MVP vote - Josh got 2nd most votes

The case could've easily been made for Allen winning the MVP. There continues to be this fascination by sportswriters with Rodgers. Rodgers had an amazing year and yet, Allen still accounted for nearly 600 more total yards. Rodgers did have 6 more total TD's.

The narrative is that Rodgers doesn't have a supporting cast - the dude has an elite WR and an elite RB. The reality is that in their last 4 NFC Championship games, GB has lost them all, scoring under 30 in each one I believe.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

The case could've easily been made for Allen winning the MVP. There continues to be this fascination by sportswriters with Rodgers. Rodgers had an amazing year and yet, Allen still accounted for nearly 600 more total yards. Rodgers did have 6 more total TD's.

The narrative is that Rodgers doesn't have a supporting cast - the dude has an elite WR and an elite RB. The reality is that in their last 4 NFC Championship games, GB has lost them all, scoring under 30 in each one I believe.

Eh. Those guys are elite because of Rodgers. Adam’s was a huge bust his first year as the “guy” and Packers fans wanted to get rid of him. Rbs in GB do great because they have Rodgers. Diggs was a proven commodity that the Bills gave a first round pick for. The Packers have never invested a first round in an offensive skill player in Rodgers whole career.

allen had an amazing year but I think it was pretty clear cut Rodgers was the MVP. If Allen has career playoffs stats of 100 QB rating and 49 td to 13 int, but “only” wins one SB like Rodgers, I won’t be blaming Allen. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Eh. Those guys are elite because of Rodgers. Adam’s was a huge bust his first year as the “guy” and Packers fans wanted to get rid of him. Rbs in GB do great because they have Rodgers. Diggs was a proven commodity that the Bills gave a first round pick for. The Packers have never invested a first round in an offensive skill player in Rodgers whole career.

allen had an amazing year but I think it was pretty clear cut Rodgers was the MVP. If Allen has career playoffs stats of 100 QB rating and 49 td to 13 int, but “only” wins one SB like Rodgers, I won’t be blaming Allen. 

Unless you're saying that Rodgers blocks and/or runs for his RBs, I'm not sure why they would succeed because of him and the Bills' RBs shouldn't succeed because of Josh?  It still doesn't change the fact that Josh has little help from his running game this year.  Never mind that the Bills played the 5th hardest schedule in the NFL.

Getting back to Rodgers, Adams is a great player.  It took him awhile to develop but he eventually got there.  And Rodgers has been throwing the ball to him the whole time.  Tonyan came along nicely as well.  Sure having Rodgers throwing to them helps but it's not like it doesn't help the Bills' receivers having Josh throwing to them as well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

...I wish they would maybe more clearly define the parameters of the award.....

there isn’t one.  

Rodgers had a crap season last year. Sign a replacement QB and he gets pissed and performs better?

it’s a popularity contest compiled with 

grabbing headlines. 

Lamar Jackson won one IMO laughable

what drove Mahomes to win it too years ago?

Josh is overlooked because of the long drought.  Is that his fault?

3 years as a starter and 2 playoff seasons. 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Unless you're saying that Rodgers blocks and/or runs for his RBs, I'm not sure why they would succeed because of him and the Bills' RBs shouldn't succeed because of Josh?  It still doesn't change the fact that Josh has little help from his running game this year.  Never mind that the Bills played the 5th hardest schedule in the NFL.

Getting back to Rodgers, Adams is a great player.  It took him awhile to develop but he eventually got there.  And Rodgers has been throwing the ball to him the whole time.  Tonyan came along nicely as well.  Sure having Rodgers throwing to them helps but it's not like it doesn't help the Bills' receivers having Josh throwing to them as well.

I don’t know. I do think there were games where we didn’t really stick with the run. And I’m sure in the beginning other teams wanted to see if Allen could beat them, and when he did, it seemed like we should have been able to run better. Our rbs are very slow. But they averaged 25 ypg more than us on 400 more carries. 

And before Mahomes, Rodgers was the best pure thrower I’ve ever seen. He blows up no name receivers all the time who do nothing anywhere else - Nelson, Jennings, Randall Cobb, James Jones. All of our core 3 have had really good production on other teams. You don’t think Rodgers would have wanted Diggs instead of some mid range draft pick. 

