Postgame Thread Bills vs. Patriots

Chandler#81

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think they overestimated the defensive talent level.  The DL is lacking talent and the already paper-thin LB group is depleted by injuries.

Harrison Phillips had some plays today- maybe he is getting right after his knee injury.

I did notice that.  Usually he stands out in the wrong way, but he did seem to be in on a few positive plays today....i thought Marlowe played well too....

7 minutes ago, Puckman5 said:

No Brady, no Gilmore, no Edelman, all the missing pieces on Defense... That’s not progress.  That’s not taking a step toward being a legitimate playoff team.  Isn’t that what this year is about?  They’re not going anywhere playing like this.  They aren’t gaining any ground on the elite teams.  Is that win really a reason to celebrate?   

Go away.

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I disagree, personally. It was a huge factor. 

Some writers talk about players responding positively to coaches showing they are doing everything they can to win. Examples of this are going for it on fourth down, going for 2, or running gadget plays. Obviously this is an intangible/unquantifiable factor.

While the pats might not have recovered the onside kick, they seemed to play well the rest of the game. 

Edited by Shortchaz

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm just saying no matter how you respond, the game is what it is.

Just take the win.  Several good teams lost today to opponents they should have beaten.  On any given Sunday

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, sven233 said:

We'll take the win, but man......this team is in desperate need of a dominant 1-tech DT.  That 1 piece alone would make the entire defense better.

Beane has a couple days to make it happen.  Really hope he is able to find a beast up front. 

Maybe they can trade for Star Lotulelei ;) J/K too bad he opted out.

They could really use him now.

He wasn't worth the paycheck some fans said ;)

Now we get to see what the big man did for this team

• Thank you (+1) 1