Week 17: Dolphins at Bills - Squish the Fish playoff hopes and dreams

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Here’s my prediction how things turn out.

Bills get 2 seed. Face off against 7 seed Cleveland as I see the afc remaining the same, especially with the Steelers resting their starters which means bills probably will too resulting in a Dolphins win.

2 vs 7. Bills beat browns

3 vs 6. Steelers vs ravens. Picking ravens

4 vs 5. Titans vs Dolphins. Picking Titans

6 vs 1. Ravens vs KC

2 vs 4. Bills vs titans

Still a lot can play out as this is just a pure prediction, but I think bills will have to beat Cleveland and Tennessee to get to AFC championship game. Which is very doable.

There is nothing wrong with any of your analysis there, but I remain scared to death of Tennessee.  Probably irrationally so.  But it is a bad matchup for the Bills and it's the one I would avoid if I could (leading up to my assumption that all roads ultimately run through KC at some point in time).

The irony is that Tannehill is one of the least scary QBs in the AFC playoffs, but it's still a bad match up for us on a team-wide level.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think they know they are about to face an Elite team and like facing the patriots in the past, to much silliness happens.. dumb mistakes you don't normally make against other teams.. Are they scared? no... Do thy have massive respect for the bills that would force them to do things they would not normally do? yep

Yessir. Elite, not sure. Solid... yes. In every all aspects. Man Diggs was such a nice pick up for you guys. Weird story quick, im a life long die hard phins fan originally from Miami. But lived in MN so long I might as well be from there. All my buddies who are vikings fans are so mad about that. Jefferson does help ease the pain but man they coulda had an elite passing game had they kept Diggs. I'm just so glad that the cheatriots are done and look forward to having you and us battle for the top spot for years to come! 

My hate is with the cheatriots and the jets. I hate hate hate adam gase and I'm so glad to watch his failures. Even though you guys spanked us in the 80s and 90s with Kelly vs. Marino wars, I still am glad to see our two teams look good again. Cheers to your loss, doubtful but hopefully!! 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I actually really like this Dolphins team.  Their D is fantastic, I love how they approach football, and the organization is definitely moving--quickly--in the right direction.

It's crazy how fast it has happened, but New England could be lost in the wilderness for quite a long time trying to find their next QB.  In the meantime, we might be entering an era of fighting with the Fish for the AFC East, just like in the good old days! 

That rivalry has been DEAD for years and years...but man, it could be back and be back big time, starting RIGHT NOW.

I would LOVE to see it again.

They got lots of picks come the draft . . . careful what you wish for. Saving grace is Tua is playing in the NFL not SEC. 

26 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I actually really like this Dolphins team.  Their D is fantastic, I love how they approach football, and the organization is definitely moving--quickly--in the right direction.

It's crazy how fast it has happened, but New England could be lost in the wilderness for quite a long time trying to find their next QB.  In the meantime, we might be entering an era of fighting with the Fish for the AFC East, just like in the good old days! 

That rivalry has been DEAD for years and years...but man, it could be back and be back big time, starting RIGHT NOW.

I would LOVE to see it again.

Me too man!

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

There is nothing wrong with any of your analysis there, but I remain scared to death of Tennessee.  Probably irrationally so.  But it is a bad matchup for the Bills and it's the one I would avoid if I could (leading up to my assumption that all roads ultimately run through KC at some point in time).

The irony is that Tannehill is one of the least scary QBs in the AFC playoffs, but it's still a bad match up for us on a team-wide level.

Ya I hear you for sure.

Tennessee is definitely a tough matchup for the bills.

I would much rather play Pittsburgh or Miami in the 2nd round if it comes to that.

5 minutes ago, Phinsfaninpeace said:

Yessir. Elite, not sure. Solid... yes. In every all aspects. Man Diggs was such a nice pick up for you guys. Weird story quick, im a life long die hard phins fan originally from Miami. But lived in MN so long I might as well be from there. All my buddies who are vikings fans are so mad about that. Jefferson does help ease the pain but man they coulda had an elite passing game had they kept Diggs. I'm just so glad that the cheatriots are done and look forward to having you and us battle for the top spot for years to come! 

My hate is with the cheatriots and the jets. I hate hate hate adam gase and I'm so glad to watch his failures. Even though you guys spanked us in the 80s and 90s with Kelly vs. Marino wars, I still am glad to see our two teams look good again. Cheers to your loss, doubtful but hopefully!! 