I don’t why this board nit picks guys like Rodgers and Mahomes. It’s not very smart. They are some of the best to ever play. And the fact Allen is coming to a point where he can ever be talked about in the same conversation without it being laughable is simply amazing. But there’s work to be down to get to that level. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

.....I wish they would maybe more clearly define the parameters of the award.....

If you are voting for the player who means the most to his teams success....then I can see why a Rogers or Allen would and should win that award.  The Packers are a 6-10 team without Rodgers...the Bills probalby 8-8 without Allen this year.  I think the Chiefs roster with Chad Henne, could probably manage 10-6 in the AFC west as it was this season....so to the extent that Rodgers and Allen mean more to their team...they are deserving of the MVP award......If the award goes to the guy that is teh "LEAUGE" MVP....then that proably should go to someone like Mahomes when he's being talked about as a guy breaking records and going to another super bowls...they vote on regular season...so there is that as well.  one thing to note...Mahomes is a PETTY PRICK when it comes to this stuff....you might see him flash a 1, 2....3? at some point during the game.

The same thing for "coach of the year"  Frankly, I'd have given that to Shanahan....he had the 49ers competitive most games despite a glut of injuries and playing with 2nd or 3rd string QB's all year....It was amazing that team didn't completely collapse.....but that award usually goes to a coach whose team just went 10-6 and was bad the year before....to where voters think that coach...coached em up to being in the playoffs.  

I'll take lombardis though, if given a choice.

Agree with this, especially about Mahomes being petty.  While being such a cool customer on the field, he sure is a little ***** in that regard.  

I don’t agree about shanahan.  The team was certainly decimated with injuries and left them with little chance to compete for the playoffs.  They ended up last in their division (which wasn’t nearly as good as it was predicted imo).  They got beat by 8 or more in 7 of their 10 losses.  In the game vs the Bills, I was shocked at how terrible their game plan was on both sides of the ball.  When we’re talking about “coach of the year”, shanahan was not a top 5 candidate in 2020 imo.  I believe that he will be a top 5 coach for the next 2 decades, but just wasn’t that in 2020. 

I thought McDermott, Stefanski, Flores,  Rivera, Lafluer, Tomlin, Reid and Judge did a better job than shanahan this season.

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

there isn’t one.  

Rodgers had a crap season last year. Sign a replacement QB and he gets pissed and performs better?

grabbing headlines. 

What haha??? This is laughable. Jackson has 4,300 total yards and 43 tds last year. He was well deserving of a MVP.  Rodgers 💩 year - 4,000 yards, 26 td to 4 int, 13-3 - is most guys best year.  I have no idea what your mahomes point is.

the Bills got the most love of any team in the nfl this year. The fact that Allen had more votes than Mahomes is a testament to that. It’s ok to ride for your team and not be completely delusional too. Rodgers completed 70% of his passes, accounted for 51 tds and threw 5 ints. But yeah, it’s huge conspiracy based on storylines. You have a future in politics. 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The "never invested a first-round pick on an offensive weapon" is also tiring. With that mindset, only 1st round players can be elite? Diggs was a 5th round pick by the Vikings - did a very average QB like Kirk Cousins somehow make him great or is it that great players can be found later in the draft as well?

I don't care where Adams was drafted - he's currently an elite WR in the NFL; same with Jones at RB. Sure, Rodgers makes anyone great, but the assumption that these players wouldn't be great on their own without Rodgers is slightly flawed, considering players all over the league are drafted in the later rounds and become stars regardless.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Dirtyd415 said:

Rodgers is know to be an arrogant jack ass, unkind to the little people he comes across, and 100% me first vs team first.  These are some of the reasons why I don’t like him.  Press conference demeanor is such an odd thing to hang your hat on, not sure why you think that would sour someone to him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-teammate-self-centered-aaron-rodgers-isnt-a-natural-born-leader/

lol okay guy. “Known to be a...” by whom? Haters?

Man, Chiefs fans (at least online) are really losing it about this.

They think the "head to head" wins Mahomes got over Allen should have factored into this or something. I mean - Allen got 4 votes and Mahomes got 2.  It wasn't like either came anywhere close to AR.

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Maybe because he routinely does stuff like cancels being a groomsman in his close friends wedding the day of by text.

