Postgame Thread Bills vs. Patriots

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, y2zipper said:

That onside kick is something bad teams do.

Largely I appreciate Buffalo sticking with the run today and hammering New England in a New England type game. Nobody has really shown the ability to pass on them this year and it was good to see Buffalo stick with what worked.

Take what the defense is giving you, the offense played well in the second half the defense in the first half. A win is a win, hopefully the Bills can get going against the Seahawks which should be a shootout

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Unlike you, we willing accept winning and will continue to settle for wins. It’s called understanding football. You may want to try it sometime..

You can do what you want with it. I’m happy we won. But I’m not celebrating in the streets. We should have kicked the crap out of them. We look soft. Bottom line. I want more than beating bad teams. 

Last four games the Bills defense has given up an average of 168 yards on the ground.  That is startling and it is not going to get better in the second half of the season.  McD has to face the fact that his light DEs are getting run over.  I see a 3-5 second half and a team limping into the play offs.  

I have never been angrier after a win than I am today.  Heck I really can't recall a time when I was more than perturbed after a win, but today I'm quite pissed. 

Thank God for the W.  It puts us squarely in the driver's seat to clinch the division, so yay for that, especially with the schedule shifting to the major leagues from here on out.  

That defensive performance today was straight crap for the most part, and what has me so damn pissed is Frazier and McDermott's lack of adjustment...while I do consider Bellicheck one of the greatest ever, I give him no credit for what the Pats were able to do to us offensively, I more consider it a colossal failure by Frazier and McDermott to have this defense prepared and up to the MODEST challenge to stop an offense that before today was well below average AND missing key starters on that side of the ball.  Yet they made Cam Newton and a bunch of no names look like a well oiled offensive machine.  And had Zimmer not saved the day, I have absolutely ZERO doubt that the Patriots would've scored a touchdown on that drive.  I would bet my life savings on it.

Frazier, IMO, needs to go.  And McDermott needs to step up to the podium and man up and answer some questions about why this team is so ill-prepared on defense, why it is playing so damn soft, and why it appears, when it matters most, we can't stop ANYONE. A defense playing with no heart is a direct reflection of it's head coach IMO.

Sorry for the rant guys. This one's gonna take a minute to digest....and I still can't believe I'm saying this after a win.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

That was the most embarrassing "win" that I've ever witnessed from this team.  I'm not pleased at all.

Between the multiple key penalties that wiped out big gains by the Patriots offense, the arrogant decision by Bill Belichick to do an onside kick, and ridiculously fortunate fumble recovery in the final seconds... we needed every LUCKY bounce of the football to squeak out a win against a bunch of practice squad-caliber players.

At this point, I'm already looking towards next year.  The offense is our only hope to carry this team, and it's been mediocre for the last month.  This defense is hot trash.  And this coaching staff clearly has zero answers for fixing it.  Our D-Line gets blown backwards on virtually every play, while our linebackers don't understand basic tackling fundamentals and our secondary plays 18 yards off the receivers.  It was interesting to see how much our cornerbacks respect the skills of Jakobi Meyers and Damiere Byrd, that we gave them huge cushions all game.

I'm starting to believe the hype that Miami can mount a comeback and take the AFC East.  And even if we still manage to win the division, this overrated squad is going to get knocked out in the first round.  

This was against a hated division opponent and sometimes it comes down to certain things teams can't control...It doesn't matter!

It's a WIN and it helps build confidence along the way. We now know that the Bills can pound the rock when all else fails. The Patriots matched up well against Buffalo because their pass defense is really good...and it made little difference. 

A win, is a WIN, is a WIN! :D

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, longtimebillsfan said:

They are a good team.  That would be a quality win.

We'll be dogs to both Seattle and Arizona, but those are both winnable games.  Sitting here right now, with both of those games left to be played, a split is probably the most likely outcome.

Look, this was an ugly win. UG. LEE.

But after going through a wasteland of blown games, I decided long ago that the ugliest win is a hell of a lot better than the prettiest "moral victories" where we played a superior team tough.

We beat the Patriots. We beat a Bellicheck coached Pats team, playing with their starting QB, who played the Seahawks close, beat the Raiders, and has been playing a slew of good teams. 

We deserve the win. That it's ugly and that we have issues are not a shocker, but let's deal with it looking at next week. 

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3