Deshaun Watson prefers the Jets

9 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

With a name like "BITE ME," I have a hard taking you seriously. Just saying. 

To be honest, I don’t want to bite him either. As they say in pre-school, “use your words!”  :)

I can’t see them letting a guy of his talent and youth go for almost ANY price. It’s the most important position, and he’s proven. Even the BEST college prospects are still “prospects”. The real problems are above the QB position, which is why he wants out. Tough situation, and I’m glad I’m not a Texans fan. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, BITE ME said:

Who cares?  Nobody is winning anything with Watson.  He is 1-2 in the playoffs and whines constantly because he can't produce.  He might not even be in the league in 5 years from now because nobody wants a toxic clown on their roster.

This does not make sense unless you truly think he can throw for the most yards in a season and still be a below average QB. Numbers aren't everything but they matter.

Houston isn't trading him to Jacksonville or Indy since they're in Division. The only logical teams are NE, NYJ, and maybe Washington. They have cap space and in need of a QB. Watson doesn't want to go to another team that wastes his talent by not filling areas of need immediately. 

6 minutes ago, FieldGeneral said:

Houston isn't trading him to Jacksonville or Indy since they're in Division. The only logical teams are NE, NYJ, and maybe Washington. They have cap space and in need of a QB. Watson doesn't want to go to another team that wastes his talent by not filling areas of need immediately. 

How about the Bears or 49ers?

1 hour ago, BITE ME said:

I know you can't be that stupid.  A no trade clause only matters when the team is trading you and you don't like where you are being traded to.  You don't get to determine if you are traded.  You have a contract. He has no say in the matter. 

The stupidity of people really is mind boggling.  

There is much irony embedded within this quote. I appreciate the onion that is you: so many layers to peel back, and it just keeps getting more noxious. 

Edited by Richard Noggin
better word
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Augie said:

To be honest, I don’t want to bite him either. As they say in pre-school, “use your words!”  :)

I can’t see them letting a guy of his talent and youth go for almost ANY price. It’s the most important position, and he’s proven. Even the BEST college prospects are still “prospects”. The real problems are above the QB position, which is why he wants out. Tough situation, and I’m glad I’m not a Texans fan. 

Hilarious.  He wants out and wants to go to the most inept team in the NFL.  The Jets.  😂

He wants to go to NY so he can be in the media capital of the world and get all the attention and endorsements.  He is all about himself.  That is why he only has 1 win in the playoffs in 4 seasons in the NFL despite having the top WR in the NFL for 3 of those seasons.  The guy was the QB of a 4-12 team.  It is amazing people think this guy is elite.  He is arguably the most self-centered QB in the NFL.

• Eyeroll 1

Not sure if it was posted in here or not, but Matt Miller tweeted that he reached out to a bunch of sources and was told that the Jets are absolutely not at the top of Watson's list (which passes the smell test much more than the Miami Herald report IMO).

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Jets should go all in give them pick 2, both Seattle firsts and the Jets 2022 pick along with whatever else you need to get the trade done. I hope that neither the Jets nor Fins get him but it would be the optimal move for either franchise.

For that cost they could just get Trevor Lawrence.

10 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

This is literally a terrible take. Do some research into the games. QBs don’t have win-loss records that are reflective of reality. Watson was phenomenal in 2020, but the TEAM was absolutely terrible. Step up your analytical game. This is a great forum, and it’s weakened by hot takes like invocations of playoff won-loss records that necessarily occur in very small sample sizes. 

Pointing out that the 11-5, 10-6 Watkins/Hopkins/Watt teams won a single playoff game isn't necessarily a hot take though.  

Both sides are looking dumb in this drama:  Teams not picking up the phone to Watson before hiring the GM and then floating their backup QB as a HC prospect....and Watson, months after crying tears of joy (months after his team traded Hopkins) over his big payday playing out publicly his personal dissatisfaction with the GM snub and letting all these stories of not if he is leaving, but where he is headed.