Or that he has basically not talked to anyone in his family for years.

Sometimes money changes people and they forget where they came from and who they are.

And sometimes family gets changed by a player getting money.

BTW there was a recent story of a business of Aaron and his brother having a business together in Mississippi.  Hard to have business without talking with brother so you are exaggerating to make a point.

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

That's amazing considering this was year 1 of Josh coming close to his ceiling but he still has a long way to go to reach his full potential.  I think he was so raw , his ceiling play might not come til 2023.  Amazing 

Manning, Brady, and Rodgers all hit their ceiling in year 7--actually year 8 for Brady. 

• Like (+1) 1

im not sure rodgers is the worst guy in the world, but he is not a natural born leader. you can just see his demeanor on the sideline with the defense, or his guys when things aren't going well. He's a bit of a baby. I think it was in the game against the Bucs, after the offense put some points on the board to make a game, Rodgers was communicating with the defense and it basically looked like he was saying in a very condescending demeanor to them that they better not screw up. The words don't really matter. You could just see that his tone and gestures were not those of a supportive teammate. 

you either are or you aren't. it is mostly something that you are born with. it can be worked on, and I'll bet he has improved some in this regard. but he will never be able to turn himself into what josh allen was born as. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t know. I do think there were games where we didn’t really stick with the run. And I’m sure in the beginning other teams wanted to see if Allen could beat them, and when he did, it seemed like we should have been able to run better. Our rbs are very slow. But they averaged 25 ypg more than us on 400 more carries. 

And before Mahomes, Rodgers was the best pure thrower I’ve ever seen. He blows up no name receivers all the time who do nothing anywhere else - Nelson, Jennings, Randall Cobb, James Jones. All of our core 3 have had really good production on other teams. You don’t think Rodgers would have wanted Diggs instead of some mid range draft pick. 

I don’t why this board nit picks guys like Rodgers and Mahomes. It’s not very smart. They are some of the best to ever play. And the fact Allen is coming to a point where he can ever be talked about in the same conversation without it being laughable is simply amazing. But there’s work to be down to get to that level. 

You said the same exact thing about Newton prior to the season.  Sorry but other players can be nit-picked, not just Bills players.

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

lol okay guy. “Known to be a...” by whom? Haters?

Current and former players...I happen to be quite good friends with a former Bills FB.  His sister worked with my wife and we became friends.  I guess he qualifies as a hater though 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Dirtyd415 said:

Current and former players...I happen to be quite good friends with a former Bills FB.  His sister worked with my wife and we became friends.  I guess he qualifies as a hater though 🤷🏻‍♂️

sure guy

4 hours ago, Irv said:

Rogers had a great year, no doubt.  I hate him, but how does Brady not get one vote?  Tampa was going nowhere last year with Winston.  Now they could win the Super Bowl and did by beating Rogers.  Head scratcher. 

Would you have voted for him?  Than it’s not really a head scratcher how the other voters didn’t either.  There aren’t 2nd and 3rd place votes and it’s a regular season award.  Brady wasn’t a top 3 candidate by most measure.  His team is absolutely loaded

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

there isn’t one.  

grabbing headlines. 

Josh isn't overlooked.  The fact that he finished ahead of Mahomes tells me that.  If Rodgers had the same year last year he had this year Lamar would've have won MVP and maybe received four votes like Josh.  Just bad timing.

As far as Mahomes two years ago....50 TD's, 8 INT's, 5,097 yards passing, 113.8 passer ratting.  Pretty, pretty, good.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

When is the last time a QB sat and watched for more than a year and then became a great qb?  Rodgers, 15 years ago.  

You can’t blame them for wanting a QB.  That’s true. To the contrary, you can also say that them choosing a QB may have cost them a shot at another super bowl.  

cue @Mr. WEO “which rookie would have improved the team so much that they would have would have beat the bucs?”  

answer: we’ll never know either way, but what we do know:  the packers ended their season in the same spot they did last year.  A dollar short.....with a draft class that didn’t contribute a penny

it was $100 short last year.  It was a Packers choke/giveaway dime short this year.  

Keep dying on that hill

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

MVP is now a QB award.  If Tennessee had a better record, Henry would have been in the mix.