Tell me... How many wins do we need to be elite.?

2020 NFL strength of schedule (toughest to easiest):

• 1. New England Patriots .537
  • 2. New York Jets .533
  • 3. Miami Dolphins .529
  • 4. San Francisco 49ers .527
  • T-5. Buffalo Bills .525
  • T-5. Detroit Lions .525
  • T-5. Atlanta Falcons .525
  • T-8. Arizona Cardinals .518
  • T-8. Houston Texans .518
  • T-10. Minnesota Vikings .516
  • T-10. Los Angeles Rams .516
  • 12. Denver Broncos .512
  • T-13. Chicago Bears .509
  • T-13. Seattle Seahawks .509
  • 15. Green Bay Packers .504
  • T-16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers .502
  • T-16. Indianapolis Colts .502
  • T-18. Kansas City Chiefs .500
  • T-18. Carolina Panthers .500
  • 20. Tennessee Titans .498
  • 21. Las Vegas Raiders .496
  • 22. Jacksonville Jaguars .494
  • 23. Los Angeles Chargers .492
  • 24. New Orleans Saints .490
  • 25. Philadelphia Eagles .486
  • 26. New York Giants .482
  • 27. Cincinnati Bengals .477
  • 28. Washington Redskins .465
  • 29. Cleveland Browns .461
  • 30. Dallas Cowboys .459
  • 31. Pittsburgh Steelers .457
  • 32. Baltimore Ravens .438 

KC 14-1

Buffalo, Pittsburgh, GB 12-4

Among these teams who had the hardest schedule this year? Thats right.. WE DID... Who is next among teams

12-4 or better?

Packers with 15th hardest schedule

KC? Tied for 18th/\  

Let this set in....

• Like (+1) 1

They should be. Right now, with the Steelers in rest the QB and try not to get anyone injured mode, the Browns should win. That makes it a win and you're in game. The game being in Buffalo and the Bills being the hottest team in football, create a scary proposition for Miami. My prediction is Tua will crap the bed and Fitz will be asked to pull his magic routine earlier than last week. If we want the game, the Dolphins lose.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

As far as the Fish being scared to play us, I only know for sure about one of them.  I can guarantee you that Fitzy wants us BAD!!  Dude has the heart of a champion, if not the arm of one.

5 yard penalty for illegal poetry formation.  That is a limerick, not a haiku.

Yep. And for the 20 years we’ve been doing Dolphin Week haikus, I’ve always bucked the trend with a limerick or two. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Phinsfaninpeace how do you feel about the split qb setup the dolphins are doing? I think Flores is doing a great job and has the team playing well but I just can't wrap my head around that lol 

I was just reading the "Tua to the bench" thread. 

I personally love coach flo and love what he's doing. Its really weird about Tua. It seems he has a damn cult like following and some fans who are in his cult just can't recognize that he's not doing so well. They will give him every excuse in the book. Most likely because they were the ones who predicted or went along the lines of he's the most ready nfl qb to come out in generations or he's the best qb in the class. Personally I didnt want him because of his size and injury. I wanted Herbert because we all knew Burrow was a bengal. I will support him because he is a fins qb but im not afraid to call a duck a duck. We look so much better with Fitzy in (I have a man crush!!) I love Fitz. Tua does some things well but he has alot to learn.

To answer your question, I support it because its worked. I understand the arguments against it though. At the same time I hope we bring in another qb via draft at some point to get Tua competition. We will also be drafting weapons for Tua to grow with. Hopefully it works out but as far as coach flo... coach of the year in my opinion. He has our whole team playing very good, even with a bunch of rookies on the o line and scrubs for rbs and wrs

7 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Tell me... How many wins do we need to be elite.?

