Postgame Thread Bills vs. Patriots

Chandler#81

Don't know if I've ever seen stat lines so equal.

NE      Buffalo

Total Plays                                      61       57

Total Yards                                    349     339

Penalties                                      5-35      5-30

Turnovers                                          1          1

3rd Down Eff.                                5-10       5-11

4th Down Eff.                                 0-0         0-0

Passing                                           161       149

Rushing                                         34-188    38-190

TOP                                               30:46       29:14

Edited by John Gianelli
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

If the Bills won and Allen and Diggs had season injuries are you happy? Same thing here. We played down to a bad Pats team. This was a perfect set up to embarrass them. Instead the narrative is the bills got really lucky and are a soft team. You can be happy for a win but not feel good about our chances vs better teams. 

What in the Sam Hill are you talking about?

A fan of Buffalo would be happy today with a win against the Patriots*

Allen and Diggs are fine!

w

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

And the Bills won....I could just imagine if they lost.

there are fans in this fanbase who will always look at the glass half freakin full.....always...even after a win. Was it perfect NO....will it matter at the end of the year that it was an "ugly"  win that needed a miraculously exciting ending  again NO but by all means piss on the victory and point out the negatives........ Cheese n crackers

Edited by Muppy

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Can't argue any of that and you failed to mention the worst player Winters. Does any sane Bills fan really think we're going deep in the playoffs.  Please. That Patriots team might have been worse than the Jets. Without that fumble, they're going in for 28-24. You guys can all jump up and down for the W but this team has serious issues.

Yeah Winters is horrible but the offense did what they had to do and held up their end.

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

I honestly don't even know how to handle winning a game thanks to the other team's backbreaking mistake.  It's whatever the opposite of Billsy is.

Thats usually what the Bills do on a final drive....or allow the TD after kicking the go ahead FG.

This was the tide turning....winning a tough division game your opponent needed more. :)

1 minute ago, Muppy said:

quite a negative take a lot of time left in the season to hopefully get even healthier and make a run.....if yer In the playoffs there's always a chance matey one step at a time

Its not a knee jerk reaction. I'll concede there is a lot of time left in the season,  but it's been several weeks in a row where we have no answer to the opposition's run game. What's going to happen to fix the issue?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Tua looked better than Allen today 

I’d say Miami is right there in fighting for the division 

Maybe it’s because the game was played in beautiful Miami while Josh dealt with a hurricane. And maybe you have no idea what you’re talking about. 

Nevermind. Both are absolutely accurate.

• Like (+1) 1

Another win. This team is going to win the division. Learn to love it, Debbies.

Klein is awful though, I agree. Multiple visible plays where he was clearly too slow and overmatched. Darron Lee addition continues to make sense but need more at LB.

Just now, ngbills said:

If the Bills won and Allen and Diggs had season injuries are you happy? Same thing here. We played down to a bad Pats team. This was a perfect set up to embarrass them. Instead the narrative is the bills got really lucky and are a soft team. You can be happy for a win but not feel good about our chances vs better teams. 

This is spot on. I’m going to savor this being this season of winning the AFC title. I’ll also be disappointed if we have another first round playoff exit. Two things can be true at once.