Should we give the Bills a pass vs. LAC???

Billsfan1972

2 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Shoulda won by 20+

Really poor showing in the 4th. Gave them every chance to come back and win that game. 

As long as the team learns from this and gets better we can move forward.

It just seems like this is the same story every week, too many miscues at the wrong time.

You cannot win a playoff game like that.

is this for real?

you can't win a playoff game like that? they won. what are smoking.

the comments in the last 24 hrs after this win are just unreal. just ***** unreal.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Not falling on the fumble was stupid. He'll even say himself it was stupid and he has to do better. Yet, it's likely we'll see that stuff again this season...

Counterpoint.

Allen is a playmaker, and frankly I don't want that to change.  I'll live with the occasional negative play if it means getting the highlight reel plays.  You're going to have to learn to live with this sort of thing for the next ten years or so.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

You cannot win a playoff game like that.

Nice cliche.

I could start a thread and post all kinds of games the SB Bills era teams won while not looking crisp.

The other guys get paid meal money, too.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

is this for real?

you can't win a playoff game like that? they won. what are smoking.

the comments in the last 24 hrs after this win are just unreal. just ***** unreal.

Are we beating the Titans/Colts/Steelers/Chiefs giving up 3 turnovers in a row in the 4th?

No we cannot win a playoff game like that. WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Counterpoint.

Allen is a playmaker, and frankly I don't want that to change.  I'll live with the occasional negative play if it means getting the highlight reel plays.  You're going to have to learn to live with this sort of thing for the next ten years or so.

Correct. You want the play in Dallas you gotta live with the play yesterday. 

Also, didn't Herbert pick up a fumbled snap yesterday and complete a pass?  Or am I imagining that?  It wasn't an especially dramatic play, but it just further reinforces the point that QBs don't normally just flop on every bad snap.  (It's possible that I'm thinking of some other game).

Edited by BillsFanSD

6 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Oh no, not the same Dolphins or Raiders that we already beat this year?!?!?!?   This kind of cowardly talk is getting ridiculous.  This is a very good Bills team, that when firing on all cylinders can be a great team, whether you are excited or not.  

Yup, there are a bunch of absolute, ( I’ll choose my words carefully ) sissy boy, bundle of sticks, British cigarette, fans on this board, and yes the are cowardly in their words. 

Okay now for a cup of coffee, woke up a bit later than usual...

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

If we score 27?  Possibly.  

an the score could have been out of control if the turnovers didn't go down.  no excusing the turnovers, but it could have been ugly.  right now the bills biggest threat is themselves.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

At some point, this team needs to find an answer for the second-half collapses.

Consider that it was less than 12 months ago that we boasted a 16-point lead over the Houston Texans in the Wild Card round of the playoffs.  What could have been our first playoff victory in well over 20 years, was spoiled by a total mental breakdown on both sides of the ball.  Missed tackles.  Penalties.  Sacks.  Instead of learning from that comedy of errors, and improving in 2020, the Bills seem to have embraced the Texans game as our identity.  A team that starts out of the gate strong, but struggles to close out opponents.

Sorry if I can't get excited about 8-3.  We had the same record last year, and even improved to 9-3 after our exciting Thanksgiving victory.  It didn't stop us from ending the season 1-4, with the bitterly disappointing finish listed above.  Eleven games in, I have seen ZERO improvement from this team as a whole.  My last hope was that we could get some things right at the bye.  But we didn't.  Rest assured, the 2020 Bills are headed for the same kind of heartbreaking finish as 2019.

The Dolphins continue to bite at our heels in the division, and I'm not 100% sure this thing ends with us a top the AFC East.  If we somehow manage to scrape out 1st Place, I'm horrified at the prospect of a first-round exit courtesy of the Browns, Dolphins or Raiders.

If you think this year's 8-3 is the same as last year's 8-3 then you haven't been paying enough attention. There have been no Dwayne Haskins, Eli Mannings, Andy Daltons or Brandon Allens on this schedule. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

At some point, this team needs to find an answer for the second-half collapses.

Consider that it was less than 12 months ago that we boasted a 16-point lead over the Houston Texans in the Wild Card round of the playoffs.  What could have been our first playoff victory in well over 20 years, was spoiled by a total mental breakdown on both sides of the ball.  Missed tackles.  Penalties.  Sacks.  Instead of learning from that comedy of errors, and improving in 2020, the Bills seem to have embraced the Texans game as our identity.  A team that starts out of the gate strong, but struggles to close out opponents.

Sorry if I can't get excited about 8-3.  We had the same record last year, and even improved to 9-3 after our exciting Thanksgiving victory.  It didn't stop us from ending the season 1-4, with the bitterly disappointing finish listed above.  Eleven games in, I have seen ZERO improvement from this team as a whole.  My last hope was that we could get some things right at the bye.  But we didn't.  Rest assured, the 2020 Bills are headed for the same kind of heartbreaking finish as 2019.

The Dolphins continue to bite at our heels in the division, and I'm not 100% sure this thing ends with us a top the AFC East.  If we somehow manage to scrape out 1st Place, I'm horrified at the prospect of a first-round exit courtesy of the Browns, Dolphins or Raiders.

how do you get through the day?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

an the score could have been out of control if the turnovers didn't go down.  no excusing the turnovers, but it could have been ugly.  right now the bills biggest threat is themselves.  

Josh Allen throws for 150 with two turnovers and we still score 27....that's actually a good sign.  If this was the 2017 Bills, we score 10 points at the most.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

IMHO the problem is the Bills always find a way to steal a moment in the wrong direction. It seems they are the dominant team (Chiefs and Titans games excepted) for like 75% of the game but some bonehead play (Personal foul on a long and third by the D,  Allen failing to fall on that snap-miscue, Singletary fumble, those completed Hail Mary passes, etc.) brings the other team back from the dead. I am super glad they won and I don't care how they did it but just once it would be great to watch them control the game from start to finish. Then again their antics are doing a good job of cleaning out my arteries.

59 minutes ago, Magox said:

Chargers are a talented team.  This was their first loss (I believe) of more than 8 points.

The Bills overcame 3 turnovers which cost them from winning this game by even more than they did and the defense and running game played well.

Running the ball and playing good defense is what this team will need to be able to put themselves in better position to win games in the playoffs.

Josh needs to be able to dissect zone defenses better but he did accurately throw the ball enough to keep moving the chains aside from that bad pick .

All of this plus I thought the Bills had a strong game on Special Teams.