Postgame Thread Bills vs. Patriots

Chandler#81

Just now, HomeTeam said:

That Mitch Morse concussion is a major concern. I wish him a speedy recovery, I know he has a history with that : S

I dunno. The run blocking was much better today. Could just be Mongo's return but I have always thought Morse was more athletic than strong on the run. 

Went almost exactly as I suspected it would with between two divisional opponents who know each other so well.

The wind was the most influential component of the game as it’s been so many times in that stadium. 

Happy we got a W. 

Not kidding myself for a second that this defense is anything special or that it’s capable of winning a game for us against a good opponent. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just take the win? Why are you on the board posting then? “To say good win right. That was amazing we are great”. I don’t see the point in that. Just go have a drink and celebrate. Many prefer to look at the bigger picture and the current state of this team. What they need to right the ship. Player additions? Scheme changes? Changes to rotations? It’s ok to want more than just a w over a bad team by a fumble inside one minute. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, K-9 said:

Not kidding myself for a second that this defense is anything special or that it’s capable of winning a game for us against a good opponent. 

The Ravens would run for 400 yards against them. It's a huge problem, though maybe with a healthy Wallace and Milano in future games, they can commit more to stopping it.  

3 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

Happy to win but we have to be honest with ourselves here, this team has a bunch of flaws. Unfortunately, I don't believe we can compete with the premier teams in the AFC.

I hate to admit it, but I feel you may be right...maybe I'm still a bit emotional after the game, but in my heart I feel we'd have a real tough time beating the Steelers, Ravens even though they just lost(but both losses were to the two best teams in the NFL), Chiefs, Titans...it can certainly happen. When our offense is clickin, I believe we can score on anybody.  I just don't see our D makin enough stops....

I really, really, really hope we get this turned around, and quickly.  Being the resident TBD rainbow sunshine and lollipops optimist, I still don't see it happening, not with so many missing pieces and injuries...this may be something that won't be able to be addressed until the off-season. 

Just now, ngbills said:

Just take the win? Why are you on the board posting then? “To say good win right. That was amazing we are great”. I don’t see the point in that. Just go have a drink and celebrate. Many prefer to look at the bigger picture and the current state of this team. What they need to right the ship. Player additions? Scheme changes? Changes to rotations? It’s ok to want more than just a w over a bad team by a fumble inside one minute. 

We tend to think of the Patriots as the "unstoppable jauggernaut" during their dynasty years (which have ended).

But that only started in 2007.  To that point, they were the scrappy team that figured out ways to win close games.

5 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

Some writers talk about players responding positively to coaches showing they are doing everything they can to win. Examples of this are going for it on fourth down, going for 2, or running gadget plays. Obviously this is an intangible/unquantifiable factor.

While the pats might not have recovered the onside kick, they seemed to play well the rest of the game. 

I saw it differently. It felt like he didn’t trust his offense so he made a desperate call. When coaches feel overmatched they pull out trick plays and crap.  It backfired. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, smuvtalker said:

I hate to admit it, but I feel you may be right...maybe I'm still a bit emotional after the game, but in my heart I feel we'd have a real tough time beating the Steelers, Ravens even though they just lost(but both losses were to the two best teams in the NFL), Chiefs, Titans...it can certainly happen. When our offense is clickin, I believe we can score on anybody.  I just don't see our D makin enough stops....

I really, really, really hope we get this turned around, and quickly.  Being the resident TBD rainbow sunshine and lollipops optimist, I still don't see it happening, not with so many missing pieces and injuries...this may be something that won't be able to be addressed until the off-season. 

Any team can have a bad game in one aspect but the Bills D is consistently terrible. It's their identity, especially run D.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I dunno. Another game we play down to a far less talented team. Yeah we won 2 in a row but they got to get it together. That just isn't good enough.

Belichick is still Belichick and he knows the AFC East teams as well as his own.

I'll take the win. So many "poor" Bills teams have played "great" NE teams down to the wire, but always found a way to lose.

Today we played them down to the wire and found a way to win.

Enjoy a win for a few minutes...it's healthy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

That was flat out embarrassing. 

No. What is flat out embarrassing is having the lead on the Pats and all you have to do is catch a punt and run the clock out. Instead a certain player fumbled the punt. Not one game but two. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

Belichick is still Belichick and he knows the AFC East teams as well as his own.

I'll take the win. So many "poor" Bills teams have played "great" NE teams down to the wire, but always found a way to lose.

Today we played them down to the wire and found a way to win.

Enjoy a win for a few minutes...it's healthy.

My point exactly.

Let's take a moment to revel in the statement "2-5 New England Patriots"

• Like (+1) 1