2020 NFL strength of schedule (toughest to easiest):

• 1. New England Patriots .537
  • 2. New York Jets .533
  • 3. Miami Dolphins .529
  • 4. San Francisco 49ers .527
  • T-5. Buffalo Bills .525
  • T-5. Detroit Lions .525
  • T-5. Atlanta Falcons .525
  • T-8. Arizona Cardinals .518
  • T-8. Houston Texans .518
  • T-10. Minnesota Vikings .516
  • T-10. Los Angeles Rams .516
  • 12. Denver Broncos .512
  • T-13. Chicago Bears .509
  • T-13. Seattle Seahawks .509
  • 15. Green Bay Packers .504
  • T-16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers .502
  • T-16. Indianapolis Colts .502
  • T-18. Kansas City Chiefs .500
  • T-18. Carolina Panthers .500
  • 20. Tennessee Titans .498
  • 21. Las Vegas Raiders .496
  • 22. Jacksonville Jaguars .494
  • 23. Los Angeles Chargers .492
  • 24. New Orleans Saints .490
  • 25. Philadelphia Eagles .486
  • 26. New York Giants .482
  • 27. Cincinnati Bengals .477
  • 28. Washington Redskins .465
  • 29. Cleveland Browns .461
  • 30. Dallas Cowboys .459
  • 31. Pittsburgh Steelers .457
  • 32. Baltimore Ravens .438 

KC 14-1

Buffalo, Pittsburgh, GB 12-4

Among these teams who had the hardest schedule this year? Thats right.. WE DID... Who is next among teams

12-4 or better?

Packers with 15th hardest schedule

KC? Tied for 18th/\  

Let this set in....

Being elite isn't about just wins, its about how you win also. Look at pittsburg this year. They won 11 before they lost but their wins were definitely not looking good. 

You guys are a very solid football team and organization right now. 

2 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

They should be. Right now, with the Steelers in rest the QB and try not to get anyone injured mode, the Browns should win. That makes it a win and you're in game. The game being in Buffalo and the Bills being the hottest team in football, create a scary proposition for Miami. My prediction is Tua will crap the bed and Fitz will be asked to pull his magic routine earlier than last week. If we want the game, the Dolphins lose.

I'm sure none of us are truly unbiased and we really don't want Tua to be good but I have seen him a lot from watching nfl redzone and im pretty sure anyone would tell you that offense isn't even close to as effective as it is with Fitz starting.   Had a debate with my giants fan friends about it...they said 'well tua doesn't turn the ball over as much so he gives them the best chance of keeping them in the game' but he doesn't do anything positive either.  It really is exactly like the Tyrod situation like many others have said.  If Fitz was starting I would definitely give them a chance in this game he neutralizes the pass rush by getting the ball out quick which always seemed to give us issues in the past.  Although we had no trouble with the steelers who have been playing that way all season. 

5 minutes ago, Phinsfaninpeace said:

Being elite isn't about just wins, its about how you win also. Look at pittsburg this year. They won 11 before they lost but their wins were definitely not looking good. 

Coming in the Bills forums picking this fight is scetchy.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Welcome over. Looks like you will see the Backups. With this McD quote. 

Thanks! And thank God!! Haha because with steelers playing their 2nds thats not a lock. Baltimore will win and most likely colts too. We really need to win this game

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

Coming in the Bills forums picking this fight is scetchy.

No man, im not picking a fight at all. Sorry if you thought that. Im just stating my opinion. Thats all

2 minutes ago, Phinsfaninpeace said:

I was just reading the "Tua to the bench" thread. 

I personally love coach flo and love what he's doing. Its really weird about Tua. It seems he has a damn cult like following and some fans who are in his cult just can't recognize that he's not doing so well. They will give him every excuse in the book. Most likely because they were the ones who predicted or went along the lines of he's the most ready nfl qb to come out in generations or he's the best qb in the class. Personally I didnt want him because of his size and injury. I wanted Herbert because we all knew Burrow was a bengal. I will support him because he is a fins qb but im not afraid to call a duck a duck. We look so much better with Fitzy in (I have a man crush!!) I love Fitz. Tua does some things well but he has alot to learn.

To answer your question, I support it because its worked. I understand the arguments against it though. At the same time I hope we bring in another qb via draft at some point to get Tua competition. We will also be drafting weapons for Tua to grow with. Hopefully it works out but as far as coach flo... coach of the year in my opinion. He has our whole team playing very good, even with a bunch of rookies on the o line and scrubs for rbs and wrs

Right its really a results driven business...that much is true so its hard to criticize him for something that hasn't hurt them yet.  It just strikes me as 'lets develop our rookie qb and if we can win the game late with fitzpatrick we'll take that too'...seems like such an odd way to approach a playoff race. No doubt flores is doing a good job but if Tua struggles in a playoff game its gonna turn into a huge issue. 

• Like (+1) 1