Biden any less responsible.

Disgusting what has unfolded over the last several weeks in Afghanistan.  Blood is on Biden's hands, this was a terrible withdrawl.  No one is arguing that Afghanistan should be sunset in the near future but in a way where our Americans and our allies can be kept safe.  This was the complete opposite of this.  

Don't be surprised if this is the way they try to usher in the Harris administration.  I'll bet we see more dems asking for the 25th amendment for Joe over the next few weeks, and since Harris has been so quiet, she can distance herself from this debacle and not have to deal with the Afghanistan headache.  Watch.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Your forgot to include stuff that doesn't support your position. 

First:

The United States, its allies, and the Coalition will complete withdrawal of all remaining forces from Afghanistan within the remaining nine and a half (9.5) months (From February).

That's the end of the year.  PLENTY of time to secure our bases with more troups, withdraw our citizens and allies, collect our property, and evacuate our troops.  

Second.

1. (The Taliban) Guarantees and enforcement mechanisms that will prevent the use of the soil of Afghanistan by any group or individual against the security of the United States and its allies.

This one stands on it's own. 

Jail tanks!  I love it.  I heard they are storing those Soviet era nuke back packs in the library at Sing Sing.

And you ignore the Trump admin withdrew troop levels to 2,500 while:

The United States is committed to start immediately to work with all relevant sides on a plan to expeditiously release combat and political prisoners as a confidence building measure with the coordination and approval of all relevant sides. Up to five thousand (5,000) prisoners of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan which is not recognized by the United States as a state and is known as the Taliban and up to one thousand (1,000) prisoners of the other side will be released by March 10, 2020, the first day of intra-Afghan negotiations, which corresponds to Rajab 15, 1441 on the Hijri Lunar calendar and Hoot 20, 1398 on the Hijri Solar calendar. The relevant sides have the goal of releasing all the remaining prisoners over the course of the subsequent three months. The United States commits to completing this goal. The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan which is not recognized by the United States as a state and is known as the Taliban commits that its released prisoners will be committed to the responsibilities mentioned in this agreement so that they will not pose a threat to the security of the United States and its allies.

So when Trump left office we had 2,500 troops on the group while releasing 5,000 taliban.

13 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

And you ignore the Trump admin withdrew troop levels to 2,500 while:

The United States is committed to start immediately to work with all relevant sides on a plan to expeditiously release combat and political prisoners as a confidence building measure with the coordination and approval of all relevant sides. Up to five thousand (5,000) prisoners of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan which is not recognized by the United States as a state and is known as the Taliban and up to one thousand (1,000) prisoners of the other side will be released by March 10, 2020, the first day of intra-Afghan negotiations, which corresponds to Rajab 15, 1441 on the Hijri Lunar calendar and Hoot 20, 1398 on the Hijri Solar calendar. The relevant sides have the goal of releasing all the remaining prisoners over the course of the subsequent three months. The United States commits to completing this goal. The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan which is not recognized by the United States as a state and is known as the Taliban commits that its released prisoners will be committed to the responsibilities mentioned in this agreement so that they will not pose a threat to the security of the United States and its allies.

So when Trump left office we had 2,500 troops on the group while releasing 5,000 taliban.

Stop looking at this through partisan blinders.  I agree that Trump is a POS, ok?  He was right that we needed to get out of Afghanistan though.  Unfortunately, we just can't blame him for how bad Biden @#$%ed this withdrawal up.  There was nothing that prevented him from implementing a real evacuation instead of this disasterous panicked retreat, outside of his half azzed attempt to be out by 9/11. I know you want it to be the POS Trump, but this is all on Biden.  And since when did he have an issue with overriding ANY of the previous administration's works?  He set a freaking EO record. Just stop with the Trump crap.  

14 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Stop looking at this through partisan blinders.  I agree that Trump is a POS, ok?  He was right that we needed to get out of Afghanistan though.  Unfortunately, we just can't blame him for how bad Biden @#$%ed this withdrawal up.  There was nothing that prevented him from implementing a real evacuation instead of this disasterous panicked retreat, outside of his half azzed attempt to be out by 9/11. I know you want it to be the POS Trump, but this is all on Biden.  And since when did he have an issue with overriding ANY of the previous administration's works?  He set a freaking EO record. Just stop with the Trump crap.  

