Week 17: Dolphins at Bills - Squish the Fish playoff hopes and dreams

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, balln said:

where is all this davis webb love from? literally didnt know he was on the team until they made him active this week? Is he gonna see the field week 17?

Former Giants QB. Been on our PS since week 2 I think.  Selfishly I would LOVE a Davis Webb led Bills to knock out the Fish in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 2

Favorite Narratives I’m tracking heading into the playoffs: 

“Josh Allen is great, but he needs to show me he can do it in the playoffs.... also, watch out for those ravens!!! Nobody wants to see them with how Lamar is playing.”

And: 

Media: “The biggest story of week 17 is that we’re here! We made it on schedule through the NFL season. Nobody saw this as possible in August.”

Those of us who said all offseason that the season would be fine, though it would be different. The virus would be contained by the league protocols and they would figure out a way to make it work- it’s not the Black Death: “what...”

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Phinsfaninpeace said:

Ok. Thats your opinion thats fine. Im ok with that. Its ok to have different thoughts. 

I will say this though, we lose this game if you guys play your starters. I feel you are still a much better team than us this year. Hopefully we are more on your level next year. But you guys may jump up another level also there's that. Im just looking forward to our two teams battling for years like back in the day. I never had a problem with the bills. I will always hate the cheatriots and I hate hate hate the jets and even worse adam gase. Im so glad he's destroyed that franchise!! 

Not here to pick fights man... 

The Bills are unquestionably a better team than the Dolphins, regardless of your feels

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

There is nothing wrong with any of your analysis there, but I remain scared to death of Tennessee.  Probably irrationally so.  But it is a bad matchup for the Bills and it's the one I would avoid if I could (leading up to my assumption that all roads ultimately run through KC at some point in time).

The irony is that Tannehill is one of the least scary QBs in the AFC playoffs, but it's still a bad match up for us on a team-wide level.

I’m looking forward to a rematch. It might not look great on paper, but IIRC we were without Tre’ White, Milano, Wallace, Moss, Feliciano, Spain, Winters, Lee Smith, and John Brown the first time around. Plus Allen and Edmunds were playing injured and the Titans were basically coming off a bye. It’s kind of difficult to stop a playoff team when you’re playing without starting corners and healthy linebackers. I want to see what happens against Tennessee when this team has a relatively healthy roster and an equal amount of time to prepare. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m looking forward to a rematch. It might not look great on paper, but IIRC we were without Tre’ White, Milano, Wallace, Moss, Feliciano, Spain, Winters, Lee Smith, and John Brown the first time around. Plus Allen and Edmunds were playing injured and the Titans were basically coming off a bye. It’s kind of difficult to stop a playoff team when you’re playing without starting corners and healthy linebackers. I want to see what happens against Tennessee when this team has a relatively healthy roster and an equal amount of time to prepare. 

didnt they have a ton of players out w covid?

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Haiku time

Win and they are in

Tua seeing (backup) ghosts 

Fitz to the rescue?

Dolphins hate the cold

Fall far behind by the 3rd

A warm bus awaits

A warm shout out to Fitz, but the Bills just have to squish the fish. Nothing personal😁

Fun fact about the Bills and KC: the Bills won last night by 29 and KC won their last SEVEN games by 27. 

Hmmmmmmmmm. 

Didn’t want to make a thread about this so stuck it here. Not trying to hijack thread. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I don’t think we will play our starting group to long and think the Dolphins will win because of it. They are a decent team that definitely has had luck on their side this year. I don’t think our second team can beat them.

I think our JV team can beat them

3 hours ago, Phinsfaninpeace said:

I was just reading the "Tua to the bench" thread. 

I personally love coach flo and love what he's doing. Its really weird about Tua. It seems he has a damn cult like following and some fans who are in his cult just can't recognize that he's not doing so well. They will give him every excuse in the book. Most likely because they were the ones who predicted or went along the lines of he's the most ready nfl qb to come out in generations or he's the best qb in the class. Personally I didnt want him because of his size and injury. I wanted Herbert because we all knew Burrow was a bengal. I will support him because he is a fins qb but im not afraid to call a duck a duck. We look so much better with Fitzy in (I have a man crush!!) I love Fitz. Tua does some things well but he has alot to learn.

To answer your question, I support it because its worked. I understand the arguments against it though. At the same time I hope we bring in another qb via draft at some point to get Tua competition. We will also be drafting weapons for Tua to grow with. Hopefully it works out but as far as coach flo... coach of the year in my opinion. He has our whole team playing very good, even with a bunch of rookies on the o line and scrubs for rbs and wrs

Being elite isn't about just wins, its about how you win also. Look at pittsburg this year. They won 11 before they lost but their wins were definitely not looking good. 

You guys are a very solid football team and organization right now. 

Its hard not to love Fitz.  Best journeyman QB ever IMO.