Henry's qb threw for 3800 and 33tds. Henry is great,  but isn't the sole reason his team was good. Huge part,  but not the end all be all. His team was still .500 when he was held under 100 yrds rushing. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

it was $100 short last year.  It was a Packers choke/giveaway dime short this year.  

Keep dying on that hill

Bwhahaha!  You were the one that said the packers were just lucky last season and will be worse this season.  You died on that hill.  I’m just the one that keeps reminding you.  😂 

58 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Josh isn't overlooked.  The fact that he finished ahead of Mahomes tells me that.  If Rodgers had the same year this year he had last year Lamar would've have won MVP and maybe received four votes like Josh.  Just bad timing.

As far as Mahomes two years ago....50 TD's, 8 INT's, 5,097 yards passing, 113.8 passer ratting.  Pretty, pretty, good.

When Kelce hangs em up Patrick will come down a notch. And when Tyreek leaves they'll be another drop off.  Now is the window we need to surround Josh with a young elite RB/ TE.  Sorry Devin, Zack and Dawson. You're not it.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

not sure what the “rodger’s way” is but okay. 

why don’t you like the guy? Because he’s not a complete robot in press conferences like the other 95% of the league? Because he’s actually honest from time to time?

You know, I think Rodgers is an excellent QB.  I always kind of like the Packers as a default team...but there is something a little unlikable about him.  I appreciate that he is not a cookie-cutter responder. and politically, I think he and I are symaptico.  But, there is an air of smugness about him that isn't very appealing.  I like him, but I can see why some don't.  Though, anyone who makes the argument that he isn't good, or overrated (nobody here seems to be making that argument) is just off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Buftex said:

You know, I think Rodgers is an excellent QB.  I always kind of like the Packers as a default team...but there is something a little unlikable about him.  I appreciate that he is not a cookie-cutter responder. and politically, I think he and I are symaptico.  But, there is an air of smugness about him that isn't very appealing.  I like him, but I can see why some don't.  Though, anyone who makes the argument that he isn't good, or overrated (nobody here seems to be making that argument) is just off.

that’s a very fair assessment and I agree. I just won’t and don’t even entertain these posters here that say he’s some sort of demon because he doesn’t fall in line all the time. 

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Bwhahaha!  You were the one that said the packers were just lucky last season and will be worse this season.  You died on that hill.  I’m just the one that keeps reminding you.  😂 

Yeah I was wrong on that but admitted so----and then  I pointed out that they actually got BETTER this year, despite picking Love.  Pay attention.

Hey maybe that other 1st round rookie could have won got the Packers into the SB....by saying:  "Aaron, run into the EZ to tie this game up!!"  and, right after that: "hey Coach, we can't settle for a FG here!!".

Two of the worst back to back decisions in NFL Conference Championship game history.  They blew it, plain and simple.  That was their best chance for the SB (infinitely better than last year, despite picking Love) in 10 years. 

You're the one who keeps punching yourself in the head on this.  You're a masochist.  But I'm no sadist so I'll leave at the above.

4 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

Henry's qb threw for 3800 and 33tds. Henry is great,  but isn't the sole reason his team was good. Huge part,  but not the end all be all. His team was still .500 when he was held under 100 yrds rushing. 

Tannehill did so well because of threat of Henry running.  He has disappeared in the post season twice now.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah I was wrong on that but admitted so----and then  I pointed out that they actually got BETTER this year, despite picking Love.  Pay attention.

Hey maybe that other 1st round rookie could have won got the Packers into the SB....by saying:  "Aaron, run into the EZ to tie this game up!!"  and, right after that: "hey Coach, we can't settle for a FG here!!".

Two of the worst back to back decisions in NFL Conference Championship game history.  They blew it, plain and simple.  That was their best chance for the SB (infinitely better than last year, despite picking Love) in 10 years. 

You're the one who keeps punching yourself in the head on this.  You're a masochist.  But I'm no sadist so I'll leave at the above.

How am I subjecting myself to pain by telling you that you were wrong.  It doesn’t hurt me that the packers didn’t win a super bowl.  

I haven’t been wrong on anything here.  I’ve been right the entire time. The packers coming up just short is in my favor.  Not yours.  You can try and spin it however you like.  You’d just be wrong. Again

• Like (+1) 1