To my knowledge Biden has never gone back on any international agreement. It’s terrible for the US as foreign countries can’t trust the US. It’s a big problem I had with the Trump Admin. 

How can we have any say internationally if other countries can’t count on the US to stick to it. Biden was right for not changing Trumps negotiated plan.

7 hours ago, sherpa said:

I really think the reaction to this, while valid, is missing the point, and the only solution.

Folks are blaming bad behavior by inhuman punks on politicians in the US.

Of course it could have been handled better, and I did not vote for Trump, Clinton, or Biden.

Still, the point isn't that those folks screwed up.

The point is that fundamentalist lunatics in the Muslim faith are getting support and supplies from somebody else.

They are incapable of producing military hardware, or in this case, simplistic weapons.

It seems the focus is on ISIS Khorasan, known as Isis K.

This is Pakistan supported.

There are two countries who support this kind of madness, not as a national posture, but under the sheets.

Iran and Pakistan.

That is where the international community needs to bring to accountability.

You can run one US president after another up the flagpole and it isn't going to matter.

The solution lies in eliminating support.

I agree with this.  We were parked in Afghanistan 20 years later to keep tabs on both these neighbors. We kicked the crap out of the Taliban early on.  Then we soft-handled Pakistan when the Taliban melted across the border into the hills.  Didn’t want to rile up a nuclear-armed “ally”, and they didn’t help in any meaningful way.  Half the Taliban are Pakistani and now Pakistan, the region, and the world has a potential nuclear problem on their hands if the Taliban some day decides to move south. ISIS-K may be Pakistan supported, but a lot of those fighters are from the former Soviet-Stans.  Maybe they’re supported by Pakistan in order to give the Afghan Taliban something to wrangle with as a distraction.

And reports are that Iran is actively allowing Al Quaeda leadership to stay in their country. AQ knows that we’re not going to do anything to them while they’re in Iran.

26 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

To my knowledge Biden has never gone back on any international agreement. It’s terrible for the US as foreign countries can’t trust the US. It’s a big problem I had with the Trump Admin. 

How can we have any say internationally if other countries can’t count on the US to stick to it. Biden was right for not changing Trumps negotiated plan.

With the #<$%ing Taliban?  Resulting in the loss of American life?  You cant possibly be serious.  And you are flat out nuts if you think this makes any other country trust us.  American lives were/are at stake and you are worried about offending the Taliban.  Unreal. 

Regardless, there was NO REASON to pull put this early, and without coordinating with our allies and civilians. 

Edited by Tenhigh

42 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Well then, that's on him.  He changed every other policy/plan Trump had.

And you think that any other country feels they can count on us now?  England doesn't.

Edited by Doc

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

Keep right on spinning those plates to the bitter end. Unbelievable! EVERYONE agrees this is a total fiasco. Partisan hack! 

2 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

It was both leadership and Intel.

20 yrs. They should know what kind of toilet paper the wife of each terrorist prefer by now. 

Your reports came from the same organization. Every idiot who can read knew that an attack either by the Taliban militia or ISIS was quite probable. That is like predicting it will likely snow in Buffalo in Dec. 

They had no idea who, where, when or how until it happened. Total intel failure. 20 Flippin yrs Sherpa. Even you should be disappointed.

That does not make Biden any less responsible.

I am quite sure you have no knowledge of what you speak.

Not worth responding to.

• Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I hope you feel like a real ***** tool now for posting this. 😡

It’s total Garbage.. 

ignore it. It goes away.

39 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The entire country was safer for military than most us cities for police since February 2020.  Now idiot Biden’s administration decided killing our kids  needs to ramp up again.

***** him

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Well then, that's on him.  He changed every other policy/plan Trump had.

And you think that any other country feels they can count on us now?  England doesn't.

The prior administration made it clear you can’t trust the US by doing things like backing out of international agreements. It’s on this administration to change that and part one is keeping the international promises we make.

International diplomacy is different than domestic affairs. Domestic affairs change admin to admin but international allies need to rely on relations with the country and not the admin.

Biden keeping Trumps international agreements is what should be done for this country to start building standing back in the international community.