Deshaun Watson prefers the Jets

I predict the Texans won't end up trading Deshaun Watson.

If they have any sense whatsoever -- and it's no guarantee that they do -- they'll do what they need to do to salvage the relationship, and will bring in whatever coach Watson feels comfortable with.

If they trade away Deshaun Watson at age 25 -- no matter WHAT the compensation they get back is -- they'll regret it forever.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 14

Just now, Logic said:

If they have any sense whatsoever -- and it's no guarantee that they do -- they'll do what they need to do to salvage the relationship, and will bring in whatever coach Watson feels comfortable with.

If they trade away Deshaun Watson at age 25 -- no matter WHAT the compensation they get back is -- they'll regret it forever.

They had Watson & Hopkins and managed to screw that up! (I would trade 51 other players before either one of them) 

They must already be filled with regret.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

A lot of people close to the situation doubt that Houston will make the trade.  They have also shared the challenges that a team will have that trades for Watson.  You inherit a franchise QB contract but have no draft capital to put talent around him for several years.  Essentially it’s the same situation as Houston this year.  

If Houston hires a coach like Bienenemy, Frazier, or whoever else I can see them talking DeShaun into playing.  A lot can happen

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillies said:

They had Watson & Hopkins and managed to screw that up! (I would trade 51 other players before either one of them) 

They must already be filled with regret.

Giving O’Brien sufficient power to trade a future HOF WR in his prime is not reason for regret. It’s a reason to sell the team. Pure idiocy.

3 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

....This is one of those carefully worded articles...that if you just read it closely, and how it's worded....is PURE speculation....Watson has said nothing.

Linked article. No exact quotes so could be speculation and agent speak.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article248718210.html

Watson this week told people the Jets are his top preference among the teams he’d like to be traded to because they hired Robert Saleh to be their coach and Watson values Saleh so much he wanted the Texans to interview him for their vacant head coach job.

Watson confirmed reports, circulated for several weeks in national media, he’d also welcome playing for the Dolphins but said that is his second choice at this time.

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

have you seen this organization’s past decisions? Won’t surprise me!

What was his wonderlic score again 

4 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

A lot of people close to the situation doubt that Houston will make the trade.  They have also shared the challenges that a team will have that trades for Watson.  You inherit a franchise QB contract but have no draft capital to put talent around him for several years.  Essentially it’s the same situation as Houston this year.  

If Houston hires a coach like Bienenemy, Frazier, or whoever else I can see them talking DeShaun into playing.  A lot can happen

This is exactly right. To go to a worse team that, because of what it will take to swing this trade, will then lack the assets to properly build around him, is like a hamster on a wheel. Plus he lucks into a trash state tax situation. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Success said:

That's the kind of statement that, if I was a computer, I'd start smoking and shooting sparks, and saying things like "does not calculate....does not calculate...."

ElatedAnyEeve-small.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

....This is one of those carefully worded articles...that if you just read it closely, and how it's worded....is PURE speculation....Watson has said nothing.

Is is pure speculation and it surfaced big time after Richard Sherman, who Saleh was coaching last year went to the Jets and apparently Sherman loves Saleh and recommended Watson go there..

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

I agree with you here, but it is possible Watson has already decided he is leaving the team or that the relationship can't be resurrected.

In that case, he's gonna get traded.

I have no idea how far gone it is there.  We'll find out soon enough.

28 minutes ago, Logic said:

Probably not forever...