Should we give the Bills a pass vs. LAC???

Billsfan1972

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

The Bills just aren't going to dominate a team for 4 quarters.  It's NFL football. As the saying goes...the opponents get paid too.  After the Arizona i finally accepted the fact that Buffalo is a good team, above average..but they aren't anything special.  8 wins is a helluva accomplishment to this point so take it and go

Well maybe you don't find this team special but I do.

They blew up the Dline after last year and they are just finding the groove now.

This offence is set to smash all sorts of long Standing  Buffalo(see what I did there?) records this year .

Buffalo is happening now :)

• Like (+1) 1

At some point, this team needs to find an answer for the second-half collapses.

Consider that it was less than 12 months ago that we boasted a 16-point lead over the Houston Texans in the Wild Card round of the playoffs.  What could have been our first playoff victory in well over 20 years, was spoiled by a total mental breakdown on both sides of the ball.  Missed tackles.  Penalties.  Sacks.  Instead of learning from that comedy of errors, and improving in 2020, the Bills seem to have embraced the Texans game as our identity.  A team that starts out of the gate strong, but struggles to close out opponents.

Sorry if I can't get excited about 8-3.  We had the same record last year, and even improved to 9-3 after our exciting Thanksgiving victory.  It didn't stop us from ending the season 1-4, with the bitterly disappointing finish listed above.  Eleven games in, I have seen ZERO improvement from this team as a whole.  My last hope was that we could get some things right at the bye.  But we didn't.  Rest assured, the 2020 Bills are headed for the same kind of heartbreaking finish as 2019.

The Dolphins continue to bite at our heels in the division, and I'm not 100% sure this thing ends with us a top the AFC East.  If we somehow manage to scrape out 1st Place, I'm horrified at the prospect of a first-round exit courtesy of the Browns, Dolphins or Raiders.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I wanted to see the Bills step on the Chargers' throat and throttle them, but I knew it wouldn't happen. For whatever reason they are coached to keep the other team in the game in the 2nd half. This is why I'm not a big fan of McDermott.

Also Allen still does stupid stuff with the football. However, better than losing via a Hail Murray...

And no other QB in the league turns the ball over...I watched a few minutes of the Bucs/KC game and seen 3 turnovers by 2 of the best. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Gene1973 said:

I wanted to see the Bills step on the Chargers' throat and throttle them, but I knew it wouldn't happen. For whatever reason they are coached to keep the other team in the game in the 2nd half. This is why I'm not a big fan of McDermott.

Also Allen still does stupid stuff with the football. However, better than losing via a Hail Murray...

Ok, I have to call this out, they are NOT coached to keep the other team in game, I mean, coooome ooooon.

Just because they didn’t score 50 points, doesn’t meant they *don’t want to*, it just isn’t coming together as they’d like.  But since this the NFL, on earth, in the real world, things don’t always go as planned...

And yes, Josh had some hiccups yesterday, but to say he does stupid stuff w the ball, makes me wonder what Bills season you’re watching.

:beer:

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JMF2006 said:

Well maybe you don't find this team special but I do.

They blew up the Dline after last year and they are just finding the groove now.

This offence is set to smash all sorts of long Standing  Buffalo(see what I did there?) records this year .

Buffalo is happening now :)

Ok- they are special for Buffalo club, certainly offense.   

To be fair, the only "special" team in the NFL is Kansas City.  When they need to turn it on and make plays, they do it.  And even they have found themselves at the end of games hanging on and needing to grind out first downs...or throwing a late TD like against Vegas. 

• Like (+1) 1

Usually when you are negative 2 in the turnover battle you lose. The Chargers only got 3 points off of 3 turnovers. The defense is gaining some traction. The offense will be fine. The offense is missing John Brown and they didn't pass block for squat yesterday. 

How likely is it that Buffalo will again commit 3 turnovers in the space of less than 10 plays on offense?  They did so yesterday and still won.  To me, they never really looked like they were being threatened.

Yes, there are lots of things they need to clean up, but they got the win and nobody can take it away from their record now.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Consider that it was less than 12 months ago that we boasted a 16-point lead over the Houston Texans in the Wild Card round of the playoffs.  What could have been our first playoff victory in well over 20 years, was spoiled by a total mental breakdown on both sides of the ball.  Missed tackles.  Penalties.  Sacks.  Instead of learning from that comedy of errors, and improving in 2020, the Bills seem to have embraced the Texans game as our identity.  A team that starts out of the gate strong, but struggles to close out opponents.

Sorry if I can't get excited about 8-3.  We had the same record last year, and even improved to 9-3 after our exciting Thanksgiving victory.  It didn't stop us from ending the season 1-4, with the bitterly disappointing finish listed above.  Eleven games in, I have seen ZERO improvement from this team as a whole.  My last hope was that we could get some things right at the bye.  But we didn't.  Rest assured, the 2020 Bills are headed for the same kind of heartbreaking finish as 2019.

The Dolphins continue to bite at our heels in the division, and I'm not 100% sure this thing ends with us a top the AFC East.  If we somehow manage to scrape out 1st Place, I'm horrified at the prospect of a first-round exit courtesy of the Browns, Dolphins or Raiders.

That's nonsense.

Last year they started out with a spectacularly easy schedule and ended with a much harder one.

This year their 8-3 is much much more impressive.

You don't want to get excited about 8-3? That's on you, this is an exciting season.

11 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Entire team on HOTSEAT!

Heh heh.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

A pass for a two score, double digit victory???? Was it an ugly win? Yes, but hell, it was a two score double digit victory... 

A pass my azs. We won the dam- game.  

Look at what happened to the LV Raiders, get some perspective people. Some of the posters here are just the worst.

Every team we play gives their absolute best effort, and feels total embarrassment if they lose, after all they just lost to the historically hapless Buffalo Bills,  and yes that reputation is still Omni present in the football world, it will be a few more years of success before it truly starts to fade away. 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Eleven games in, I have seen ZERO improvement from this team as a whole. 

This is insane.  Last year, every first down felt like an accomplishment, scoring 20 points in a single game seemed like a tall order, and people were constantly wringing their hands over "but where's the 300 yard games?"  If you see zero improvement compared to last year, that's on you.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Shoulda won by 20+

Really poor showing in the 4th. Gave them every chance to come back and win that game. 

As long as the team learns from this and gets better we can move forward.

It just seems like this is the same story every week, too many miscues at the wrong time.

You cannot win a playoff game like that.

1 minute ago, Ramza86 said:

Shoulda won by 20+

Really poor showing in the 4th. Gave them every chance to come back and win that game. 

As long as the team learns from this and gets better we can move forward.

It just seems like this is the same story every week, too many miscues at the wrong time.

You cannot win a playoff game like that.

Good point. Don't think I've ever seen a team win a playoff game by having a miscue or two and winning anyway.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Oh no, not the same Dolphins or Raiders that we already beat this year?!?!?!?   This kind of cowardly talk is getting ridiculous.  This is a very good Bills team, that when firing on all cylinders can be a great team, whether you are excited or not.  

• Like (+1) 2