Tyler Kroft positive COVID result reported Sat am [EDIT: now said to be false pos and he's active again]

RiotAct

13 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

I'm sorry but being prior military, I've had lengthy TDY's and numerous separations from my family for the mission. 

These guys are millionaires. 

They can "Rough it" for a month and go on lock down. 

Yup, exactly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I understand your point and appreciate your service....but one difference you may be overlooking is that you signed on, knowing TDY you would not see your family.

The NFL and NFLPA negotiated how the season would work and explicitly excluded a bubble or lockdown.  So saying to them "lockdown now" would be changing the terms of their employment.  Maybe they'd agree, but the NFL isn't the military, and they can't just dictate or change the terms unilaterally.  The players have got to buy in.

It's also not likely for a lockdown or bubble to be effective unless you also lockdown all the staff who have player contact - trainers, medical, coaches, I'm not sure who all.  You gotta know this, you're only as strong as your weakest link.

The focus and time put in on this team, staff, medical etc over the next 3-4 weeks is gonna be way dialed in and ramped up. There won’t be time for anything anyways. 

The conversation would be short and simple. “We are on a mission, your focus is here at the facility and if not you are at home resting or studying. Please limit your interactions and your families interactions socially unless it’s mandatory, this will ensure we get to do what we set out to do”..... nobody is gonna question that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buddo said:

There has been talk, in the past, of getting teams to 'bubble' for the playoffs, but whether or not that happens, is another question.

NFLPA has said no. There extended answer "Will we get paid more and if not the answer is 'no' and can we add some addition restrictions since you asked?"

54 minutes ago, hemma said:

Well, I guess this should remind the rest of the team not let down their guard.

Personally, I wouldn’t object if some vaccine fell off the back of a truck at OBD.

Since it requires two vaccinations with a period of time apart it would require two trucks. 

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Damn Tight Ends! WTF is the matter with you guys? Can’t follow team guidelines? Undisciplined SOBs! 

Of course he’s not essential, but who else is he gonna drag down? 🤬

Dude barely plays anyways and signed a pretty decent contract.

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

You have to wonder if riding the pine makes it a little less incentivizing to be completely locked down/careful. 

He’s a neighbor.  I don’t know the guy, and I have no idea what his daily habits are. But we have a lot of idiots in the neighborhood who act very irresponsibly.  This guy is not one of them.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Buffarukus said:

they sweat and slam into each other every play of the game but yeah...the end game handshake is maddening? 

They sweat and slam into 10-15 guys during the game then they go and shake hands and hug 20 additional guys .. the backup quarterback, the TE coach, .... needless close contact. Getting Covid for these young men is not normally going to be a huge issue for their health.. but if they lose two weeks it could sink everything the team has been working toward. I would love one good reason that they should do this .. the answer is that despite your snarky response there is none

2 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

I’d bet that Kroft WAS diligently following all protocols. You don’t just get Covid from hanging out with crowds. He is a stand up, hard working, follow the rules to a T kinda guy from all we’ve seen. Your thoughts here are pretty short sighted

I wonder if your thoughts would be the same if this happened to Allen or Diggs before our first playoff game. Point is with this much on the line at this stage of the season you sit home unless you need to work

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Saves the Bills the trouble of making him inactive.  Real problem is the close contacts.  Hope for the best for everyone on the Bills.

The real problem is that guys family, and especially the baby.  Their health is all that matters.  Football is secondary in this situation.  This coming from someone who has been to nearly every game since 1990.

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Saves the Bills the trouble of making him inactive.  Real problem is the close contacts.  Hope for the best for everyone on the Bills.

Eh, I figured he’d play a lot tomorrow.  Knox is an important piece of our offense and he shouldn’t be out there if we’re resting guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ToBillsFan said:

I wonder if your thoughts would be the same if this happened to Allen or Diggs before our first playoff game. Point is with this much on the line at this stage of the season you sit home unless you need to work

Ummm?

maybe read it again?

If it isn't obvious, my thoughts would be unique for each affected person based on what we know about said person and thats what we know about Kroft. He's a plugger, a selfless player who knows sacrifice in his role, and is a brand new dad, likely on high alert for safety related things.

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

He’s a neighbor.  I don’t know the guy, and I have no idea what his daily habits are. But we have a lot of idiots in the neighborhood who act very irresponsibly.  This guy is not one of them.  

Could you please stick a "get well soon, hope your family is well" note in his mailbox for me?  You could sign it "Hapless Bills Fan from Two Bills Drive".

• Awesome! (+1) 1