Postgame Thread Bills vs. Patriots

Chandler#81

That was the most embarrassing "win" that I've ever witnessed from this team.  I'm not pleased at all.

Between the multiple key penalties that wiped out big gains by the Patriots offense, the arrogant decision by Bill Belichick to do an onside kick, and ridiculously fortunate fumble recovery in the final seconds... we needed every LUCKY bounce of the football to squeak out a win against a bunch of practice squad-caliber players.

At this point, I'm already looking towards next year.  The offense is our only hope to carry this team, and it's been mediocre for the last month.  This defense is hot trash.  And this coaching staff clearly has zero answers for fixing it.  Our D-Line gets blown backwards on virtually every play, while our linebackers don't understand basic tackling fundamentals and our secondary plays 18 yards off the receivers.  It was interesting to see how much our cornerbacks respect the skills of Jakobi Meyers and Damiere Byrd, that we gave them huge cushions all game.

I'm starting to believe the hype that Miami can mount a comeback and take the AFC East.  And even if we still manage to win the division, this overrated squad is going to get knocked out in the first round.  

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, John Gianelli said:

Don't know if I've ever seen stat lines so equal.

NE      Buffalo

Total Plays                                      61       57

Total Yards                                    349     339

Penalties                                      5-35      5-30

Turnovers                                          1          1

3rd Down Eff.                                5-10       5-11

4th Down Eff.                                 0-0         0-0

Passing                                           161       149

Rushing                                         34-188    38-190

TOP                                               30:46       29:14

The game was a war of wills and the Bills prevailed.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Its not a knee jerk reaction. I'll concede there is a lot of time left in the season,  but it's been several weeks in a row where we have no answer to the opposition's run game. What's going to happen to fix the issue?

can we please just enjoy a victory over a team that has kicked our asses for decades and look at the deficits later.......?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

He knew he was going to have to try something to get his team going. I think he had more faith in the Bills defense than he should have or he was just not sure if Josh could be stopped by his defense. 

That onside kick is something bad teams do.

Largely I appreciate Buffalo sticking with the run today and hammering New England in a New England type game. Nobody has really shown the ability to pass on them this year and it was good to see Buffalo stick with what worked.

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

That was the most embarrassing "win" that I've ever witnessed from this team.  I'm not pleased at all.

Between the multiple key penalties that wiped out big gains by the Patriots offense, the arrogant decision by Bill Belichick to do an onside kick, and ridiculously fortunate fumble recovery in the final seconds... we needed every LUCKY bounce of the football to squeak out a win against a bunch of practice squad-caliber players.

At this point, I'm already looking towards next year.  The offense is our only hope to carry this team, and it's been mediocre for the last month.  This defense is hot trash.  And this coaching staff clearly has zero answers for fixing it.  Our D-Line gets blown backwards on virtually every play, while our linebackers don't understand basic tackling fundamentals and our secondary plays 18 yards off the receivers.  It was interesting to see how much our cornerbacks respect the skills of Jakobi Meyers and Damiere Byrd, that we gave them huge cushions all game.

I'm starting to believe the hype that Miami can mount a comeback and take the AFC East.  And even if we still manage to win the division, this overrated squad is going to get knocked out in the first round.  

I believe you sir/ma'am are a troll

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Well we will let you sit and stew and enjoy a 3 game lead in the division. 

• Thank you (+1) 2