Marshawn Lynch Would Un-Retire For A Contender

H2o

31 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Wow!  Can we have the LeGarrette Blount conversation all over again??

The reason we're having these Blount/Lynch threads is because no one has much faith in our 2 guys getting 1 yard. And as much as I like Josh's short yardage ability, do we really want him taking all these extra shots. And the OL is also to blame.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The reason we're having these Blount/Lynch threads is because no one has much faith in our 2 guys getting 1 yard. And as much as I like Josh's short yardage ability, do we really want him taking all these extra shots. And the OL is also to blame.

We could have just kept Frank Gore if you wanted someone to gain 1 yard - he seemed pretty good at that. Just couldn't count on him going any farther than that at this stage of his career.

55 minutes ago, H2o said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/10/marshawn-lynch-id-unretire-for-a-contender-teams-have-shown-interest/

I know he's 34, but he still averaged 4.2ypc last year in limited action. He also can pick up a blitz no problem. Would you all like to have him back for a playoff run? 

Singletary's blitz pickups this year have been pretty great most games. Including last game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/10/marshawn-lynch-id-unretire-for-a-contender-teams-have-shown-interest/

I know he's 34, but he still averaged 4.2ypc last year in limited action. He also can pick up a blitz no problem. Would you all like to have him back for a playoff run? 

Hey, let's bring back Fred Jax and CJ also! C'mon, hard no!

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Not a shot in the world - he is exactly the opposite of what we need.  

We don’t need his head case or his antics.  We don’t need his slow run into the pile.  We don’t need him not doing his job.

If we are looking to bring someone in (which we are not) - get some speed at RB3.  

He also is going to need to replace Yeldon or Jones - so they need some special teams prowess.

Lynch fits none of that at all.  

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We had that guy last year in Gore and everyone wigged out about him - I don’t see an older Lynch getting you a yard or more when Frank couldn’t.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

We could have just kept Frank Gore if you wanted someone to gain 1 yard - he seemed pretty good at that. Just couldn't count on him going any farther than that at this stage of his career.

I want a speed RB capable of getting anywhere from 1-99 yards. Who can quickly attack the tiny little seams our OL supplies. Neither Moss or Singletary are speed backs. I also don't want Josh having to crash the line on 4th & 1 all the time. We lose him we're done.  And no I don't want Gore. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Marshawn Lynch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LeGarrette Blount. 

That's not even a valid comparison by any means. 

They were both totally gassed by the end of their careers.  Lynch "unretired" once already: 3 games, 35 runs, 67 yards, 4 TDs.  Blunt's last year was better than that.

In a valid comparison, both are equally done.