Week 9 Around the League

5 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Unfortunately one thing I'm probably not wrong about is the Dolphins.....man this is a ridiculously gritty team and they are going to be a tough out in the playoffs if they continue this on this trajectory. Also watch out for Tua.....looks totally different in start#2 vs last week which was expected.

This makes the Bills win today even bigger to keep pace and hold the division lead because if Dolphins hold on and win this game you can argue the only other probable loss left along the way to the season finale against the Bills is the Chiefs, but that game is in Miami so who knows. They also play in Oakland who appears to be legit but it will be insane if this team is 11-4 heading into Buffalo the final week of the season with the division/playoffs on the line.

If you end up being right it will be the first time.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Unfortunately one thing I'm probably not wrong about is the Dolphins.....man this is a ridiculously gritty team and they are going to be a tough out in the playoffs if they continue this on this trajectory. Also watch out for Tua.....looks totally different in start#2 vs last week which was expected.

This makes the Bills win today even bigger to keep pace and hold the division lead because if Dolphins hold on and win this game you can argue the only other probable loss left along the way to the season finale against the Bills is the Chiefs, but that game is in Miami so who knows. They also play in Oakland who appears to be legit but it will be insane if this team is 11-4 heading into Buffalo the final week of the season with the division/playoffs on the line.

Is he doing anything Fitzpatrick wouldnt be doing right now?

15 minutes ago, wjag said:

I picked the Steelers in my survivor pool 😞 

Sorry,  I have to root against you, but Pit is only down 7.  In my pool (over 3 grand to the winner) we started with 42, lost 2 on the Bills game and if Dallas wins we lose another 19, cutting the remaining people in half.  I was going to pick the Pittsburgh/Dallas game but I looked & I needed the Steelers in 2 weeks, so after hearing about all the SF injuries, I went with GB Thursday and spent today rooting against everyone else's picks.  So far 12 of us advanced.  The remaining ones are the aforementioned Pittsburgh 19 and 9 with NE tomorrow. I'm rooting big time for the Jets since not only would they knock out 9 more, but it would hurt them in the Tank for Trevor derby.  

3 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

If anything 2019 Bills......I've made this comparison before but this Dolphins team reminds me of Parcells 1998 Jets squad who some Bills fans may remember well....a very gritty team that was 0-2 and 2-3 at one point before going on a tear and finishing 12-4 to win the division and deep playoff run to the AFC Championship losing to the eventual champion Broncos.

Common denominator I see is great ST and Defense that makes game changing plays and an offense that is not flashy but efficient. Hopefully though the Bills still win the division and it seriously looks like at least 11 wins is what it's going to take based on the Dolphins remaining schedule.

At this point though people really need to stop calling them lucky....luck will win you a game or two but talent and coaching carry the rest which is what the Dolphins have shown in recent weeks.

You thought the Bills were going to get whooped by the seahags.

Your opinion means spit.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, High Football IQ said:

So did many other fans on this forum and 99% of the national/local media.

Look I was wrong and happy about that obviously but feel free to pile on if you like because I probably deserve it and have no issues with it.

....and their opinion means "spit" too.  

Let the "men" play the games.  

Sorry if duplicated 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30279300/washington-football-team-qb-kyle-allen-carted-ankle-injury

LANDOVER, Md.-- Washington Football Teamquarterback Kyle Allen suffered a dislocated left ankle with a small fracture in a 23-20 loss to the New York Giants on Sunday, according to a source.

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Sorry if duplicated 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30279300/washington-football-team-qb-kyle-allen-carted-ankle-injury

LANDOVER, Md.-- Washington Football Teamquarterback Kyle Allen suffered a dislocated left ankle with a small fracture in a 23-20 loss to the New York Giants on Sunday, according to a source.

That was gruesome...I was watching it on redzone and they were like yeaaa were only gonna show this once...dudes foot was on backwards 

1 minute ago, billsherd said:

Tua not looking too bad for his second game. 

Yep.  Nothing to worry about this year, but we're going be seeing a lot of this guy for the next decade.  Way too early to call this Kelly vs. Marino, but you can see the potential there.

18 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

So did many other fans on this forum and 99% of the national/local media.

Look I was wrong and happy about that obviously but feel free to pile on if you like because I probably deserve it and have no issues with it.

National media was about 60-40 Hawks. But good on you to own up. Bills exposed Hawks flaws. By the way Tua is playing very well. 

46 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Sorry if duplicated 

I was waiting for some troll to start a new thread here with the title "Allen suffers dislocated ankle"...