Should we give the Bills a pass vs. LAC???

Billsfan1972

53 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

The Chiefs just won their last 3 games by a total of 9 points.....it’s the NFL not the NCAA.....blowouts are not common in the NFL.

They also scored 27 points with 500 some odd offensive yards and won by 3.  Mahomes had like 3 picks called back on penalties too.

Edited by dneveu
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

At some point, this team needs to find an answer for the second-half collapses.

Consider that it was less than 12 months ago that we boasted a 16-point lead over the Houston Texans in the Wild Card round of the playoffs.  What could have been our first playoff victory in well over 20 years, was spoiled by a total mental breakdown on both sides of the ball.  Missed tackles.  Penalties.  Sacks.  Instead of learning from that comedy of errors, and improving in 2020, the Bills seem to have embraced the Texans game as our identity.  A team that starts out of the gate strong, but struggles to close out opponents.

Sorry if I can't get excited about 8-3.  We had the same record last year, and even improved to 9-3 after our exciting Thanksgiving victory.  It didn't stop us from ending the season 1-4, with the bitterly disappointing finish listed above.  Eleven games in, I have seen ZERO improvement from this team as a whole.  My last hope was that we could get some things right at the bye.  But we didn't.  Rest assured, the 2020 Bills are headed for the same kind of heartbreaking finish as 2019.

The Dolphins continue to bite at our heels in the division, and I'm not 100% sure this thing ends with us a top the AFC East.  If we somehow manage to scrape out 1st Place, I'm horrified at the prospect of a first-round exit courtesy of the Browns, Dolphins or Raiders.

LOL

Our offense has went from 19 ppg in 2019 to 27 ppg in 2020....against more difficult competition.  We have already faced 7 teams with winning records....our schedule is very difficult and we are still 8-3.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Shoulda won by 20+

Really poor showing in the 4th. Gave them every chance to come back and win that game. 

As long as the team learns from this and gets better we can move forward.

It just seems like this is the same story every week, too many miscues at the wrong time.

You cannot win a playoff game like that.

Really?  Didn’t Houston win a playoff game last year after being totally outplayed for 3 quarters?

It happens every year.  Teams get outplayed and find a way to win.  Sometimes luck - sometimes skill, but the win counts.

Hell KC was dominated by Houston for over a quarter and had a 21-0 lead.  They came back.

Even look at the KC/TB game yesterday.  KC had a huge lead and record setting pace and then gets outplayed the rest of the game and let TB get back into.  2 questionable calls took away 2 Ints or TB wins that game.  Yet you sit here and expect KC to win in the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Some people just don't it...

... it’s just terrible being misunderstood... 

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

It was tongue in cheek....  Just that they seemed off after the bye and did not seem sharp.

It was too a game they could not afford to lose.  

The running game (outside Josh was not particularly good until the 4th...

I call BS on this.

I am usually tough on the Bills and after yesterday's game, came away not very happy.  Mostly it is always about the offense & yesterday they were out of sync & Bosa just killed them.  Disjointed and just not a great game to watch.  

Concerned that they seem flat of late (outside of Seattle game).

As for the running game, really it only came to life late in the game, and while stats look good, it put them in a hole early in the game.  

Again want to see a really dominant game (heck look at Atl yesterday).

But this week I'll give them a pass.  However no excuse vs. SF 49'ers & looking ahead to the Steelers, or similar excuses. 

This sounds like a "kissin' cousin" to the "Moral Victory".  At one time we would lose games like this and look for a bright spot: "Our QB passed for over 300 yds and a TD!"

Now we win and we got a "Moral Loss" society who wants to grade the win for style points and pronounce they will "give them a pass"

We.  Won.

Allen said it when asked what his biggest takeaway was from the game: "We're 8 and 3"

We won.  They lost.  Get over it.

Moreover, thanks to solid play by the offense and some true Stud play in the clutch by our defense, we had the lead throughout the game, including answering back to maintain a 2 score lead in the 4th quarter.  I've read people getting all kerfluffled like we almost let the Chargers win in the final minute.  They had a chance to lose 24-27 instead of 17-27, that's it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

I call BS on this.

Whatever you want to think.

I came away from the game not happy at all, seeing it was a bye week & the bad taste in my mouth from the Arizona game (where there was some concern with the Bills play & playcalling on offense imo).

I was really looking forward to the game and see the Bills assert themselves, which did not happen.

However after sleeping on it (no did not toss & turn and dream about the Bills all night), I just thought that it was not a great game by them, that they'll learn from it & heck it was a win.    

Edited by Billsfan1972

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I came away from the game not happy at all, seeing it was a bye week & the bad taste in my mouth from the Arizona game (where there was some concern with the Bills play & playcalling on offense imo).

I was really looking forward to the game and see the Bills assert themselves, which did not happen.

However after sleeping on it (no did not toss & turn and dream about the Bills all night), I just thought that it was not a great game by them, that they'll learn from it & heck it was a win.    

not happy with a win. disgusting

you take the cake.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It was tongue in cheek....  Just that they seemed off after the bye and did not seem sharp.

It was too a game they could not afford to lose.  

The running game (outside Josh was not particularly good until the 4th...

Every hot take is tonguing cheek after you get lamb basted.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

You are rarely happy when the Bills win - so get over it - you can go root for your actual team and go to their message board.

Give them a pass - I am sure the Bills are grateful that you chose to give them a pass after beating the Chargers by their biggest margin of the season, holding the Chargers to their lowest scoring output since week 3, out coaching and out performing them, and once again winning the game and beating the Vegas odds.

Glad you are hear to give them that pass.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

At some point, this team needs to find an answer for the second-half collapses.

Consider that it was less than 12 months ago that we boasted a 16-point lead over the Houston Texans in the Wild Card round of the playoffs.  What could have been our first playoff victory in well over 20 years, was spoiled by a total mental breakdown on both sides of the ball.  Missed tackles.  Penalties.  Sacks.  Instead of learning from that comedy of errors, and improving in 2020, the Bills seem to have embraced the Texans game as our identity.  A team that starts out of the gate strong, but struggles to close out opponents.

Sorry if I can't get excited about 8-3.  We had the same record last year, and even improved to 9-3 after our exciting Thanksgiving victory.  It didn't stop us from ending the season 1-4, with the bitterly disappointing finish listed above.  Eleven games in, I have seen ZERO improvement from this team as a whole.  My last hope was that we could get some things right at the bye.  But we didn't.  Rest assured, the 2020 Bills are headed for the same kind of heartbreaking finish as 2019.

The Dolphins continue to bite at our heels in the division, and I'm not 100% sure this thing ends with us a top the AFC East.  If we somehow manage to scrape out 1st Place, I'm horrified at the prospect of a first-round exit courtesy of the Browns, Dolphins or Raiders.

This forum has gotten so whiny and sounds like this:

"But why can't every Bill's player and coach make the perfect and better decision compared to his opponent 100% of the time, every time a decision or play has to be made, against other NFL caliber players and coaches???!?!"

At least it'll give me comfort in the event that the Bills season comes to an end that so many idiots will be incomprehensibly irate. Lol

• Awesome! (+1) 1