10 hours ago, FieldGeneral said:

Chicago is $10 million over the cap. SF is keeping Jimmy G. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

SF is not keeping Jimmy G. 

San Fran probably would have won the Super Bowl during that 2019 season with better QB play.   They will look to upgrade from someone who is basically a game manager with all the big names being thrown around as in play.   

• Like (+1) 1

Watson doesn't have any leverage.  He's under contract and the team is coming off a 4-12 season with him last year.  And while that's not necessarily on him, the point is he can't threaten a holdout under the pretenses that it ruins their chances at the playoffs this coming season.  Meanwhile holding-out racks-up huge fines.

That being said, they should do what they can to mend fences.  Both sides.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Pointing out that the 11-5, 10-6 Watkins/Hopkins/Watt teams won a single playoff game isn't necessarily a hot take though.  

Both sides are looking dumb in this drama:  Teams not picking up the phone to Watson before hiring the GM and then floating their backup QB as a HC prospect....and Watson, months after crying tears of joy (months after his team traded Hopkins) over his big payday playing out publicly his personal dissatisfaction with the GM snub and letting all these stories of not if he is leaving, but where he is headed.

Watson had a pretty good game against KC, playing well enough to beat most teams. The defense, however, gave up 51 points. He accounted for 3 tds, didn’t turn the ball over, threw for 388 yards, and ran for another 37. They didn’t lose because of him.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Watson had a pretty good game against KC, playing well enough to beat most teams. The defense, however, gave up 51 points. He accounted for 3 tds, didn’t turn the ball over, threw for 388 yards, and ran for another 37. They didn’t lose because of him.

Yes the Defense stunk in that game, but after getting a 21 point lead in the 1st Q,  Texans would only score 10 more points and got shut out in the 4th Q, turning it over on downs 3 straight drives.

In the 2018 WC game, Watson was pretty much a dud.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes the Defense stunk in that game, but after getting a 21 point lead in the 1st Q,  Texans would only score 10 more points and got shut out in the 4th Q, turning it over on downs 3 straight drives.

In the 2018 WC game, Watson was pretty much a dud.

Oh man, only after scoring 31 points. Pitiful.

53 minutes ago, FireChans said:

lol I know.  7 points after halftime..

A guy like 2020 Josh brings them back to cover for the Collapse of the D.  Superstar does that...

Edited by Mr. WEO

2 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

This just confirms what everyone already knew, Watson is a baby.  Who signs a HUGE contract and then wants out 1 year later?  A baby who cries when things are not going well.

I'm glad the Bills didn't draft him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

First, the special teams scored 7 of those points on a blocked punt.  Second, Watson put up a whopping 7 points in the last 40 minutes of the game.  😂

Did you not watch the game?  Watson was awful.

6 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

First, the special teams scored 7 of those points on a blocked punt.  Second, Watson put up a whopping 7 points in the last 40 minutes of the game.  😂

image.jpeg.ecf5b1c8fad2cbde6ac898d4ebeee335.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol I know.  7 points after halftime..

A guy like 2020 Josh brings them back to cover for the Collapse of the D.  Superstar does that...

So does a prime Brady or Rodgers.  Watson is a good QB. He's not top 3. You got him.....

27 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

He had >400 yards and 3 TD's.

Problem was his defense let the opposing QB drop 370 yards and 5 TD's. 

Imagine playing with a defense that gets a 21 point lead and can't manage a single sack lol.

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Nope.  But having Watson would be a nothing to complain about.

Then why did you want me to give you a break?  I think that adversity reveals character and Watson isn't putting himself in the best light right now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Then why did you want me to give you a break?  I think that adversity reveals character and Watson isn't putting himself in the best light right now.

Because if I couldn’t have Allen or Mahomes, Watson would be my next choice.  You act like they would have been stuck with EJ Manuel.